Pakistan vs Sri Lanka in UAE Oct-Nov 2011/12

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Wahab Riaz can reverse it. So can Umar Gul but he is usually crap in tests. Pakistan will likely go in with Tanveer Ahmed, Wahab Riaz, Rehman and Ajmal as main bowlers with Hafeez to back them up. Its about time we find a fast bowling all rounder.

Anjula

Club Captain
What will be really interesting to see is going to the T20 Series.
Everyone saw what we did to Australians,
But,
Can you ask for a better hitter of the ball than Shahid Afridi.

Last edited:

Addy

National Board President
Well it's really pathetic move to drop Tanvir Ahmed, he's indeed a decent seamer and can contribute with bat as good as Bresnan.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
WoW,
Did Pakistan Picked Ajantha Mendis That Evan Australians Can't,
I got to say that Pakistani Batting is Excellent,
No Murali will be a let down,
But Watch Out for Shaminda Eranga,
He is a Man in form.

Stop making fun of yourself. Australians are at the moment worst to play against any kind of spin. Whatever is Pakistan's batting they are one the strongest against spinners.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
I cannot begin to comment on Anjulas post, but I'd point out S2Y, that our batting is definitely not the strongest against spin. Swann ripped us whenever he got the chance in England, and the marks left by Herath in our last trip to Lanka should not be forgotten.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
I just realized Tanveer Ahmed is dropped for reason known only to our pathetic board. I hope they do not play Umar Gul though. One Fast Bowlers spot is up for grabs for either of Junaid or Cheema. I have also heard Sarfraz Ahmed has been summoned to the training camp. I hope that skunk Adnan Akmal is dropped.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I cannot begin to comment on Anjulas post, but I'd point out S2Y, that our batting is definitely not the strongest against spin. Swann ripped us whenever he got the chance in England, and the marks left by Herath in our last trip to Lanka should not be forgotten.
Even Marcus North was able to clean up. What are the chances that Pakistan keep all the recognised bowlers out and then collapse trying to slog Dilshan?

aayush93

Club Cricketer
WoW,
Did Pakistan Picked Ajantha Mendis That Evan Australians Can't,
I got to say that Pakistani Batting is Excellent,
No Murali will be a let down,
But Watch Out for Shaminda Eranga,
He is a Man in form.

----------

No Way,
We are weak in Tests,
No Murali , No Malinga
I think Pakistan will win the Test series.
But I cannot Say for sure because Shaminda Eranga,
That guy realy impressed me.
Our Batting Is Stong But Bowling is Weak,
But I'm Pretty sure we will win the ODI Series.

Mate India and Pakistan Plays Mendis better than anybody else.. Yes mendis did trouble when he was new, but after playing few tests and ODI he is no longer a threat.

If u don't believe me just check out Stats of mendis VS india or pakistan in last 2 years..

Malinga Will surely rip apart many batsman of Pakistan with his yorker when its start reversing. To play malinga you need left hand batsman which pakistan don't have.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan

It is one of the strongest against spin at the moment and other teams ar just Srilanka and India who can play spin better. Just one or two matches are not enough to bring your reputation down to nil against spin. Swan wasn't ripping us but it was some horrible selection of shots. Herath did bowl perfectly but you can't compare him with Mendis. Every srilankan bowler is "geat" in srilanka but one have to watch their overall performance and for that matter mendis is one of the weakest bowler that srilanka can have when they have loads of good spinners.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
It is one of the strongest against spin at the moment and other teams ar just Srilanka and India who can play spin better. Just one or two matches are not enough to bring your reputation down to nil against spin. Swan wasn't ripping us but it was some horrible selection of shots. Herath did bowl perfectly but you can't compare him with Mendis. Every srilankan bowler is "geat" in srilanka but one have to watch their overall performance and for that matter mendis is one of the weakest bowler that srilanka can have when they have loads of good spinners.

I am not saying Pakistan are the weakest side playing spin, but definitely not the strongest. Swann, a world class bowler was lethal against Pakistan in last years tour. It was just that Anderson had such a superb series, that people put Swanns performance as mere ordinary.

Pakistan have an ageing problem against left-arm spinners as Herath showed when we toured Sri Lanka. Mendis is ordinary, we should be able to tackle him. You have to look at Bishoo and even ordinary spinners like Hauritz.

You could point out its due to our disastrous batting, but isnt that the same thing as our batsmen not playing spin as well as the rest?

We have done progressively better in the past year against Vettori, Harris etc, and this Misbah led team looks much better, but dont count out Herath as the major threat in the TESTs.

In spin playing rankings, I would Pakistan behind India, Sri Lanka, South Africa and Australia.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
Pakistan are good against off spin. Left Arm orthodox is what our batsmen fail at playing. Herath is the biggest threat for us in this series. Mark my words.

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I can see what you mean; they don't really score off left arm orthodox and get themselves into bother, but they do keep it out. They might hit more fours against offies, but that can lead to ambitiousness. Some of Pakistan's most atrocious innings in recent memory have been delivered to off spinners.

Aoun13

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
Pakistan
I am not saying Pakistan are the weakest side playing spin, but definitely not the strongest. Swann, a world class bowler was lethal against Pakistan in last years tour. It was just that Anderson had such a superb series, that people put Swanns performance as mere ordinary.

Pakistan have an ageing problem against left-arm spinners as Herath showed when we toured Sri Lanka. Mendis is ordinary, we should be able to tackle him. You have to look at Bishoo and even ordinary spinners like Hauritz.

You could point out its due to our disastrous batting, but isnt that the same thing as our batsmen not playing spin as well as the rest?

We have done progressively better in the past year against Vettori, Harris etc, and this Misbah led team looks much better, but dont count out Herath as the major threat in the TESTs.

In spin playing rankings, I would Pakistan behind India, Sri Lanka, South Africa and Australia.

Behind Australia is pretty odd becuase even England bat better against spin then Aussies. South Africa is pretty good. Younis, Misbah, Hafeez, Umar are some pretty strong spin players so I guess except Herath it will not a difficult task to contain Srilankan spinners on UAE pitches. Herath might not be as effective as he is in Srilanka only due to batting friendly pitches.

Rehan_24

Panel of Selectors
Lankans should be an easy pick for Pakistan Team. Our team is strong almost in every department. However, anything can happen based on the unpredictability of us

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Behind Australia is pretty odd becuase even England bat better against spin then Aussies. South Africa is pretty good. Younis, Misbah, Hafeez, Umar are some pretty strong spin players so I guess except Herath it will not a difficult task to contain Srilankan spinners on UAE pitches. Herath might not be as effective as he is in Srilanka only due to batting friendly pitches.

Well its your opinion. I feel the likes of Watson, Ponting, Clarke, and Hussey can play spin much better than our players (barring Younis and Misbah)

Users who are viewing this thread