Pakistani Openers?

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I still have a problem with this! I have Farhat..But I can't find him a decent partner. I'm using Akmal, and he is doing better than most..

BOONEY

Club Cricketer
i'm playing as australia at the moment and i'm in the 2007-08 season playing against Pakistan. The computer is using Umar and Farhat as their openers

BOONEY

Club Cricketer
well the computer was using him in ODI's
my advice would be when selecting your squad look for the 2 openers with the best averages

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
I dunno If averages work in the selection of players... Mohammad Yousuf is 40 and he is averages 50 in Tests, but he is worthless with the bat now.

BOONEY

Club Cricketer
yeah alot of player ratings aren't very good, Mohammed Yousuf isn't very good in the game but in real life he is one of the best in the world

Insomniac

Title Recipient
For my game for Pakistan openers, I used Mohammad Hafeez and Shoaib Malik at the beginning, but Malik was absolute crap, so I put Farhat there, and put Malik at #5 once Inzy retired / left the game / whatever and then Farhat got out for 30 like every match, so I replaced him with Yasir Hameed. Now I'm in 2012, and Hafeez decided to retire :@

So now, I put Imran Nazir with Yasir Hameed

Its pretty good so far

Afridi isn't a bad choice either for opening the innings, since Hafeez got injured once, and I put Afridi up there to open, and he blasted 167 runs off 89 balls

The Blazer

Club Cricketer
Hameed and Farhat on flat tracks (in ODIs). Set them on two bars below full aggression and watch the pair work wonders! I keep Afridi preserved lower down in the order so he can cause all sorts of havoc in the last few overs of the game.

The Blazer

Club Cricketer
I just started a brand new game in the Ashes Edition. First of all, they've got some serious bugs in the game- Anwar Ali is classified as a batsman (!), Shoaib Malik is a bowler and Mohammad Asif is supposedly an all-rounder!

Like people have already mentioned, Malik is completely useless in both forms of the game. Hafeez isn't any better either. In Tests I'm going for Taufeeq Umar, but still looking for an opening partner for him (Hasan Raza is a prospect). In ODIs I've went for the Hameed/Farhat combination. Both have worked wonders and Farhat in particular can be devastating in Twenty20.

Shehzad Malik is a good contender to be a Test opener; I'm not sure about Butt or Hameed so if you get the chance then give them a go. What I usually do is that after I've secured a series but still have a game to play, I make a few changes and see how any youngsters fare.

Users who are viewing this thread