Patch 3 Requests/Wishlist

kushari

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Two snaps from the Patch-3...Played Online Co-Op (02 Online Players against AI) yesterday along with @funnyadit It was an awesome experience..Absolutely No lag..

kGOUHwA.jpg

XsLF6xl.jpg

Vignesh Rao S

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
OK. Here we are... I have been playing this game for almost 6 months and noticed that we needed some improvements in future patches.

1. Sixes - I have been trying to hit various 6s throughout the ground but i can only able it hit very few sixes to the crowed that too who are in lower stands only. No sixes outside the ground or to the crowd.
  2. Drives - Whenever i try to hit a six to the straight and even bowler bowls in the off side, batsman is hitting the six using a straight drive which is not possible for all balls. A straight pull shot should be legal
  3. Shots - Pull shots are not that realistic enough for sixes and fours. A pull shot requires whole body to move along differently for hitting a six but not that much in the game. And of course helicopter shot or similar might be needed for huge sixes
  4. Bowling is not complainable - But where is malinga bowling style?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
OK. Here we are... I have been playing this game for almost 6 months and noticed that we needed some improvements in future patches.

1. Sixes - I have been trying to hit various 6s throughout the ground but i can only able it hit very few sixes to the crowed that too who are in lower stands only. No sixes outside the ground or to the crowd.
  2. Drives - Whenever i try to hit a six to the straight and even bowler bowls in the off side, batsman is hitting the six using a straight drive which is not possible for all balls. A straight pull shot should be legal
  3. Shots - Pull shots are not that realistic enough for sixes and fours. A pull shot requires whole body to move along differently for hitting a six but not that much in the game. And of course helicopter shot or similar might be needed for huge sixes
  4. Bowling is not complainable - But where is malinga bowling style?

Yup lack of helicopter shot and Malinga bowling action is a game-breaker for me. I blame @Ross who couldn't be bothered to patch these things in even though half the sub-continent would buy the game if these two things were there.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Yup lack of helicopter shot and Malinga bowling action is a game-breaker for me. I blame @Ross who couldn't be bothered to patch these things in even though half the sub-continent would buy the game if these two things were there.

I particularly liked the "I'm not very good at the game and thus have trouble hitting sixes" error.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors

Somebody appears to be sixually frustrated :)

tazzron

Club Captain

I'd much rather see slog sweeps, square drives, midwicket flick, down the wicket along the ground shots, aerial ramp shots, etc (shots actually played by all batsmen) introduced in future versions before adding needless gimmicks.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
I'd much rather see slog sweeps, square drives, midwicket flick, down the wicket along the ground shots, aerial ramp shots, etc (shots actually played by all batsmen) introduced in future versions before adding needless gimmicks.

Square Drive is the biggest omission. It's one of the staple cricketing shots and currently there's no shot available in DBC to target area square of the wkt to an overpitched delivery outside off.[DOUBLEPOST=1433551155][/DOUBLEPOST]
I particularly liked the "I'm not very good at the game and thus have trouble hitting sixes" error.

One would assume this is exactly Rookie and Amateur modes are there for. You simply have to look at the "longest six" thread to see folks managing to hammer 120-130m monsters.

basilchacko

Club Cricketer
PS3 the first released version.......still waiting for patch.......:noway........................pc...:lol

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
PS3 the first released version.......still waiting for patch.......:noway........................pc...:lol

Because the PC is easier to send out updates and is been used as a beta for the consoles:lol

shan111

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I guess we will be getting incremental patches for us PC users before the actual cumulative Patch 3 is released. Any idea from when these incremental patches will include SP gameplay fix/tuning (i.e frequency of edges )as well?

Hartley

Club Captain
As we are likely to have more updates roll out its the best time to ask this
Can any of staff comment about whether these points are under consideration or not for the patch #3 and the updates in the future
Higher Priority:
1. Academy combined with Career mode so that we can have updated squads once we start the career
2. Turning off normalization of teams for career mode.
3. Adjusting the skill set values which are overpowered( as Blockerdave and fellow friends here find out here )
Lower Priority:
1. Ability to add more domestic tourneys for career mode like we create tours/competitions
2. Adding CWC.

Users who are viewing this thread