Out or Not Out?

MuchMore

International Coach
Profile Flag
Fiji
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I find I'm terrible at reviewing in game. Watching on TV I'm pretty solid, so maybe it's the camera angle or just the way that player models move in Cricket 22, but I find so often I challenge shockers, and then do nothing when it would have been out!
It's not the camera angle or the player model. The difference is when you are watching on TV, you are a viewer, you are objective. In the game however, you are a bowler - and to a bowler, everything looks out. If it hits the pads, its out. If you disagree, a certain Mr Broad is not going to be impressed by your take on the issue.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
It's not the camera angle or the player model. The difference is when you are watching on TV, you are a viewer, you are objective. In the game however, you are a bowler - and to a bowler, everything looks out. If it hits the pads, its out. If you disagree, a certain Mr Broad is not going to be impressed by your take on the issue.
This is probably very accurate. Knowing there's sliders that dictate how accurate or not accurate umpires are as well, every decision immediately creates some doubt that the game has given you a bad decision.

Is this the one? Does it need reviewing?

Bah! It gets in my head! :lol

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Was raising the finger with this one and even now I know the outcome I still think I’m right haha I watched it back and paused it when the ball hits the pad and it just looks like it’s out
Do we have a Hawkeye controversy? Is this India South Africa all over again?! :D

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Here's another instalment, apologies for the wait. I've got another 3 or 4 saved up now as well, which I'll drop as soon as I reach the same point in my story write up.

Ed Smith

Gaffer
ENG....
Northern Superchargers
The Boys
Profile Flag
England
Here's another instalment, apologies for the wait. I've got another 3 or 4 saved up now as well, which I'll drop as soon as I reach the same point in my story write up.

In the interim. Have a bash at this. I'm not convinced you'll know come the end of the video like :laughter:

Users who are viewing this thread