Summary of issues/anomalies thread

SLHomie

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
This is why every game requires a public beta phase. It would drastically improve a game. :)

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Also the leak seem to be the work of some newbie. He claims that it is his first upload so maybe, just maybe bigant can get some help and track that bugger down as newbie may not have hide his ip that well and then they should prosecute him. Cricket is already a niche sport in gaming, we can't afford scums like him affecting the market. :mad

grkrama

National Board President
This is why every game requires a public beta phase. It would drastically improve a game.
unfortunately also cause early leaks which is something med size studios like BA cant afford to happen.
Also the leak seem to be the work of some newbie. He claims that it is his first upload so maybe, just maybe bigant can get some help and track that bugger down as newbie may not have hide his ip that well and then they should prosecute him. Cricket is already a niche sport in gaming, we can't afford scums like him affecting the market.

im talking about the hypothetical public beta situation AP.which leak you are talking about piracy?, not much can be done too much effort involved.AS long as genuine cricket and gaming fans support the games should do well.

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
This game has its fair share of bugs like any other normal game. Anyone who thinks that a game should be completely flawless at release is probably smoking pot or doesnt have any idea about how games work. Those of us who bought GTA IV on pc remember the horror. It took them around 7 or 8 patches over the course of one year to fix it. Even the million dollar budget couldn't prevent that. Considering the amount of logic and complexity involved and the small budget BA had, the game turned out quite brilliant tbh.

MrDantes

School Cricketer
Can you add the controller not vibrating on edges to your list please. Has anyone else had this issue?

ChinamanSpin

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Can you add the controller not vibrating on edges to your list please. Has anyone else had this issue?
I don't think it's supposed to vibrate on edges. They may have mentioned that a while back, but in nets it vibrated when you didn't hit the ball properly, which I liked. You can actually here the edges pretty clearly, especially with headphones.

Actually, I don't think my controller has vibrated once when I've played the game. I wonder if that's my settings, a bug or a design decision? @BigAntStudios

Alberts

International Coach
I'd suggest adding:

1. AI batsmen tend to throw the bat at good balls too often, resulting in an over occurrence of LBW and bowled dismissals
2. Despite this they tend not to edge the ball so much, seemingly middling the ball or completely missing it. They do edge it sometimes, but even setting up to take edges it is unlikely to make up more than 1-2 dismissals out of ten (and most of the time 0-1), when it should rightfully average around 4-5. This issue seems to be linked to the above
3. The AI is also a bit silly when dealing with bad balls, tending to go too hard at it, which can result in strange dismissals from being bowled or hitting it straight to waiting fielders when a bowler like Johnson messes up and bowls around 88 kmph.
4. The combination of the above 3 issues seems to make AI batting seem quite frail in many cases, with them being able to be bowled out for under 100 quite consistently at least on pro, but also reported on higher difficulties

To the list in terms of AI issues and:

A point 6 for the original list would be improper implementation of run out. If a player grounds a foot, he is considered to be in his crease from then on as long as he's moving forward, even if no part of him or his bat is in the crease at the time of the wicket being put down. Proper implementation of this rule would probably alleviate the issues with players being run out getting up from diving into the crease.

What's more, players shouldn't be given run out if they are chased out of their crease, and under the laws of the game they are perfectly within their right to walk out of the crease in such circumstances and still be considered "safe". By preventing run outs being called unless a run is attempted, this rule could not only be satisfied, but the issue of fielders barging the batsmen of his crease to run him out could be removed. Care could also have to be made for the case of a player dancing down the wicket who then grounds his bat, only to be barged out as well though.

As an issue with how the rules are set up.

TripleM

Club Captain
Yep, planning to go through the last week's worth or so and add in all of the new ones at some point soon.

Jadel

Club Captain
This game has its fair share of bugs like any other normal game. Anyone who thinks that a game should be completely flawless at release is probably smoking pot or doesnt have any idea about how games work.

Even if this were true (which it isnt) Judging a game on the mediocrity of others is a poor excuse. A "normal game" is one that ships with minimal bugs and issues. gtaiv is not normal.

Some small bugs that dont crop up in the course of normal play are to be expected as are some balance issues. However there are many small to medium bugs with DBC that are almost immediately apparent.

Users who are viewing this thread