Discussion Online Play General Discussion

imhassan

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
My online experience has been horribly laggy and buggy in as many games I've played so far, on my PS3. At the moment, I would stay away from it and can't recommend it to anyone until things improve.

I see ball rolling on the ground give as catch outs, balls that I didn't even touch are 'caught' by keeper, timing is so difficult because of lag as well is bowling. I have a very fast Internet connection so I'm certain bandwidth isn't the issue as I don't face lag in other games I play online.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
By design the forfeit is offered but you have to go into the menus and accept it - I've had matches where both I've offered a forfeit to the other player and been offered one myself - and completed them both without problem.

christy_lenin

Club Captain
My online experience has been horribly laggy and buggy in as many games I've played so far, on my PS3. At the moment, I would stay away from it and can't recommend it to anyone until things improve.

I see ball rolling on the ground give as catch outs, balls that I didn't even touch are 'caught' by keeper, timing is so difficult because of lag as well is bowling. I have a very fast Internet connection so I'm certain bandwidth isn't the issue as I don't face lag in other games I play online.

Especially the lag is very difficult to handle when bowlers bowl at 140+. I think the slow down feature when bowling can be used more effectively to tackle the lag.

@Ross already promised to look on the online issues, will wait for patch#2. :thumbs

arjwiz

Associate Captain
By design the forfeit is offered but you have to go into the menus and accept it - I've had matches where both I've offered a forfeit to the other player and been offered one myself - and completed them both without problem.

This is what I had thought, but apparently this is not true. @kushari was offered two or three forfeits, and he DID NOT accept any of them. However, the game automatically ended (while I was during my run up). The scorecard popped up and stated that I had lost the game due to forfeit.

He was as shocked as I was.

In my opinion, this is the number one bug (if it is a bug and not a design choice). If it is a design choice, then it's a poor one, and definitely needs to be an option that players can toggle on or off while setting up the match.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Me and my mate can connect to other peoples online matches , or host our own succesfully . Only problem is , whenever we want to play against one another , we can never get even to the first screen where one can choose sides etc. Each time its unsuccesfull , very frustrating , I have no idea why this is happening.

Are we just not meant to play against one another ????

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
At the office we have dev kits side by side and can control the level of bad packets, dropped packets, speed, etc.. we can see what's going on and with wired connections there appears to be no issues.

I'm pretty sure the issue is with wireless play, things just go badly out of sync.

We did not test on wireless as we can't have wireless connected to the dev kits for security reasons. We will be testing the retail versions this week to try and pin it down.

Would be great if you can nail down online gameplay, with both wireline & wireless connectivity, coz majority of the folks will have a wifi connectivity on their console.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Would be great if you can nail down online gameplay, with both wireline & wireless connectivity, coz majority of the folks will have a wifi connectivity on their console.

It's our major focus from tomorrow for the rest of the week, I'm not happy that we missed the wifi issue.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Now You just need to tell me why me and my friend can see the games that each other has created online , but are unable to join it. We can join other people`s games . Please assist :)

arjwiz

Associate Captain
It's our major focus from tomorrow for the rest of the week, I'm not happy that we missed the wifi issue.

Can you confirm if the auto-forfeit (happened after roughly 3 forfeit offers) is a feature or a bug, and if this will be fixed? We have halted our Online Ranji League until we get clarification on this point.

If it's a bug, then hopefully it can be avoided or it won't recurr. If it's a feature, then we have to wait until the feature is removed/corrected in the next patch before the tournament can commence.

imhassan

Club Captain
I can do a video recording the next time I play online to show the issues i see.

christy_lenin

Club Captain
Now You just need to tell me why me and my friend can see the games that each other has created online , but are unable to join it. We can join other people`s games . Please assist :)

did you get any alert like "unable to join session" ? i got this alert few times but don't know the cause

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Yes Christi , this is exactly what I was getting each time I tried to join my Friends game . Then went to disable my Media Centre , re-set my Wireless settings , tried again and now we can connect to each others games. So has do be something with the Media Centre , I really did not do anything else . BTW , I`m also on a WI-Fi Connection .

Really hope that Patch No. 2 adresses all the Online Bugs , because there are alot of them . Play is really different vs. offline .

Users who are viewing this thread