Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
.....that's always the best assumption. Always assume it was Biggs.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
Both of them.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Both of them.

2000_Par2589796.jpg

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
Initially batting was a nightmare when I started out in Don Bradman Cricket 14. Obtaining averages in all formats of about 20, I've learned alot reading Don Bradman Cricket 14 threads. I also learned that patience is the key in building an innings, trying to hit a boundary of every delivery however exiting; does not help with batting in Don Bradman Cricket 14.

With time my average has gone up to nearly 50 in Career mode and I'm regularly get scores past 200 in Test matches and scores past 130+ in ODI's. My moto in T20's is GO BIG OR GO HOME; still averaging in the 40's.

Choosing the correct footwork still is difficult, especially if you play on modes higher than PRO. Carefully choosing your shot selection is key... the wrong foot selection, incorrect stroke play and bad timing often lead to getting edges.. but that's all part of the fun and learning experience.

Thumbs up to all sharing their advise and helping each other grow in the love off the game, called CRICKET!!!

Last edited:

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Two types of ball is very difficult to play

Facing fast , for red mark ball changing front foot to back foot and get hook.

Left arm spinner chances of edges while playing off side.

TerryAlderman

Club Captain
Two types of ball is very difficult to play

Facing fast , for red mark ball changing front foot to back foot and get hook.

Left arm spinner chances of edges while playing off side.
Referring to deliveries......I believe that whatever left/right thumbstick positions and any other modifiers that has been selected are 'locked in' as the bowler reaches his delivery stride. There is no point trying to change these on delivery.....cos you can't.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
I believe that whatever left/right thumbstick positions and any other modifiers that has been selected are 'locked in' as the bowler reaches his delivery stride

You can change the delivery type right up until release [RAS Forward]

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
If you are batting....then there's no way to change thumbstick position or modifier following (ai) bowler reaching his delivery stride

Oh, right... sounded like you were talking about bowling. I haven't ever tried clicking the triggers "late" (it would only be milliseconds either way) but I'm pretty sure you can, say, hit a power shot after delivery if you so chose. Obviously, reverse sweeps and advance shots need to be premeditated so they have to be pressed on the controller well in advance, but I'm positive you can click the "lofted" modifier reasonably late, so long as it's before the RAS otherwise, the whole reason for "Lag" in the online portion is bullshit, because it's very existence is so players can modify their bowling/batting decisions right up until release of the delivery.

....but as I said, I haven't ever tried it. You could well be right.

GuyIncognito94

School Cricketer
I thought you could change it right up until you hit the ball. For example, I was about to hit a normal shot but just as the ball came to me I managed to press the defensive trigger and it worked. But I could be completely wrong so take what I say with a grain of salt.

Rayr27

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
It can definitely be changed after the ball is bowled. All that matters is what trigger input is made when you move the RAS to play the shot. I don't tend to use the bumpers but regularly use the triggers against spin after I've judged the length of the ball and I've never had a problem.

Users who are viewing this thread