ODI should be scrapped

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
So because tests get less funding and views then T20s lets scrap tests? In fact people only want to see high scoring games so change the rules so the powerplay lasts the whole game. In fact just take out fielders and let batsmen just pump balls into the stands. Yes T20 attracts interest but it isn't true cricket. I don't care if the whole fricken royal family watch every live game of the IPL and give it 5 stars it still is just a watered-down version of cricket...

D

Deleted member 149013

@garryjo82
You seem to sum cricket up by the IPL and BBL oh and a little bit of CPL which is great and I’m happy for you so just watch them and don’t watch ODI cricket problem solved.
This way you will get all the excitement you need and none of the long winded games you don’t like.

garryjo82

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
So because tests get less funding and views then T20s lets scrap tests? In fact people only want to see high scoring games so change the rules so the powerplay lasts the whole game. In fact just take out fielders and let batsmen just pump balls into the stands. Yes T20 attracts interest but it isn't true cricket. I don't care if the whole fricken royal family watch every live game of the IPL and give it 5 stars it still is just a watered-down version of cricket...
please read out my earlier posts in this thread before writing anything here, go and check my very first post,

i never said that there should be only t20 format but my point of discussion was ,what is the point of odi existence? one format should be longer one, a platform for showing real cricketing skills (for this we have test cricket) and another one better optimized for commercial purpose(and here t20 comes), now tell me my intellectual cricket expert , what odi format could possible offer for benefits of cricket overall?

by the way playing ipl or any popular league is much better than those meaningless county matches for overall image of this game.[DOUBLEPOST=1462657873][/DOUBLEPOST]
@garryjo82
You seem to sum cricket up by the IPL and BBL oh and a little bit of CPL which is great and I’m happy for you so just watch them and don’t watch ODI cricket problem solved.
This way you will get all the excitement you need and none of the long winded games you don’t like.
so is this the way you put up discussion with others?

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
See there's a simple reason why ODIs exist. For eg. You see that a player is performing in a t20 league and you select him for t20i. Now if you want someone in the test team will you select him based on his bowling against sloggers or his slogging and six hitting skills?

That is the reason why Odis exist. They act as a testing ground for people who have been selected from t20 leagues that whether they can cope up in tests or not.

In reality, Karn Sharma was selected in the test team based on his bowling and slogging for SRH in the Ipl. And everyone knows what happened to him.

In case you don't know : 1st Test: Australia v India at Adelaide, Dec 9-13, 2014 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo

Meanwhile , Ajinkya Rahane who was selected because of his performance in the ODIs and flourishes in the team now.

garryjo82

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Now if you want someone in the test team will you select him based on his bowling against sloggers or his slogging and six hitting skills?
For that we already have first class cricket dear. so you want to say , For selection into a test team , a good performance in ODI is required ? i dont think so , there are several good cricketers have come up from first class cricket performance into test cricket.

By the way initially when odi format was introduced in back those days , it was way more criticized than guys do this t20 now a days. peoples were used to call it "pyjama cricket" that time :)

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
By the way initially when odi format was introduced in back those days , it was way more criticized than guys do this t20 now a days. peoples were used to call it "pyjama cricket" that time :)
How is that relevant to your argument?

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
For that we already have first class cricket dear. so you want to say , For selection into a test team , a good performance in ODI is required ? i dont think so , there are several good cricketers have come up from first class cricket performance into test cricket.

Well I don't think a nation will directly select someone who is playing Ranji or County cricket directly into the national test team. He needs to be tested or could end up in horrific results. For eg search Pankaj Sharma.

Ravijeni

School Cricketer
Well I don't think a nation will directly select someone who is playing Ranji or County cricket directly into the national test team. He needs to be tested or could end up in horrific results. For eg search Pankaj Sharma.
Atleast found a guy ,who is talking sensible

Ravijeni

School Cricketer

but there is wide difference between fc and test cricket level dear[DOUBLEPOST=1462732893][/DOUBLEPOST]
Everything seems to be relevant for his argument...
whats your problem bro? Atleast he is giving some sense .and what you are doing.shameless act[DOUBLEPOST=1462732991][/DOUBLEPOST]
it does not mean if you cant understand , that is irrelevant.use some common sense atleast

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
it does not mean if you cant understand , that is irrelevant.use some common sense atleast
:lol Ok, explain to me how is the fact that OD cricket was regarded as "pyjama cricket" by the purists relevant to the argument that the ODI format should be scrapped?[DOUBLEPOST=1462734080][/DOUBLEPOST]
shameless act
:lol @Markkkkk you should be truly ashamed.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
whats your problem bro? Atleast he is giving some sense .and what you are doing.shameless act

If we met in person and you called me a 'shameless act' my response would be way more physically and verbally assaulting then this...

Here's every post I've done where I've shared my opinion:

In terms of a format ODI is better as you can use tactics and isn't over in a blink. The teams aren't filled with medium pacers and big guys with huge bats swinging at everything...

Okay so you guys are arguing that T20 will pull new fans but if that happens then they will only be interested in T20 cricket because if they can't watch ODIs they sure as hell won't watch tests which would result in test cricket dying and T20 would be the only format to exist. T20 fans aren't fans that cricket wants or needs...

Also the whole point of ODIs is too allow stronger teams to still be able to be win, in T20s any team can beat any team which removes the rankings and the ability to say 'I beat you' as we all know the next game could be the complete opposite result. You say ODIs finish one sided but so do tests. ODIs aren't as exciting but likewise with tests. People who only watch cricket for the big sixes aren't true cricket fans as cricket is a mental game, it's all about being able to contain a side and perform to your best for however long is required. The reason why ODIs are so enjoyable is because (as you have said many times before) it requires similar skills to test cricket and you still get that sense of true cricket, proper technique, good bowling and fielding, starting aggressively with 3 slips and being able to adapt to every situation which effectively makes ODIs a test match but within one day making it an easier way to watch proper cricket without having to devote 20+ hours of your life. After the World Cup you can't say watching ODIs isn't as or more entertaining then T20 cricket. Seeing teams set themselves up to score 100 runs in the last 10 is just as exciting as watching a T20. On top of that ODIs have produced great games where you watch teams rebuild from the 20th over and slave away for 15-25 overs and saving a game for their side which doesn't happen in T20s (Yea sure people can hit 70 from number 7 but you can't see the patience from test cricket and watch two batsmen set themselves which takes huge amounts of composure). I'm pretty sure people weren't very excited watching teams limper to 120 in the T20 World Cup whereas low scores in ODIs can still be exciting (NZ vs Aus in the group stages) and if you score 240 (a low score by todays standards) you can still defend and have HUGE SIXSS!!! (Typo on purpose) whereas in T20s if there isn't 6s from ball one it loses it's entertainment and according to you it's value...

Every post has 1) Decent English and 2) understandable to humans so I'm already 2-0 up on you. All these posts which I'm 90% sure you haven't read have all have my opinions with reasons to back them up or are responses to what someone else has said. I've consistently argued against garryjo's points with logical reasoning (Some examples were exaggerated but was done so to put my point across) however all of his replies are about how much money T20s make despite us saying that ODIs make as much if not nearly the same as T20s.

However here are your posts:
Completely agreed

wow never knew that.ty for inf

Test cricket is boring but still a skillfull.show? What is the purpose of odi?

but icc not taking enough satisfactory steps to make t20 Real.popular in new associate i think.so?

It was intoduced as a crowd puller and its working excellent no doubt.best ever cricket format from crowd perspective

play a t20 Series with test matches much better idea.odi only for world cup or icc tournament[DOUBLEPOST=1461783622][/DOUBLEPOST]
lol

so you are not in favour of billaterial test series but a championship format you want,awesome idea without doubt

odi is suitable for world cup only or icc tournaments

t20 Tournament we can use better for uplifting the interest about game in new associates.but world t20 should be played atleasr every 3rd year

t20 Is not a miss or hit game.it requires certain type of skills .if it would have been the fact,then why dd lost match today? look at how pk and bravo bowled well in death overs

Yes there is little scope for error but whts issue .this is the beauty of this format.even an associate team can have chance to win against a test playing nation

where as for odi,two equal strength teams are necessary to get an exciting match otherwise entire thing go damn boring n time consuming

tesr is the best platform for showing skills but again boring by crowd perspect

Dd were 47-4 After 11 Overes but they lost the matcg just by 1 Run how, its because duminy and Morris batted with patience and shaped up the entire inning but couldnt win because bravo n pk's last spells

T20 Is a joke? Lol . Then give me reply why australia couldnt able to win any wt20 Till yet,and why they are ranking at 6th position.

pick up the results of last 30 Odis and t20i, almost 80% Matches in t20 Got finish with tight results .where as only 20% For odi format

time has gone now when everybody just want to watch a full day match and that too with almost all one sided match

t20 Is a game of 3 Hrs, and too dynamicly all things go here thats tremendous

Would like to watch t20 Only.whatever you may call me:)

true. I do not think its a nice idea for closing thread so early. If you can not add anything from your side then just ignore it.its simple[DOUBLEPOST=1462032740][/DOUBLEPOST]
what you think evil.might be a glass of nector for someone else:)

Having discussion over fb seems much better than wasting time here. Useless fellows

Atleast found a guy ,who is talking sensible

but there is wide difference between fc and test cricket level dear[DOUBLEPOST=1462732893][/DOUBLEPOST]
whats your problem bro? Atleast he is giving some sense .and what you are doing.shameless act[DOUBLEPOST=1462732991][/DOUBLEPOST]

Everything you've posted can be summed up in one sentence. Utter crap with the English capabilities of a 5 year old. You've made 0 contribution to this discussion except for agree or shunning people down. Your one argument was that T20s are good because Australia haven't won a world T20 for Fearsome Tweaks sake!

So instead of telling me 'shameless act' why don't you stop vibrating your nipples and add something to the conversation and while you're at it read Garrys posts and see that all he has posted is how much revenue T20s make and how ODIs should be scrapped as they are boring but Tests should stay. Now what have we learnt today?

1) Don't post crappy English.
2) Don't insult people without making sure you're right.
3) Riding on Garrys arguments like you're on honeymoon isn't a contribution.
4) Read a thread before you comment

Have a good, sir.

Ravijeni

School Cricketer
If we met in person and you called me a 'shameless act' my response would be way more physically and verbally assaulting then this...

Here's every post I've done where I've shared my opinion:

Every post has 1) Decent English and 2) understandable to humans so I'm already 2-0 up on you. All these posts which I'm 90% sure you haven't read have all have my opinions with reasons to back them up or are responses to what someone else has said. I've consistently argued against garryjo's points with logical reasoning (Some examples were exaggerated but was done so to put my point across) however all of his replies are about how much money T20s make despite us saying that ODIs make as much if not nearly the same as T20s.

However here are your posts:

Everything you've posted can be summed up in one sentence. Utter crap with the English capabilities of a 5 year old. You've made 0 contribution to this discussion except for agree or shunning people down. Your one argument was that T20s are good because Australia haven't won a world T20 for Fearsome Tweaks sake!

So instead of telling me 'shameless act' why don't you stop vibrating your nipples and add something to the conversation and while you're at it read Garrys posts and see that all he has posted is how much revenue T20s make and how ODIs should be scrapped as they are boring but Tests should stay. Now what have we learnt today?

1) Don't post crappy English.
2) Don't insult people without making sure you're right.
3) Riding on Garrys arguments like you're on honeymoon isn't a contribution.
4) Read a thread before you comment

Have a good, sir.

you enjoy this discussion. I have other important work besides than just wasting my time with guys like you.

have a good sir?

wow what quality english you used here.crappiest one .:)

and my guess was right.you truly are shameles one.

garryjo82

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India

Actually my point was about this fact that at the time of arrival , ODI format was criticized in same way even more than i should say. but later time got accepted and teams started playing world cup with this format. and i do not need to tell you , world cup is the most prestigious cricket tournament till date.

so my point is, same way T20 format will get progress for a better future. and once it would get considered as the best format.[DOUBLEPOST=1462774649][/DOUBLEPOST]
Everything seems to be relevant for his argument...
No idea bro , why you writing all these stuff. but if you have something valuable to share then only do it please .[DOUBLEPOST=1462774706][/DOUBLEPOST]

We are here for discussion only :)

Users who are viewing this thread