Patch #2 Must Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gurjot95

National Board President
I think we need a thread where can put our priorities in what must be fixed in next and what could be added. Remember, don't post the issues which you can ignore and move along or suggestions that are not possible to include in short time frame for a patch. Keep this thread only for things which halts your game experience.

I'll keep updating the index with the issues which are more common among users.

Must Fixes
  • Fielder/Bowler/Wicketkeeper reflexes
  • Bowler fatigue
  • Difficulty Balance
  • Bowlers bowling leg side
  • More Edges
  • AI field Settings (including illegal fields during restrictions)
  • AI over-aggressive batting
  • AI Captaincy
  • Cancel Run bug
  • Stumping bug
  • Camera Angles
  • Number of throws to non-striker end after each ball
  • Sweep shot power and range against spinners
  • Injury Animation

Suggestions
  • Semi-Pro Difficulty - a little harder than Armature but easier than Pro. (or a different difficulty levels for batting and bowling)
  • Squad changes throughout career mode for AI team
  • Ability to assign Non Striker/AI to play defensive/attacking/rotate strike/go for draw or win. (But only if you are captain or senior partner i.e having more Batting skills or something like that)
  • More detailed scorecard
  • Editing Preset fields
  • Ability to use custom tournaments in career mode
  • Co-op Mode
  • More Stats (Graphs, Manhattan etc)

PS: I don't have the game yet so this is all I can gain from reading posts from most people.

Last edited:
D

Dutch

AI Captaincy discrepancies. Taking the new ball and then bowling a spinner for example.

Storer11

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Opening the bowling with Usman Khawaja, which has happened to me..

The_Pharoah

International Coach
1. on cancelling a run, the non-striker MUST sprint back to the crease regardless of what you press.
2. Reduce the number of throws at the non strikers end after each ball. Its ridiculous.
3. move the camera (Far behind batsman) to face the bowler rather than static behind - when RH Batsman is facing a LH bowler or around the wicket, the moment the ball is bowled it disappears behind the batsman.

D

Dutch

This is a thread to post wishes for patch 2 not an open invitation to use it as a collection box for all kinds of other things. Thanks.

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Fixing the online gameplay seems important for patch#2 because a lot of the enjoyment of this game is playing human opponents via the 'net.

Career mode is reasonably engrossing, but not really my cup of tea as I don't spend hours before the game station myself.

awsomeDBC

School Cricketer
Must fixes:

1. Stumping bug,
  2. Cancel run but no bat slide,
  3. Online gameplay various bugs :facepalm including ball rolling on the ground but giving caught out, sometimes during bowling i bowled a batsmen n he starts walking n i pressed quickly buttons to skip the cutsceens but suddenly bowler starts bowling next ball to same batsmen as if it was just a missed ball... etc
  4. auto Forfit offer time limit should increase
  5. Forfit counting for wides n No ball during online should be RESET once the bowler bowls legitimate delivery! (current forfit option of 8 wide/no ball is too strict
  6. Must remove the online Black Screen bug which is cause of many uncompleted games, specially when 2 different version of xbox are being used, as @Ross or @BigAntStudios said its related to sound bug n different version of consoles, it Must b removed in patch2 for smooth gaming experience

Wishes:
  1. Batsmen Bowled camera angle should be replaced with BARS lbw camera angle, currently whenever the batsmen is bowled, we are shown the side cam/ runout or stump cam which spoils the fun .. :D
  2. Field settings during Online play only should be act as default for each bowler once set because for each bowler plus each batsmen we have to set field again n again which consumes a lot of time online n batsmen get flusterated moreover auto Forfit comes to action as it is counting time :facepalm and some "mean" players accepts the forfit wins by this even if they are losing badly.

thanks.. love the ONLINE SAVE game option and overall the game is Briliant Bigant! :thumbs

Last edited:

NoLeName

PlanetCricket Writing Team
I know Ross mentioned on the IVG forums prior to release that co-op and the ability to not just replace but actually add competitions to career mode would both be patched in, which would both be welcomed additions from my end.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
These are probably the three most important for me. I can live with the rest:

• Edges to slips and gully.
  • Lower bowler reflexes for straight drives.
  • AI/mindset of partners in career mode.

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Most important to me
  • Bowler fatigue
  • AI batting too aggressive with bad deliveries- should hit more boundaries along ground as opposed to going airborne all the time
  • More edges
  • More bat pads (more edges might fix this)
  • Editing preset felds

Introducing more edges might lead to balancing issues as AI might get out even quicker. If AI went less airborne in longer forms of game this might counter the increase in edges balancing wise

zombieian

International Coach
Most important to me
  • Bowler fatigue
  • AI batting too aggressive with bad deliveries- should hit more boundaries along ground as opposed to going airborne all the time
  • More edges
  • More bat pads (more edges might fix this)
  • Editing preset felds

Introducing more edges might lead to balancing issues as AI might get out even quicker. If AI went less airborne in longer forms of game this might counter the increase in edges balancing wise

My personal view is that if seaming deliveries seam more, and if swinging deliveries swing more, there will be more edges.

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I would want the bowlers getting fatigued fixed which im sure it will do. Another little thing I would want fixed is on the scorecard just to see how many 4s and 6s hit by the batsmen.

kamy100

Associate Captain
As others have already mentioned the overly aggressive AI is the big one for me, they don't take the match situation into account. Hopefully that can be toned down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread