Pakistan in England/Scotland 2006

Who are your men of the series? (select one from each team)

• Total voters

irottev

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I think analysis on whether a bowler is chucking or not needs to be analysed after the match rather than at that point.

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
valvolux said:
The doctored artificially thing should not be a matter of judgement....it needs to be based on hard evidence. Unfortunately for me my local nets are cheap and nasty - artificial green surface laid out on concrete. Miss the pitch (as I often do when tying to figure out how Murali bowls a doosra without chucking it) and it hits the concrete, leaving a mark very similar to what was found on the ball. Did Hair not notice that KP was taking Danish to the cleaners including some big sixes? If my bowling at about 20kph can take a chunk out of the ball, surely a creamed KP six into the stands can do the same. Did you see Hair scrutinising the english fielders in between deliveries like he was the Pakis? Is Fletcher allowed to make any suggestions to the umpire? Did any umpires take any notice when the Australians asked the umpires to question players why they were leaving the field for no apparent reason? Is there a bit of bias in the motherland?

Ill repeat what I have said many times. We have worked out that the ball condition must have changed between Cooks dismissal and the umpires checking the ball. During that time there were no sixes hit and I think 1 four was hit.

Eddie

International Cricketer
Ill repeat what I have said many times. We have worked out that the ball condition must have changed between Cooks dismissal and the umpires checking the ball. During that time there were no sixes hit and I think 1 four was hit.

i already posted this..but will do again..

Tine from Cook dismissal to ball change = 4 overs

thats 24 balls:

19 dot balls
4 scoring shots (not 4 or 6)
1 four thru covers

Of those 19 dot balls..most were PADDED AWAY to the leg spinner

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Well, that was worked out by the Sky commentary team, I believe, and assumes that Darrell Hair was following his duties to perfection. Although unlikely, he may have missed any change in condition of the ball earlier, or before being alerted to a possibility in the same happening.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
DoctorJustCause said:
Kid, this article is fake. Can''t imagine how children come to cricket forums !!!

It may be fake but it's still being carried by 4 seperate sites atm and is legitimate news imo.

The Spin

Panel of Selectors
Eddie said:
i already posted this..but will do again..

Tine from Cook dismissal to ball change = 4 overs

thats 24 balls:

19 dot balls
4 scoring shots (not 4 or 6)
1 four thru covers

Of those 19 dot balls..most were PADDED AWAY to the leg spinner

Thanks for that :)

As you can see, no chunks could be taken out of the ball hitting concrete

irottev

School Cricketer
No chunk was taken off the ball to my knowledge. The seam and leather were just badly ruffed up and scratched.

The fact of the matter is, innocent until proven guilty and if the ball was tampered with, then it would have been caught somehow on tape or camera.

It is possible they missed it during the wicket break. Unlikly though I agree. It was possibly Doctrove who had it at that point. Who knows. Ill take a watch and see again. Another unlikly scenario is that perhaps it was a different ball somehow? Maybe from a crowd member or one lyring behind something from the practices Who knows.

You see, this is only going to get worse. The ICC need to sort this **** out because ther eis no way in hell Pakistan are going to play a match with Hair in it.

Last edited:

Eddie

International Cricketer
As far as I am aware..the ICC have said Pakistan can NOT choose who can and can't umpire their games..

So if the refuse to play, in games where Hair is officiating, then they'll be forfeiting them too...

Then there will be disrepute charges...etc..and we go in circles..

irottev

School Cricketer
Yeah good point. But its going to get messy and the ICC can't afford for Pakistan to forfiet matches.

Who knows what will happen. I guess we have to wait for more news on the matter.

valvolux

Club Cricketer
The Spin said:

OK..apologies...I guess that point becomes completely void :D

It seems even some poms share my view about england's double standards. Angus Fraser from the independent:

"When Waqar and Wasim were ripping out Test sides with an array of unplayable inswinging yorkers, the antennae of those on the receiving end suddenly perked up, and underhand tactics were deemed to be taking place. And it was the same at the weekend when Alastair Cook was flummoxed by a similar style of delivery from the Pakistan seamer Umar Gul.

Yet in 2005, when Andrew Flintoff and Simon Jones were knocking over Australia's Ricky Ponting and Adam Gilchrist, barely an eyebrow was raised. The consensus was that England's brave young boys had legitimately perfected this mysterious art and the ageing Aussies were not up to it."

Perhaps Atherton merely gave England the "dirt" on how to reverse swing.

D

Deleted member 11215

The Daily Mail today reports that it was duncan fletcher who originally suspected pakistan of it after england getting out for 173 aroused suspicions within the team. They Also claim that it may od been Asif as he has already got a severe warning in county cricket

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I was listening to the radio and someone emailed in and said

"Chetaing is when you don't walk when you've nicked it,Cheating is when the slips appeal for a catch when the ball hasn't touched the bat!What's the difference in that from this???They are all ways of cheating"

I think that's a very good point!

Users who are viewing this thread