Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Should be a simple case of adding a couple more cut-scenes (perhaps at the end of ever other over) to show the score-card/weather report? Maybe 1 in every 5 "sweep shots" of the stadium, you do a nice low-up panning shot of the scorecard or something?

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
In a future iteration; perhaps have little weather report updates as the day goes on; and make it so that its occasionally wrong or changes during the course of the day.

That's pretty much a must to simulate a test match summer in England...

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The quicker loading times on PC has inadvertently caused an issue

as most people know, no easy way of knowing weather conditions. Certainly for first class games on console I used to save game at start of each day and reload game. It would then show you the weather conditions for the day.

Pc version, again cannot see weather conditions at start of each day, but when you save and reload game, because games loads so fast, I only ever get to see starting XI's and nothing else
I.e after the first morning, I am playing rest of days with no idea what weather is in store?

Simple solution for Patch 3 hopefully is to view weather conditions on demand (viewing ball wear on demand too please)

We'll add a skippable delay to the scoreboard today (the wonders of Steam patching! :))

IceAgeComing

Retired Administrator
Profile Flag
Scotland
You also have BETA PATCHES; which are a godsend to players and devs alike if you have a decent fan base.

Ozzie_SAP

Club Cricketer
Guys, I've been playing the game online on Xbox360 in Australia for a week now but still no patch downloads/ updates - any idea why n how to download/ update patches or check the games patch version?

ellgieff

Club Captain
Guys, I've been playing the game online on Xbox360 in Australia for a week now but still no patch downloads/ updates - any idea why n how to download/ update patches or check the games patch version?

The patch hasn't been released on the consoles yet.

When it is released you will get an automatic "there's a patch for this game" notification the first time you load it after the release.

You don't have to do anything special (and I don't think you can refuse the patch when it's there)

Ozzie_SAP

Club Cricketer
The patch hasn't been released on the consoles yet.

When it is released you will get an automatic "there's a patch for this game" notification the first time you load it after the release.

You don't have to do anything special (and I don't think you can refuse the patch when it's there)

Thanks mate; is there a way to check which patch I am currently on? I don't think even patch 1 was applied to my game:(

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Thanks mate; is there a way to check which patch I am currently on? I don't think even patch 1 was applied to my game
Play a match, while batting use the LT to look around the field. If there are field position names above their heads, you have patch 1.

Ozzie_SAP

Club Cricketer
Play a match, while batting use the LT to look around the field. If there are field position names above their heads, you have patch 1.

Oh great, I'm on patch 1 then - waiting for patch 2!

Have been playing EA Cricket for years n years and imho this game is leap years ahead already (i.e. even without patch 2) - great stuff delivered by the team at Big Ant, lots of cheerz to the team:thumbs:thumbs:thumbs

DS1994

School Cricketer
the amount of times I have tried to smash the ball over square leg/midwicket because they have had the field up and I have been caught at fine leg even though my right thumbstick is pointing to 9/10 o'clock is ridiculous. Any tips/fixes?!

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Are this Thread really still relevant ?

The Patch2 is imminent , so we might as well close up on this one and wait for the compulsory "Patch#3 Must Fixes" thread to appear after No. 2 releases.

balkeet

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
yeah when patch 2 is already out of big ant hands how can they 'must fix' things in it. This thread should be renamed to patch 3 fixes and would love it to be dedicated to ai.

aditya123

National Board President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Patvh 2 must fix itself and get cleared first.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Just stick to discussing the topic, not whether this topic should exist. It would be much nicer if threads that were no longer relevant simply just didn't get posted in and could naturally fall down the page instead of every single thread needing to be locked.

Alberts

International Coach
Just stick to discussing the topic, not whether this topic should exist. It would be much nicer if threads that were no longer relevant simply just didn't get posted in and could naturally fall down the page instead of every single thread needing to be locked.

So what you're saying is that this forum would work better if people realised that complaining about what is being posted in a thread, and referencing it as having served its purpose is a job for moderators, not the rest of us?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread