Pakistan in England/Scotland 2006

Who are your men of the series? (select one from each team)

• Total voters

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
barmyarmy said:
Once we go 5 down you really start to expect the next 5 to follow quickly. Jones isn't performing at 7, Plunkett looks way out of his depth at 8, Hoggard can stick around but is limited and Harmison and Panesar are good for entertainment but you never expect them to last long. Add that to the fact that Bell is at 6 for this game and usually gets either 0 or 50! Had Pakistan held their catches and had some close decisions go their way England could have been struggling to get 250.
That said credit to the team for a great performance and lets hope we can keep it up in the series.

Yeah, i'm very impressed with this performance so far, especially considering how much of a nightmare the ODI's were.

Chimp132

International Cricketer
i hope pakistan get loads of runs 2mura, because i wanna see england playin on sunday coz thts when im going to lords lol

i wanna c england bat lol

but looks like it could be over tomurrow though :(

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
over tomorrow ? are u kidding me ?

Im really looking forward to Pak's batting tomorrow..I wanna see if we still have that comeback ability that has helped us in the past year or so..

ali_ed2001 said:
Well for most of the Pakistani batsman its like first time in english conditions..
players like farhat and butt will struggle against Hoggard, Faisal Iqbal and Kamran Akmal also playing for the first time in English conditions..
its really on Inzi, Yousuf, and a little bit Razzaq
and you cant trust Afridi to deliver..

England have 2 very good frontline bowlers in Hoggard and Harmison, backed up by Monty, so they are pretty strong right now.

Vaas has always done pretty good in lower order....only tailender England might have trouble against is Sami, who can bat a bit.

I knew it was gonna happen :(

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
This is the England that won the Ashes. Very dominant display today. Pakistan still do have their 2 key batsmen so they still have hope, but winning this game is out of their reach after the total England made.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
aussie1st said:
This is the England that won the Ashes. Very dominant display today. Pakistan still do have their 2 key batsmen so they still have hope, but winning this game is out of their reach after the total England made.

This is also the England that started so well against Sri Lanka. We need to ensure we retain our killer instinct from the Ashes and don't let Pakistan off the hook in the same way we let SL off.

irottev

School Cricketer
England are miles in frount here.

Pakistan only have themselves in the field to blame. Maybe the odd umpiring decision also, but they happen. The fact is, Pakistan could have forced it by taking their catches. I wasn't too impressed by Inzamams captaincy either in terms of bowler rotations and fields, as was also pointed out by the commentary team.

Nice batting from Collingwood, Cook and Bell. But if I were an English supporter, I wouldn't get too excited yet. Lets see how the rest of the test and series pans out. There is still work to be done before the ashes.

3 quick wickets from Harmison and Plunkett really are extremly handy.

Still a lot of batting to come. Inzamam will be difficult to get out and Afridi can turn a large total into something easily managable if he bats for a session.

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
irottev said:
Still a lot of batting to come. Inzamam will be difficult to get out and Afridi can turn a large total into something easily managable if he bats for a session.

We only need him for half of a session. :p

Chimp132

International Cricketer
one of the chants that some of the english teenagers started chanting was "pakistan , you suck c.k" this chant really anoyed me, the teenagers were sitting right under the media center, it was just really dis respectful, maybe do a few chants to the aussies, but thats what the aussies would expect and the english expect some of those chants when they go to australia. but a small amount english fans chanting that to pakistan players is just out of order in my opinion

kodos

International Coach
It happens everywhere mate, England, India, Australia.

Fine innings by Bell, really putting pressure on the selectors when Flintoff returns, but do expect him to make way and he knows it himself. Collingwood's catch was an absolute ripper. Has to be up there with one of the greats. Harmison bowled pretty well and is back to his old ways of bowling fast and using his height to his advantage.

Not out of it yet Pakistan, Yousuf who looks pretty good so far and is one of the best batsmans against spin, Inzi who is a real class act, Afridi who can be very dangerous in these situations where he can easily build a handy 50 or so, Abdul who can always stick around and make a decent innings and Akmal who has been on fine form.

barmyarmy said:
Once we go 5 down you really start to expect the next 5 to follow quickly. Jones isn't performing at 7, Plunkett looks way out of his depth at 8, Hoggard can stick around but is limited and Harmison and Panesar are good for entertainment but you never expect them to last long. Add that to the fact that Bell is at 6 for this game and usually gets either 0 or 50! Had Pakistan held their catches and had some close decisions go their way England could have been struggling to get 250.
That said credit to the team for a great performance and lets hope we can keep it up in the series.

Agreed, but same occured to Australia against SA in the home test series. SA consistently dropped catches in vital stages of the Australian innings and could of dismissed them cheaply every innings. What makes Aus and now England in this match the best team in the world is that they make these mistakes pay heavily.

Last edited:

s2sschan

Club Cricketer
Chimp123 said:
one of the chants that some of the english teenagers started chanting was "pakistan , you suck c.k" this chant really anoyed me, the teenagers were sitting right under the media center, it was just really dis respectful, maybe do a few chants to the aussies, but thats what the aussies would expect and the english expect some of those chants when they go to australia. but a small amount english fans chanting that to pakistan players is just out of order in my opinion

This should not be allowed anywhere in the world.
I was enraged when some idiots in my hometown Bombay were chanting "Flintoff is a Blastaard".

a1nasar

School Cricketer
May Be The Hopes Of Rain To Pakistan Becoz He Can Lose Massively Runs.
But Pakistan Try To Avoid Follow On And Bowled Out England Quickly And A Chance To Pakistan To Win This Test.if Sami Scores 40-50 Than Pakistan Avoid The Follow On Quite Easily........

Pak_cricketer said:
He showed great form in the 10/10 game. PLus he is more consistent then ever.
YES U R RIGHT WE NEED ONLY HALF AN HOUR BUT IF AFRIDI PLAY MORE THAN TWO HOURS THAN HE CAN SCORE HIS FIRST DOUBLE CENTURY AND PAKISTAN SCORES NEAR ENGLAND TOTAL......

Have A Nice Day To All The Members And Guests.

evertonfan

Chairman of Selectors
What a start for England this morning; An absolute beauty from Hoggard and Sami has gone early!

Oh no....Inzi really is at the crease now!

*runs away in fear*

aitzaz

Club Cricketer
Inzi and M.Yousaf are last hope for Pakistan... i hope he carries on ....to me if england get one of this wicket then they will make pakistan suffer follow on

Users who are viewing this thread