ODI/Test Help

badvintage

International Cricketer
I'm playing as Pakistan in my iphone. In test matches I always get the opponent all out after 400+ runs. Is there any way I can decrease that?

And for ODI I suck at bowling, the opponent always seems to get 280+. What is a good bowling tactic?

6ry4nj

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
The most important thing to know about limited overs is that the default fields are all useless. During powerplays you might get away with them, but otherwise you must customize your field.

Always bowl to the batsman's weaknesses, except at the death where the hints say to bowl full outside off. Naturally always customize your field to your bowler's line - legside line is rarely hit through cover and similarly for the offside line going through midwicket (at the death however I find it's worth having a deep midwicket anyway)

For Tests, it's less obvious what advice to give. If you're going for more than four an over, you probably need to use less bowling aggression, but don't give it up altogether - experiment with different bowlers at different aggression levels until you get a feel for what works for each. Higher aggression either side of a day break might also work, since the batsmen may go into their shell (before a break) and take some time to get their mojo back (after one).

disco dog 13

School Cricketer
If you have 2 batsmen that are getting settled then change the bowling type from either spin to seam, or medium pace to spin/seam, or seam to spin etc
You'll be surprised how often this change will result in a wicket.

I try to have at least 8 "bowlers" in my team

So my Australian ODI team is

Hughes
Haddin (Wk)
Marsh
Voges - SLA
White - LS
North - OS
Watson - RFM
S. Smith - LS
Johnson - LMF
Siddle - RFM
Bollinger- LMF

4 Seamers - 2 left 2 right
plus 4 spinners - you'd be surprsied how many wickets batsmen (Voges, White and North) take

Plus they bat strongly all the way down to Mitchell Johnson at no. 9

Use the same team for Tests, and then I bring in Tait and Nannes for Bollinger and Siddle for the 20/20 games

Works for me anyway :D

Last edited:

hassanyasin1

Club Cricketer
i struggle with feild settings as well but i can give you a good bowling attack

pick these bowlers for test: on a rating from 1-10
shahid afridi ( 9)
imran khan - rfm (7.5)
umar gul - rfm (8.5)
shoaib malik (8.5)

and then reserve bowlers:
salimullah khan - Lfm (7)
danish kaneria - off spinner(i think)( know hes a spinner though) (8)

and then for odi's

shahid afridi - (9)
shaoib malik - (8)
umar gul - (9)
rahat ali (7.5)or sohail tanvir (7)
imran khan (8)

reserve:
danish kaneria - (8.5)
rizwan haider - (6.5)
abdur rauf - (7)

hope this helps :)

----------

thoguth i'd just tell you how i ussually put my odi team: (batting ratings)

afaeq raheem - (7.75)
shahid afridi - (6.5 - will need coaching for one season)
yunas khan - (8.5)
asad shafik - (7.5)
umar akmal - (7.5)
muzumil nizam - (8)
zulqurnain haider - (8.5) wk
shaoib malik - consistent - (5.5)
sohail tanvir- ok at death - (4.5)
imran khan - open bowling - good at death (tail ender)
umar gul - open bowling - good at death (tail ender)

test team - (batting ratings)

afaeq raheem - (8)
usman sallahuddin - (8)
yunas khan - (9)
nuzumil nizam - (8)
umar akmal - (7.5)
asad shafik - (7.5)
zulqurnain haider - (7.5) wk
shahid afridi - (6)
shaoib malik - (5)
umar gul - (tailender)
imran khan(tailender)

A bit off topic i know - lol :) :p

badvintage

International Cricketer
Thanks guys for the help, I stopped playing for a bit because of exams but after that is done, I'm going to experiment everything :thumbs

I put Wahab Riaz instead of Imran Khan but I have tried him before, he did pretty good. And my openers are either Mohammad Hafeez, Ahmed Shahzad or Nasir Jamshed.

----------

One more thing, how would you know a batsmen weakness?

6ry4nj

International Coach

One more thing, how would you know a batsmen weakness?
In the Personal tab, it may say:
- "pace bowling preference", so his weakness is spin, or vice-versa
- "back foot preference", so his weakness is full bowling, (while front foot preference means his weakness is short stuff)
- "off side preference", so his weakness is leg side, or vice-versa

Some players (in theory) may not have any of these weaknesses, and when they do, the weakness can be 'slight' or 'strong' depending on how strong their preference is.

A short summary of their preferences comes up in the match screen (of course only while you're bowling) I think it's if you hover over the batsman's name but I don't have a match open in front of me.

badvintage

International Cricketer
In the Personal tab, it may say:
- "pace bowling preference", so his weakness is spin, or vice-versa
- "back foot preference", so his weakness is full bowling, (while front foot preference means his weakness is short stuff)
- "off side preference", so his weakness is leg side, or vice-versa

Some players (in theory) may not have any of these weaknesses, and when they do, the weakness can be 'slight' or 'strong' depending on how strong their preference is.

A short summary of their preferences comes up in the match screen (of course only while you're bowling) I think it's if you hover over the batsman's name but I don't have a match open in front of me.

Wow, thanks man. I appreciate your help. I'm just a noob right now ;)

hassanyasin1

Club Cricketer
trust me

the batsmen who really quickly improves is afaq raheem - he'll start off okish but then after 1 season max he'll become your star alrounder
;)

hassanyasin1

Club Cricketer
yep you do i ussually give him loads of coaching as well to play fast bowling and front foot technique but that upto you :)

----------

hope they rate mohammed hafeez and saeed ajmal in the icc 2012 cos they both way better in real life

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Strong front or back foot preference means the batsman is comfortable playing shots in that area. If I'm bowling to a batsman with a strong front foot preference, I will bowl short to him most of the time, since they are not as strong in that area and are more likely to get out/perform below average.

If one of my batsman has a strong front foot preference, I might use back foot technique training on him and eventually he will become well rounded, but if he's averaging well even with the perceived weakness, I just stick to general technique.

And slight preference just means their ability off the back or front foot are fairly even, so again I just bowl the opposite most of the time. If there no preferences, I go for middle length and aim at offstump.

badvintage

International Cricketer
Strong front or back foot preference means the batsman is comfortable playing shots in that area. If I'm bowling to a batsman with a strong front foot preference, I will bowl short to him most of the time, since they are not as strong in that area and are more likely to get out/perform below average.

If one of my batsman has a strong front foot preference, I might use back foot technique training on him and eventually he will become well rounded, but if he's averaging well even with the perceived weakness, I just stick to general technique.

And slight preference just means their ability off the back or front foot are fairly even, so again I just bowl the opposite most of the time. If there no preferences, I go for middle length and aim at offstump.

Wow thanks man, I have to note on that.

Users who are viewing this thread