mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Dear friends,
Has anyone faced an issue of black out screen, couple of days ago i was playing a career mode on ps4 and when i clicked on "Simulate to Career Mode", screen just wen to black and i need to press ps button to close the game and restart from ps4 menu. Frequency is rare as that's only first instance till 3rd year career play.
Please fix this if its issue in patch3 as well

thanks,

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I might have mentioned it before - but it would be really handy if we could watch a replay from the various built in camera angles. Obviously even better if they could be with sound - but just a way to rewatch the ball as you saw it originally would be a great help when trying to record replays.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
I might have mentioned it before - but it would be really handy if we could watch a replay from the various built in camera angles. Obviously even better if they could be with sound - but just a way to rewatch the ball as you saw it originally would be a great help when trying to record replays.

This this this.

cricfan11

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
and a hotspot view angle from sides. Or a user controlled free roam view of hotspot view would be fantastic or is that something for next iteration.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
I would just like for the BA crew to sort out the bug where you HAVE to appeal to edges caught at slip.

Just today I had a top edge , flying to fly slip , everybody screaming "Catch it !!" only for me to forget to appeal after I`ve caught it on the 30 yard circle .

Small irritating bug , would be nice if it could be taken care off.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
I would just like for the BA crew to sort out the bug where you HAVE to appeal to edges caught at slip.

Just today I had a top edge , flying to fly slip , everybody screaming "Catch it !!" only for me to forget to appeal after I`ve caught it on the 30 yard circle .

Small irritating bug , would be nice if it could be taken care off.

It's not Big Ants fault if you forget to appeal, I know what your saying though, for thick edges you shouldn't need to, but now and then you will get the odd feather edge which by rights you should have to appeal for.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
From a creation point of view, I'd like them to fix what the attributes do to teams a little. I try to create teams that are as realistic in relation to one another as possible and even if I get the best players in the world (I created a World Cup 2015 Team Of The Tournament) the team still rates at 4 star for batting and 4 for bowling.

This is a legitimate case for comparing to Fifa. In that game a 5 star side doesn't need near perfection and a full squad of players at 98 overall to get 5 stars, but DBC pretty much does. It appears that even if you have batsmen with almost full skills in every category and are basically perfect (something I have tried out to see what happens but refuse to leave them at), that the bowlers pull down the batting of the team overall to four stars.

I really think that it's a hard thing to balance, because you can't say that the top 6 players in the order should affect the overall bowling as there may be a good bowler amongst them, but you can probably safely say that the last 5 batsmen probably shouldn't affect the overall batting. I suppose someone in the top 6 who is a very good bowler is an allrounder. So, maybe it could be that allrounders in the top 6 can affect bowling, and allrounders in the bottom 5 can affect batting?

Long post, but an annoying issue when creating.

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
From a creation point of view, I'd like them to fix what the attributes do to teams a little. I try to create teams that are as realistic in relation to one another as possible and even if I get the best players in the world (I created a World Cup 2015 Team Of The Tournament) the team still rates at 4 star for batting and 4 for bowling.

This is a legitimate case for comparing to Fifa. In that game a 5 star side doesn't need near perfection and a full squad of players at 98 overall to get 5 stars, but DBC pretty much does. It appears that even if you have batsmen with almost full skills in every category and are basically perfect (something I have tried out to see what happens but refuse to leave them at), that the bowlers pull down the batting of the team overall to four stars.

I really think that it's a hard thing to balance, because you can't say that the top 6 players in the order should affect the overall bowling as there may be a good bowler amongst them, but you can probably safely say that the last 5 batsmen probably shouldn't affect the overall batting. I suppose someone in the top 6 who is a very good bowler is an allrounder. So, maybe it could be that allrounders in the top 6 can affect bowling, and allrounders in the bottom 5 can affect batting?

Long post, but an annoying issue when creating.

The skills are all over powered as far as batting is concerned so even creating a 3 star team means you are going to have poor gameplay as a result. I scrapped caring about team ratings a long time ago in favour for a decent gaming experience. So Big Ant really need to get this issue sorted first and then team ratings would follow as a result.

Mr Snrub

International Coach
The skills are all over powered as far as batting is concerned so even creating a 3 star team means you are going to have poor gameplay as a result. I scrapped caring about team ratings a long time ago in favour for a decent gaming experience. So Big Ant really need to get this issue sorted first and then team ratings would follow as a result.

Agreed, particularly for higher levels, it needs to be better. The lower three are more or less where they need to be for people learning the game.

Although, we can't start saying to people that their suggestions aren't important until others are suggested. All valid suggestions need their airing.

Team ratings are an important indicator too and all over the place teams are 3 star for batting and bowling and you see heaps of sides where all the attributes are left empty (308 points left remaining and everything down the middle). It makes it extra confusing what your getting when you download sides (especially for people new to the game) as many are all faces made and no balanced attributes or skills.

I've found that bowling skills when made fairly high can negate the batting skills and make for a well balanced game. Still like I said at the start it does need some fine tuning.

On a seperate note, there needs to be an indication of what top speed a bowler will be able to bowl when creating and adjusting things like acceleration, strength, arm speed etc.

Last edited:

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
I didn't say your suggestion isn't important just that for me it doesn't matter whether Australia are rated any differently to Bangladesh as long as I can get a decent gaming experience which is how I approach player settings now. On top of that any changes that are made to players or teams have pretty much no effect whatsoever in the career mode.

I've found that bowling skills when made fairly high can negate the batting skills and make for a well balanced game. Still like I said at the start it does need some fine tuning.

This is true however it's not the case of it being balanced or not its more of a case of higher batting ratings equals a slogathon. Fine for the one day formats but no so for the longer versions. This isn't just down to the attributes it is how the AI has been programmed.

On a seperate note, there needs to be an indication of what top speed a bowler will be able to bowl when creating and adjusting things like acceleration, strength, arm speed etc.

I agree, it would make life easier when trying to make players realistic. I have posted min/max speeds for bowlers on Blockers thread if you require a reference. Arm speed appears to be the only factor when setting bowling speed. The other attributes have no bearing apart from the anaerobic/ aerobic (can't remember if it is one or both) which will determine how a bowler can maintain his pace.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
He could have very well caught this inside the rope, please make note of the boundary fielding...Major use of side slide animation and tap back the ball inside will make it very realistic...And making the fielder just watch the ball sail over the fence rather than making them go over and catch will be better....

2015-06-19_00004.jpg

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Dave's post in the teams thread reminded me of a request - a checkbox for making the username search only find teams submitted by that user - rather than the search also including modifications by others to their teams?

At the moment you need to do the search, and then find one that is actually made by that user and then press the select/back button, which is rather difficult if they are teams from a different platform and you can't see the names.

AnkitC

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A rather small request. A restart match option would really be handy. Been asking for this from some time. Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread