PlanetCricket Award Winner
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
08 clarke.jpg
Michael Clarke

Having debuted in 2003, Michael Clarke quickly established himself as one of the key figures in the Australian batting line-up. His pristine timing and astute footwork particularly against the spinners set him apart from a lot of his contemporaries. Following Damien Martyn's retirement, Clarke was elevated to number five in the batting order, where he created an instant impact, notching up four consecutive fifties in the 2007 Cricket World Cup which Australia eventually won.

In a career that spanned over 12 years and was glittered with 8 hundreds & 58 fifties, Clarke's finest hour in International cricket came in 2007 in a rain-marred game at the very venue where he had scored an awe-inspiring hundred on debut - M.Chinnaswamy Stadium in Bengaluru.

Australia had been pegged back by India's fast bowlers after deciding to bat in the series opener of the seven-match series in October 2007. Clarke, en route to a pristine 130 off 132 balls, then shared a 144 run partnership with Brad Haddin, propelling the Aussies to a competitive 7/307 in 50 overs. The innings was also testimony to Clarke's temperament and resilience as he had come into the game not fully fit.

Batting Career Summary

Matches :- 245
Not Outs :- 40
Runs :- 7981
HS :- 7981
Avg :- 44.59
SR :- 78.99
100/50 :- 8/58

Manish's XI

4. Michael Clarke

Next @PresidentEvil

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
342049-glenn-mcgrath-2.jpg
Glenn Donald McGrath

Glenn McGrath has been one of the prolific bowlers for Australia and also in World Cricket, whose career spanned to over 14 years across all the formats of the game.

An absolute beast in bowling department and also a handy batsman who could score about 5-10 handy runs. What makes him better batsman among other tailenders is that he would hold the other end while the batsman could score from one end. He holds records for seven highest tenth wicket partnerships, and two tenth wicket partnerships of 100 plus.

His win-loss record at World Cup tournaments is impressive; he's been in four tournaments (1996, 1999, 2003 and 2007), two less than the record. Australia won three of those (1999, 2003 and 2007) and were runners-up in 1996 to Sri Lanka. He holds most bowling records in ICC Cricket World Cup, including most wickets, most wickets in a single tournament (2007), best bowling figures, bowling average and most maiden overs.

I'm glad to include him in my squad and he will be my lead in the bowling department. :)

World Cup Record
Played: 39
Innings: 39
Overs: 325.5
Maidens: 42
Runs: 1292
Wickets: 71
BBI: 7/15
Average: 18.19
Economy: 3.96
Strike Rate: 27.5
4fer: 0
5fer: 2
CT: 5

PresidentEvil's XI

11. Glenn McGrath​

Last edited:

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Glenn McGrath is a steal pick tbh and I was torn between him or Ponting. I went for Ponting only because it solved my captaincy purposes and I got a perfect number 3. I feel McGrath is the best ever world cup player. Nice pic!

Michael Clarke is an interesting choice really. I never thought he will be picked this early. He was a decent world cup player but his average is inflated by the number of not outs. Surely there are better options than him bht hey he is a good player. Also Manish we are only looking at world cup stats here so his overall figures do not mean anything.

@CerealKiller up.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Adam Gilchrist is also a top pick. The best WK batsman you can have in this draft plus he is also an opener. His WC record is phenomenal too and a player for the big games as he showed when he hammered SL in the 2007 WC finals.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Glenn McGrath is a steal pick tbh and I was torn between him or Ponting. I went for Ponting only because it solved my captaincy purposes and I got a perfect number 3. I feel McGrath is the best ever world cup player. Nice pic!

Michael Clarke is an interesting choice really. I never thought he will be picked this early. He was a decent world cup player but his average is inflated by the number of not outs. Surely there are better options than him bht hey he is a good player. Also Manish we are only looking at world cup stats here so his overall figures do not mean anything.

@CerealKiller up.
Will make my pick in a few hours

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
images

Matthew Hayden

Matthew Hayden was Australia's most destructive opener. The imposing left hander pummeled almost 1000 runs in 21 World Cup innings, scoring at a brisk strike rate of 92 and an average of 51.
In 2007, Hayden was the shining light of Australia's batting in yet another undefeated World Cup campaign. He smashed a 66-ball century against South Africa and hit 158 off 144 against the Windies, as he marched to the top of the run scoring charts. He finished with an astonishing 659 runs, the second most ever in a World Cup, at a strike rate of 101.
Hayden will be a key player in my side. So opening bowlers, beware!
CerealKiller's XI
1. Matthew Hayden
11.​

Bhumi

Club Captain
Okay we had these some 5-6 years ago on this site and it was real fun then so let's see if these are popular now. As the world cup is near why not have a world cup draft! We had one earlier and it was super awesome. This is just for fun and also to learn a bit more about cricket world cup history and the players we might not know. I will need around 8 to 10 people who can make their picks.

The aim is to get the best XI of the world cup history. So, only world cup performances of the players will matter here. There will be a limit of one player per country till the last round to make it more interesting. A player must have played at least 3 world cup matches to qualify. When you make a pick, try and add his pics and a little writeup as to why you picked him and maybe also highlight his special world cup moments. There will be a 24 hour time limit for each pick.

We will have 11 rounds in all, one player per round.

Australia
New Zealand
England
India
Pakistan
West Indies
South Africa
Bangladesh
Sri Lanka
Others (Afghanistan, Kenya, Zimbabwe, UAE, Bermuda, Canada, etc.)
Best of the remaining (Any country)

In the last round you can pick a player from any country from the remaining ones.

This will be an ordered draft. I will let you know the order once we have the signups. You will need to do a lot of research too and then pick. That is the best thing about this. Make sure you have a balanced XI! One wicket keeper is a must, and his batting stats as a wicket keeper only will count. Players in their correct batting positions will earn you more points too. Maybe we can also have a virtual sim league at the end to determine who picked the best side!

Signups
Rebel2k18
El Loco
Perfect Square
Ashutosh.
PresidentEvil
AliB
CerealKiller
Bigby Wolf
Manish.
Kumbis

Draft order:

Round 1: Australia
Kumbis
Rebel2k18
Manish.
PresidentEvil
CerealKiller
Perfect Square
Bigby Wolf
Ashutosh.
AliB
El Loco

Round 2: Bangladesh
El Loco
AliB
Ashutosh.
Bigby Wolf
Perfect Square
CerealKiller
PresidentEvil
Manish.
Rebel2k18
Kumbis

Round 3: England
Manish.
Bigby Wolf
Kumbis
Perfect Square
El Loco
PresidentEvil
CerealKiller
Rebel2k18
AliB
Ashutosh.

Round 4: India
Ashutosh.
AliB
Rebel2k18
CerealKiller
PresidentEvil
El Loco
Perfect Square
Kumbis
Bigby Wolf
Manish.

Round 5: New Zealand
Bigby Wolf
Rebel2k18
CerealKiller
Manish.
AliB
Ashutosh.
Kumbis
PresidentEvil
El Loco
Perfect Square

Round 6: Pakistan
Perfect Square
El Loco
PresidentEvil
Kumbis
Ashutosh.
AliB
Manish.
CerealKiller
Rebel2k18
Bigby Wolf

Round 7: Srilanka
Rebel2k18
CerealKiller
PresidentEvil
Bigby Wolf
Manish.
El Loco
Kumbis
AliB
Ashutosh.
Perfect Square

Round 8: South Africa
Cereal Killer
Ashutosh.
AliB
Kumbis
El Loco
Manish.
Bigby Wolf
PresidentEvil
Perfect Square
Rebel2k18

Round 9: West Indies
AliB
Bigby Wolf
Ashutosh.
El Loco
Manish.
Perfect Square
Kumbis
CerealKiller
Rebel2k18
PresidentEvil

Round 10: Others
PresidentEvil
Rebel2k18
CerealKiller
Kumbis
Perfect Square
Manish.
El Loco
Ashutosh.
Bigby Wolf
AliB

Round 11: Best of the rest
Kumbis
PresidentEvil
Perfect Square
Manish.
CerealKiller
Bigby Wolf
El Loco
AliB
Ashutosh.
Rebel2k18
11 round so you should pick 11 member as well, why you forget Bhumi?

Bhumi

Club Captain
Let me IN
It's obvious, "Bhumi is late" :D
Well I just realize you guys only pick ODI star so myself not much interested but test cricket is real cricket I would like to play Draft of test players from around global world with openrs , (2) plus keeper, all rounder plus complete teams I bet,I can beat anyone.
Thanks.

Perfect Square

No Corners
PAK...
CSK
LQ
MS
Sydney Sixers
Brisbane Heat
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Pakistan
84.jpg

Shane Warne

Regarded one of the greatest bowlers in the history of the game. Warne who bowled right-arm leg break picked up 1001 wickets in his International Career. Not only that he also happens to have a staggering World Cup record. Despite picking up an injury before 2003 WC, he took 32 wickets in just 17 matches, at an average of 19.50 and S/R of 30.53 in his World Cup games.

The real deal is in his career of World Cup matches. The 1999 WC was a special one. Who can forget the Semi-Final of 1999 ICC World Cup against South Africa? South Africa was on course chasing a target of mere 214 until Warne came and sent 4 of South African's top 5 batsmen. Australia tied that match and went into the final because they finished higher in the Super Sixes. His wickets column didn't stop there. In the Final of 1999 ICC World Cup against hot favorites Pakistan. Shane Warne's spell of 4/33 made sure Pakistan couldn't score more than 213. Warne won the man of the final award and Australia lifted the World Cup yet again.

Not to forget he was a handy batsman too having scored 13 International 50s. Absolute beast in the game!

ODI Bowling Career Summary

Matches: 194
Wickets: 293
Average: 25.73
Economy: 4.25
Strike Rate: 36.3
4 wicket-haul: 12
5 wicket-haul: 1

Perfect Square's XI

8. Shane Warne

Users who are viewing this thread