4. :wi: :bat: John Holt
5. :aus: :bat: Brad Hodge
6. :zim: :wkb: Dave Houghton
7. :nzf: :ar: Colin de Grandhomme
8. :wi: :bwl: Hines Johnson
9. :aus: :bwl: Colin Miller
10. :aus: :bwl: Stuart Clark
11. :pak: :bwl: Saeed Ajmal

I'm not exactly sure what's going on at the moment, but I can see a while bunch of completed teams flying around the place. As a result, I'm going to just post my last two picks and hope it's okay...

HH_Johnson_1950.jpg

:wi: :bwl:
HINES JOHNSON
So who was Hines Johnson? Well, for one thing, he was one of the best-named cricketers there's ever been. His full name was: Hophnie Hobah Hines Johnson, so he is the real Triple H (and the famous wrestler is just some sort of pretender). Johnson made his first-class debut at the age of 24, but incredibly didn't make his Test debut for nearly another fourteen years despite performing decently for Jamaica in a time when Test caps were handed out like trick-or-treat sweets. But when the 37-year-old fast bowler did make his debt, it furnished him with a brace of five-wicket hauls. His last two Tests as he neared his fifth decade weren't quite as fruitful, but he remained economical (1.8 runs per over) and finished with a career average of 18.30.

JohnHoltEarly.jpg

:wi: :bat: JOHN HOLT
Another long-overlooked Jamaican, John Holt spent eight years rattling out runs for his island side. Finally, at the age of 30, this warranted selection for the full West Indies team who preferred to utilise him as an opening batsman or number three. However, I've chosen to slot him in at number four, a position that I don't doubt he scored runs in for Jamaica. He managed two Test centuries and an average of 36.75, but it could have been more if not for a debut LBW decision so bad that it sparked an actual riot.

All in all, I feel like this is a pretty balanced team. Maybe slightly bowling-heavy, but this furnishes it with options for all kinds of conditions. Our seam attack (Clark, Johnson and Bigman, with Grace in favourable conditions) is skilled and varied, while our spin attack (Ajmal and Miller with Steele in favourable conditions) is perhaps lacking a wrist-spinner but certainly doesn't lack skill.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Kevin Arnott, the first Zimbabwean to face a ball in Test cricket, ened up with an average of 43, a fifty and an unbeaten hundred.
Travis Dowlin of the West Indies, who was thrust into the team due to a player strike, and ended up doing decently, averaging 31 with a top score of 95.

Undisputed Era

1. :wi: Travis Dowlin :bat:
2. :zim: Kevin Arnott :bat:
3. :saf: Pieter van der Bijl :bat:
4. :aus: Jack Ryder :ar: :c:
5. :aus: Mike Hussey :bat:
6. :eng: Basil D'Oliveira :ar:
7. :saf: David Richardson :wkb:
8. :aus: Clarrie Grimmett :bwl:
9. :wi: Herman Griffith :bwl:
10. :eng: Bob Appleyard :bwl:
11. :eng: Dick Barlow :bwl: