Online cheaters / players without ethics

Pat

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Its cheating because you see the red marker come up and then push backfoot and then he changes it to blue ...thats cheating

I disagree. I still stick by what I said - It is a skill that tries to deceive the batsman. It is not easy to control your line/length/variations especially when you have to change it at the last second (it is very easy to end up bowling wides and no-balls when attempting this)

ashescricketer

Club Cricketer
I disagree. I still stick by what I said - It is a skill that tries to deceive the batsman. It is not easy to control your line/length/variations especially when you have to change it at the last second (it is very easy to end up bowling wides and no-balls when attempting this)
its difficult for you to push a button? its cheating because its a video game and not real life . .if you are batting and push backfoot and then front foot it doesnt play a shot because your batsman is still moving ... if thats how you play then goodluck to you ... you're the king of deception Mr Warne

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
How do you change length after the fact? Is this online only?

Pat

International Coach
How do you change length after the fact? Is this online only?

They mean selecting some other face button (let's say X for good length on PS4) while selecting a delivery but when the bowler is about to reach the crease change it to something else (for example Yorker). I don't agree it is cheating. It is one of the inherent features in the game to allow you to change the length anytime before the run-up till the ball is released from a bowlers hand.

D

Deleted member 185125

They mean selecting some other face button (let's say X for good length on PS4) while selecting a delivery but when the bowler is about to reach the crease change it to something else (for example Yorker). I don't agree it is cheating. It is one of the inherent features in the game to allow you to change the length anytime before the run-up till the ball is released from a bowlers hand.
Agree with you on that. Can't call that cheating.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

But in this case wouldn't the ball marker be the color of the length that was chosen last, i.e. just before being bowled? E.g., say I start my delivery by pressing X (good length) and at the time of delivery I change to a yorker length (Triangle). Wouldn't the ball marker show Blue/Orange instead of Green as the length of the delivery before being bowled was fuller and not good length.

If the ball marker shows green (good length) then I've to agree with @ashescricketer that it's more of a bug as there's no way in a video game for you to react as you tend to rely on the visual aids (length marker). If that's incorrect how can you bat? IMO the last selection for the length needs to be shown while displaying ball marker and not the initial length selection.

D

Deleted member 185125

But in this case wouldn't the ball marker be the color of the length that was chosen last, i.e. just before being bowled? E.g., say I start my delivery by pressing X (good length) and at the time of delivery I change to a yorker length (Triangle). Wouldn't the ball marker show Blue/Orange instead of Green as the length of the delivery before being bowled was fuller and not good length.

If the ball marker shows green (good length) then I've to agree with @ashescricketer that it's more of a bug as there's no way in a video game for you to react as you tend to rely on the visual aids (length marker). If that's incorrect how can you bat? IMO the last selection for the length needs to be shown while displaying ball marker and not the initial length selection.
The ball marker will show green and accordingly change as soon as the player alters.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The ball marker will show green and accordingly change as soon as the player alters.

As long as it changes from green to blue (or any other length color) when the opponent changes the length, that should be good.

Pat

International Coach
As long as it changes from green to blue (or any other length color) when the opponent changes the length, that should be good.

Yes, it definitely changes colour. Let's say you see Green for a second and just when the bowler is about to release, it changes to Red.

Nathaus

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Australia
Yes, it definitely changes colour. Let's say you see Green for a second and just when the bowler is about to release, it changes to Red.
Yea got to say to me that's not cheating at all - it's a function in the game, probably to even up the bowling a little bit. Often bowlers will change their length before delivery, especially in T20/ODI.

I just never knew you could do it.

Exploiting missing batting animations though is dodgy AF and shouldn't be done if you are any sort of gentleman. It's akin to stacking the field around the bat and peppering the AI with bouncers in BLC/SWC 99.

Reactions: Pat

Users who are viewing this thread