Pakistan in Sri Lanka - Jul-Aug 2009

angryangy

ICC Chairman
It would have to be seaming a lot for a captain to bowl himself like that and then get wickets. On paper it looks like Sri Lanka threw away a lot of starts, but I would imagine some good seam bowling would get quite a few guys out for less than 30.

aditya123

National Board President
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Pakistan could easily have been 3 down by now. Younis looked plumb in front to me.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Pakistan could easily have been 3 down by now. Younis looked plumb in front to me.
Ah well, we should have had plenty of decisions in our favor today, and didn't get them.

zMario added 1 Minutes and 44 Seconds later...

Abdur Rauf batting better than Manzoor and Butt.

Embarassing.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
You guys should have taken all of your chances too, that might have helped ;)

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Only missed 2, one was a real half-chance.

The new dude who scored 70 odd edged it in between 3rd slip and gully while around 20, and Jayawardene should have been out caught behind for 0 but made 39.

Although the new guy should have been out again on about 30.

One more over to go :(

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Tense final over, should Sri Lanka have appealed on that first ball. By the sounds of it cricinfo say it was close?

Insomniac

Title Recipient
Tense final over, should Sri Lanka have appealed on that first ball. By the sounds of it cricinfo say it was close?
It was going to go over the top.

Thank God it's all over. Younus showing our pathetic openers how to dig in when the going gets tough.

Maybe Younus can get another 300? :p

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Well atleast this game will get a result. But it looks as though Sri Lanka have provided a good score.

ali_ed2001

Club Cricketer
This was a very good day's play. Sri Lanka with the advantage as they got rid of the openers quickly. Pakistan somehow need to get around 350 if possible..because chasing will be very difficult here so they need to get as much lead over SL as possible.

ali_ed2001 added 1 Minutes and 25 Seconds later...

I agree. Our fielding once again could cost us the game..Jaya dropped on 0 and scored 30. The new opener I think didn't even have 10 runs when he was dropped in the slips. Poor Aamer, he could possibly have had a 5 wicket haul if not for those mistakes.

DME786

School Cricketer
Bowling out Sri Lanka under 300 on the first day, I would take that any day. It was refreshing to see Ameer do well with the new ball, the batsmen looked clueless at times cause of the in and out swing which he was getting. What really suprised me during the first days play was seeing Younis Khan bowling gentle medium pace which reminded me of Paul Collingwood.

Our opening pair still seems to be a problem., Salman Butt has been consistent failure on picthes and condistions which favour bowlers ( his a flat track bully).

All in all I feel Sri Lanka have the edge after the first days play but only Pakistan can now mess it up for themselves. Hopefully Ruaf can stcik around with Younis in the morning then let Yousuf and co take over. A 150+ plus lead is a must if we want to win this test match.

Raj_Aryan

Club Cricketer
Good bowling by SL,they got 2 wickets before the end of day's play...would be an interesting 2nd day...

nikhil_99

International Coach
Mendis will be the key player on 3rd and 4th day,as the pitch will assist spinners,lets see how Pak tackle him,last time when SL toured Pak,Pak players played well against him...

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Pakistan seem to be going fairly well at the moment, they're 250-5 with Yousuf on 96* in his test comeback. What's the pitch been playing like today?

Users who are viewing this thread