ODI should be scrapped

garryjo82

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
ODI might be boring for you, but for hardcore cricket fans, it will bring more delight than T20
since childhood watching odis and m a big fan of ODI cricket, but in current scenario this format is facing a strong challenge by T20 and its a fact. TEST cricket will survive though till the end of this universe :)

garryjo82

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
This is where ODI comes in. It is a bridge that connects T20 and Tests.
ODI a bridge. seriously ?

Test format requires completely different unique skills(not a cup of tea for everyone) , thats why can be played by few nations just .[DOUBLEPOST=1461916525][/DOUBLEPOST]
Ask any cricketer. His main aim is to represent his country in the Tests. Not T20
of course but monetary gains better achieved by T20 leagues

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
ODI a bridge. seriously ?

Test format requires completely different unique skills(not a cup of tea for everyone) , thats why can be played by few nations just .[DOUBLEPOST=1461916525][/DOUBLEPOST]
of course but monetary gains better achieved by T20 leagues

Yup. Seriosuly. Look, In ODI, you need to apply technique, you need to have patience, skills. I am not telling these are not required in T20, but if you have brute power, that would be sufficient in T20. More than in T20, you can apply your skills better in the longer format.

Test format is not a cup of tea, I know that. But, if you ( I don't mean you. For ICC. But in general if ODI is scrapped out) don't give enough chances, how can players play well ? You directly can't play in tests after playing in T20. As I told before, T20 is mere 40 overs. Atleast in ODI, it's 100 overs and you will have enough time to bat and bowl. You can spend more time on the ground. Afterall, smaller nations can't play tests right away and T20 is just too less of a cricket. They need more exposure. More T20 games won't help them to improve. They need ODI to improve their performance. People just depend on power/hitting skills in T20. You can't deny this. In ODI, you will get more time to be yourself and anchor an innings..

Also, no need to make a different post for each quote. You can quote each line in a single post. Whichever line you wanna quote, select that line and you will get an option to quote it. Then it will be added to the multiquotes. You can do this for how much ever lines you need. Then, in the bottom you will see an option to "insert quotes". Click ok and you can quote each line in a single post.

garryjo82

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Also, no need to make a different post for each quote. You can quote each line in a single post. Whichever line you wanna quote, select that line and you will get an option to quote it. Then it will be added to the multiquotes. You can do this for how much ever lines you need. Then, in the bottom you will see an option to "insert quotes". Click ok and you can quote each line in a single pos
big thanks for this :cheers

coming back to topic again here, but what about bilateral series? specially odi ones. dont you think its getting too much , i mean with this ipl ,t20 session will come to end but again india will tour to windies for bilateral series. windies where popularity for odi cricket also got declined after t20 emergence, windies crowds seem to be more interested in T20

One-sided one day cricket internationals are killing the format, study warns - News - Faculty of Social Sciences - Faculties - The University of Sheffield

Last edited:

zwarrior

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
India
big thanks for this :cheers

coming back to topic again here, but what about bilateral series? specially odi ones. dont you think its getting too much , i mean with this ipl ,t20 session will come to end but again india will tour to windies for bilateral series. windies where popularity for odi cricket also got declined after t20 emergence, windies crowds seem to be more interested in T20
Too much ? No. I would rather watch bilateral series of ODI rather than T20. Windies crowd are interested in T20 because they are good only in T20 right now. I would love to see all the windies players back in the squad for ODI. That would make things interesting.

I made my point in the last two posts. So, right now I have nothing else to add.

garryjo82

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Windies crowd are interested in T20 because they are good only in T20 right now

more of the reason because t20 boosted interest again among youth , when there was an inclined interest towards basketball

by the way , subject of crowd interest go relevant to performance of players? dont think so

garryjo82

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
even though T20 is proved to be a crowd puller , it should be played less in quantity , i mean what becomes the logic of IPL right after world t20 , specially when both of them hosted in same country.

D

Dutch

Cricket is not meant to be popular???? ROFL . i end up my discussion here with you
People are trying to earn money in cricket by ruining it with things like the IPL. A few mercenaries are grabbing loads of cash while the average cricketer has to live off scraps. If the means to make cricket popular is ruining the game then you are burning your own bridges. I would go as far as to say that Twenty20 is just an activity that uses cricket equipment....further more your foundations supporting your own arguments are flawed...

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Look. The new teams are anyway being introduced to T20s. They are being drawn to T20 in the beginning itself. Once they improve, then only ODI format is being introduced to them.

This isn't what is happening, nor would it be a good thing if it was. As I've said in this thread several times, the majority of grassroots Cricket played in Associate nations in 50 over stuff. I'm not saying that T20 Cricket is not played, but for the nations at the lowest level their progress through the regional divisions below the World Cricket League is all still the same format as ODI Cricket.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Let's close this. Any mod?

Ravijeni

School Cricketer
Or people who want to discuss the topic could keep doing so. Feel free to stop participating if you don't feel you have anything to add.
true. I do not think its a nice idea for closing thread so early. If you can not add anything from your side then just ignore it.its simple[DOUBLEPOST=1462032740][/DOUBLEPOST]
“... true evil needs no reason to exist, it simply is and feeds upon itself.” - E.A. Bucchianeri
what you think evil.might be a glass of nector for someone else:)

Users who are viewing this thread