Discussion Online Play General Discussion

Harry1210

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Thinking of buying this to play online on the Xbox what are everyone's verdicts on online play ?

FNK

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
People now disconnect when losing an online match. Ross this tends to happen quite often especially against player who are really good and piss the opponent because of this. The one who drops the internet connection should get a loss or the other player should get two options save or to accept win. Please look into this, its killing the online fun.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Again, comes back to selecting the "right" people to play online games with you. There are assholes in any gaming community that ruin the fun. Start games with people you know, on your friends list or the folks on PlanetCricket with their PS3 usernames visible, that way if they constantly "disconnect" you think they are doing it to get around losing the game legitimately you contact them here on the forum or name n' shame them...

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Agreed @Biggs - Cricket even more so than other games, it's too long a game to allow "randoms" to kill it.

If we knew who disconnected then we would be able to do something, there is unfortunately no way for us to 100% know if someone pulled a plug on purpose or started a torrent to make things lag etc...

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Again, comes back to selecting the "right" people to play online games with you. There are assholes in any gaming community that ruin the fun. Start games with people you know, on your friends list or the folks on PlanetCricket with their PS3 usernames visible, that way if they constantly "disconnect" you think they are doing it to get around losing the game legitimately you contact them here on the forum or name n' shame them...

It makes 100 % sense what you are saying Biggs. There`s just a couple of problems at the moment with this proposal.

1. There is not a huge list of Games on the Online Custom matches. I`ve only ever seen 2 listed at most , mostly its a barren affair , so the first one that comes along , we jump on the wagon , just too gratefull to finally get a game going after hitting the triangle button for 10 minutes.

2. Ive gone the route of sending friend requests to about 30 guys on the PSN list on this website , but most havent accepted it yet , or have accepted , but couldnt be arsed to arrange a match. And thats you included :)

3. As soon as the critical mass is reached where we can afford to be picky who we play against , then it will certainly become easier to avoid the players with the AI of a fly , that just bowls yorkers the whole day etc. etc.

imhassan

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Agreed @Biggs - Cricket even more so than other games, it's too long a game to allow "randoms" to kill it.

If we knew who disconnected then we would be able to do something, there is unfortunately no way for us to 100% know if someone pulled a plug on purpose or started a torrent to make things lag etc...

How about a League Of Legends like system where you can rate the other player after an online match? This way you know which players are more reliable than others when choosing who to play against.

Also, a bit harsh, but the LoL ban system for quitting matches is also very good in practice.

Last edited:

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
How about a League Of Legends like system where you can rate the other player after an online match? This way you know which players are more reliable than others when choosing who to play against.

Yea or like stats showing matches played, matches completed, matches that user left etc.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ive gone the route of sending friend requests to about 30 guys on the PSN list on this website...

Whore...

...but seriously, maybe just play matches with folks you know on here, get a group together or whatever. I still haven't managed to get a game with @barmyarmy yet, but that's mostly due to time differences. It'll happen, but honestly if you're wanting to play a LOT of online-based games, then you're going to get more quitters than say, someone like me who doesn't really give a faff about the online stuff. Law of averages...

All I would say is spamming folks with friend-requests or whatever prolly isn't the way to go about it. If I was wanting to play online matches, I'd just PM a few folks I knew and set up some time that suited both of us to get a match going.

Courteous, basically.

If you're just wanting to play whomever, whenever, then you're unlikely to hit a ratio of folks who want to play fair that's going to be in a "good bastard" column.

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
Played the MOST intense match ever:D I was West Indies and he was Highveld Lions. He batted first and I ***** him completely! Narine picked up 5 as he was bowled out for 38. Then came his fricken piss bowling... First off he had 3 non real players... Probably max attributes. Anyway this guy would bowl as slow as he could on my stumps for every ball in the same line. I crumbled under this cheap tactic. Russell managed to block out NEIL MCKENZIE and his made player (Opening Bowlers) but he got out for 0. Narine and Sammy managed a small partnership when his other made player and Phangiso bowled. Then Narine got lbw. Also this guy was bowling it wide of off stump for Phangiso and on my legs for his made player, and then he would put everyone there so I couldn't get any runs. Well now I'm 7/8 and in comes Badree who smashes a 4! Him and Sammy get another partnership until Sammy is run out (Went to square leg but camera didn't change so I couldn't see but I still ran...) for 6 I think. In comes Santioke. Also Tahir now comes in to bowl. I need 16 runs off 2 overs. This is how it went. Santioke faces and picks up 1, Bom Bom Badree hits 2 4s in a row. Pushes it to Long on for 2. 5 needed and guess what happens!!!!

ITS A SIX OVER LONG ON!!! I BEAT THE CHEATING SON OF A B**** BY 1 WICKET!!!

Still shaking after that :D

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
Sounds like good bowling to me... Also online has normalised stats I think. You can't make super players.

Yea but it ruins the fun imagine if Steyn ran in and bowled 80 kph half volleys. Also I didn't know about normalizing stats but most likely those players were good!

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Yea but it ruins the fun imagine if Steyn ran in and bowled 80 kph half volleys. Also I didn't know about normalizing stats but most likely those players were good!

It ruins the fun if you can't hit it but if you get some practice then next time someone does that you can cart them out the ground. I find the slower ball bouncer very effective online but I don't see using it occasionally as an exploit.

Markkkkk

Profile Flag
South Africa
It ruins the fun if you can't hit it but if you get some practice then next time someone does that you can cart them out the ground. I find the slower ball bouncer very effective online but I don't see using it occasionally as an exploit.

That's what I thought after the game and I also use slower ball bouncers but the thing is I don't bowl every ball there!

Users who are viewing this thread