BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Is this a bug or graphics problem??

The attached pic is the point where the ball deviates as if its an edge but the bat is no where near the ball but was given out...Even some shots happen so..

The physics map and the graphical representation are separate, there will occasionally be bugs where they do not line up. The game code itself uses the physics map to determine outcomes so the result should be true.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
The physics map and the graphical representation are separate, there will occasionally be bugs where they do not line up. The game code itself uses the physics map to determine outcomes so the result should be true.

Oh ok thanks for clearing that up..So same is with the fielders as well,when they slide and field the ball which is higher than their reach??

Ozzie_SAP

Club Cricketer
The 2 things that annoy me the most and hence would like to see fixed in patch 2 are:

1. Over zealous fielders/ catchers...basically they run faster than the speed of the shot and somehow catch it within the boundary!
2. Very importantly, I need a small screen either on left or right side of the playing screen with current fielding map. The AI changes fielders very quickly in this game hence need a small map always on the screen to keep track of those changes as a batsman.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
1. Over zealous fielders/ catchers...basically they run faster than the speed of the shot and somehow catch it within the boundary!

Basically fixed in patch 2, from what I've experienced.

2. Very importantly, I need a small screen either on left or right side of the playing screen with current fielding map. The AI changes fielders very quickly in this game hence need a small map always on the screen to keep track of those changes as a batsman.

Fixed in Patch one, use the field-view option to see the entire field whenever you like.

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Fixed in Patch one, use the field-view option to see the entire field whenever you like.

*Whenever you like = For approximately 3 seconds IF you use the field-view option in the 2 second window at the reset of each ball, before the bowler begins his run-up.

Hasan

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Yea. We have 2-3 seconds to view the field and then it disappears and bowler starts to run.

Acid Burn

International Coach
Profile Flag
South Africa
Yea. We have 2-3 seconds to view the field and then it disappears and bowler starts to run.

My only problem with this is if I manage to get my L2 button pressed before Mister Bowler starts his runup , I only have the 3 seconds , which in my instance means I`ve checked half of the field , and then its all gone and in comes the bowler.

I remember that the 2 second delay part has been implemented in Patch2 to allow the Batsmen to hopefully allways get the L2 pressed before the Bowler comes in , and that the speed at what you look around has also been increased.

Hopefully this fixes this irritation fully , otherwise I will just end up doing 2 lookarounds each time to get the full view. Or hopefully they gave us another second or two to check the field out , lets wait and see !

zimrahil

Retired Administrator
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The quicker loading times on PC has inadvertently caused an issue

as most people know, no easy way of knowing weather conditions. Certainly for first class games on console I used to save game at start of each day and reload game. It would then show you the weather conditions for the day.

Pc version, again cannot see weather conditions at start of each day, but when you save and reload game, because games loads so fast, I only ever get to see starting XI's and nothing else
I.e after the first morning, I am playing rest of days with no idea what weather is in store?

Simple solution for Patch 3 hopefully is to view weather conditions on demand (viewing ball wear on demand too please)

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Good idea Zim but i different way would be press start to enter to skip weather/pitch reports.

D

Dutch

The quicker loading times on PC has inadvertently caused an issue

as most people know, no easy way of knowing weather conditions. Certainly for first class games on console I used to save game at start of each day and reload game. It would then show you the weather conditions for the day.

Pc version, again cannot see weather conditions at start of each day, but when you save and reload game, because games loads so fast, I only ever get to see starting XI's and nothing else
I.e after the first morning, I am playing rest of days with no idea what weather is in store?

Simple solution for Patch 3 hopefully is to view weather conditions on demand (viewing ball wear on demand too please)

Yeah agreed. A few suggestions I have proposed:

a. a button to show the state of the ball which again has been beautifully made but you cant see it close up, not outside of replay mode anyway....
b. a button to show the state of the pitch and the weather conditions and forecast
c. a button to bring up the beautifully detailed scorescreen that has been maticulously designed in every stadium yet is rendered useless because you cant see it......

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread