Out or Not Out?

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I wanted to start a thread for some new short videos I've been grabbing of LBW decisions.

Umpires have it tough, and people always think they can do better. I figured I'd roll out some clips of LBW decisions I've seen in game so that people can have their say on them and comment with their thoughts/answers. Hopefully people will add their own clips as well, that'd be cool!

I find I'm terrible at reviewing in game. Watching on TV I'm pretty solid, so maybe it's the camera angle or just the way that player models move in Cricket 22, but I find so often I challenge shockers, and then do nothing when it would have been out!

So here's the first, and pipe up with a reply below.

Anyone else got any good decisions they want to share?

Oh, and I checked this one with Mr @Ed Smith himself. He gave it his approval, so if that's not a reason to get involved, I don't know what is....

AnmolJ

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
I make similar shorts for my channel.
You can mute and watch it as it’s in Hindi.
This one got 150k plus views!

Ken Tremendous

County Cricketer

Going down leg on the flight angle for me, missing the stumps by maybe half a ball.
Post automatically merged:

That said ive just re-run it a few times and it might have been hitting leg half way up :lol

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England

I'm starting to find the give away on Cricket 22 is the keeper. He takes a big step to leg on your video, so I reckon missing down leg.

150k views is pretty good going. If you want to comment on a few videos of mine, feel free haha

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
I wanted to start a thread for some new short videos I've been grabbing of LBW decisions.

Umpires have it tough, and people always think they can do better. I figured I'd roll out some clips of LBW decisions I've seen in game so that people can have their say on them and comment with their thoughts/answers. Hopefully people will add their own clips as well, that'd be cool!

I find I'm terrible at reviewing in game. Watching on TV I'm pretty solid, so maybe it's the camera angle or just the way that player models move in Cricket 22, but I find so often I challenge shockers, and then do nothing when it would have been out!

So here's the first, and pipe up with a reply below.

Anyone else got any good decisions they want to share?

Oh, and I checked this one with Mr @Ed Smith himself. He gave it his approval, so if that's not a reason to get involved, I don't know what is....
We need to know the pitch conditions? Hard etc? I think that looked like going over the top

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
We need to know the pitch conditions? Hard etc? I think that looked like going over the top
I can tell you exactly how the pitch is, as this is from the 1st test of my written series!

"Hard, with some grass in places. There’s a few early cracks due to the recent high temperatures. Looks likely to provide an even early contest between bat and ball before wear takes effect."

But you're right, too high. I think the issue I have, again could be camera related, is I struggle sometimes to see at what point the ball makes contact with the pad. I've had ones where I think it's plum, but then I watch the replay and the ball has hit the top of the pad as the batter bends, and not the middle of the pad itself.

That top of the pad is usually stuck way outside the line, and then I review and look like a chump :facepalm

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I can tell you exactly how the pitch is, as this is from the 1st test of my written series!

"Hard, with some grass in places. There’s a few early cracks due to the recent high temperatures. Looks likely to provide an even early contest between bat and ball before wear takes effect."

But you're right, too high. I think the issue I have, again could be camera related, is I struggle sometimes to see at what point the ball makes contact with the pad. I've had ones where I think it's plum, but then I watch the replay and the ball has hit the top of the pad as the batter bends, and not the middle of the pad itself.

That top of the pad is usually stuck way outside the line, and then I review and look like a chump :facepalm
This is a perfect example of what I mean. Bent leg makes the top of the pad stick out, and then it's hard to see where contact is made.

Anyway, have at it! #2 in the series

Users who are viewing this thread