Online thread

EarlCG

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Was he hosting? It's possible he set the weather to "overcast" and used a ground which is conducive to swing (i.e. Lords, Headingly or Auckland) - if you haven't used these settings before they may be quite different to what you're used too.

rocky_g

International Cricketer
Guys,

Maybe i'm missing something obvious, but I played online the other night and the opponent was getting immense swing (in and out), i'm talking where the ball moves accross 2 ft in the air !!.
When I play against the AI I can never generate swing like this....what am I missing ? Or was that person taking some kind of advantage ?

May be he was moving the cursor.:spy

Wrong un

School Cricketer
May be he was moving the cursor.:spy

Well done Sherlock :laugh

My point is, how is he doing it ? Give me an idiots guide because once I have pressed my 'bowling action' button (for the second time), that cursor ain't moving !!

shirazu

Club Cricketer
Lag and fast bowlers

I just played a guy online who bowled at the stumps every time with fast bowlers, never varying his pace. He (or I?) lagged pretty bad so the ball would hang in the bowler's hand before being delivered, which made it pretty much impossible to time the shot since you have to hit the button pretty much right after the ball leaves the hand against fast bowlers. However he didn't lag every time, so if you tried to time the lag which you thought was coming, you would get bowled by the ball that would be delivered immediately from the hand with no lag.
I ended up getting bowled out for like 10 or something which was pretty sick. However, probably 2/3 of the wickets I lose online are to this exact same phenomenon to the point that I just try and play out the overs against fast bowlers if the person in question lags. Of course picking all fast bowlers means you can't do this. Basically it ruins the game - it is humanly impossible to react fast enough to time the ball against this.
Note that slower balls also own people in a similar way but the difference in timing is not as big, so I recognize them as a legitimate part of the game. Also, against anything but fast bowlers you can just wait for the ball to leave the hand, but it is impossible here.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
We can only hope the possible patch Codemaster's are coming up with fixes this. For now play with guys nearer to your area or just quit.

irfanmayani

School Cricketer
Performance of the Game in Online Mode

Have been having trouble in playing the game online. The game is not running smooth at all , when the opponent bowls , the ball sort of gets stucks in the air and comes to you all of a sudden in a direction that can not be judged.

Have a 1 mbps connection. and games like Fifa 09 with far superior graphics run smooth on it online.
The PC i am using is fully loaded and also with a new geforce card.

Why is the game's perfomance so bad when playing online

EarlCG

Club Cricketer
It depends on your opponents connection speed as much as yours, plus geographical distance. With Fifa (a game with a far larger player pool to start) you're less likely to be playing against people in India and Australia (or UK if you're in Oz yourself). Both countries telecommunications networks are hit and miss and the additional geographical distance the data has to travel has an effect as well.

Having said that, I'm confident that Transmission are looking at improving this in the forthcoming patch though.

bad_till_bones

Club Cricketer
Have been having trouble in playing the game online. The game is not running smooth at all , when the opponent bowls , the ball sort of gets stucks in the air and comes to you all of a sudden in a direction that can not be judged.

Have a 1 mbps connection. and games like Fifa 09 with far superior graphics run smooth on it online.
The PC i am using is fully loaded and also with a new geforce card.

Why is the game's perfomance so bad when playing online
Mate, are you experiencing this online lag off late? Say, from last 1 or 2 days.

Coz. this is what I am experiencing from last 2 days :doh

sanu55

Club Cricketer
online play

is there a way to save line-ups and field settings for online play?

jamershepp

School Cricketer
hello anyone who wants a game on ac09 at anytime just message back on here when ready and ill come online ive not got that much expierience online but i never quit play full games all the time and no quitters waste time playing me please lol
Ill play anything test,odi,20 20 im up for anything at anytime cool cool:D

Platfrom:Xbox 360

Gamertag:jamershepp

message me back on here when you wanna play, add me and invite me.

mixz0r

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Playing Online - Stumping?

Hi all. I'm new to this forum (and any forum for that matter). I have had a look around and can't find any info on this, so am hoping someone here can help me, or point me in the right direction.

When playing online (with horrible lag I might add), what is the deal with stumping? Many times my bowler or keeper received the ball while the batsmen were still running and nothing happened! Is there a way to stump them? I assumed it would be automatic like when playing the AI.

Cheers.

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
Hi all. I'm new to this forum (and any forum for that matter). I have had a look around and can't find any info on this, so am hoping someone here can help me, or point me in the right direction.

When playing online (with horrible lag I might add), what is the deal with stumping? Many times my bowler or keeper received the ball while the batsmen were still running and nothing happened! Is there a way to stump them? I assumed it would be automatic like when playing the AI.

Cheers.

Theres no way to stump them. Your animation is probably lagging, your opponent is probably already back in the crease.

Users who are viewing this thread