Patch #2 Must Fixes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Where is the fun in playing like that? It's basically like playing NBA 2k and saying 'if you only shoot with Kevin Durant you'll score more points'

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
I am not cheat as the game can be hard still, just for people who find batting to hard just remember the AI change the field all the time, just hit the ball where there is no fielders. The AI get cocky and go all in attack as there is not many edges to the slips in this version making the game a little easy right now.

Looking forward to patch 2.

----------

Another one of your posts I feel no reason whatsoever to take note of......

You still reply to it dutchhead.:lol

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hello everyone.

Just wanted you to know i found a weak spot against the AI while batting.

Just block after hitting a couple of 4s on the legside, the AI think they can attack. Then easy 4s on the legside or offside. Just do this over and over again and you will score scores over 350 all out almost all the time.

Hardly a news bro later they place fielders all around the ground specially if you are playing FC.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Hardly a news bro later they place fielders all around the ground specially if you are playing FC.

True but what i was meaning as it's hard for me to write about it. They change back to a attacking field far to fast. My go to shots are leg glance and pull shot, everyone knows you get caught if you play a leg glance to often because the AI put like 3 fielders in that area but if you tell yourself not to go to the go to shots then the gaps will open up again for easy runs.

Again after patch 2 i will have to learn again but for people who still can not bat i will tell you it's not that hard.

Now for the spinner, i have more trouble with them than any other kind of bowlers but they are getting only 3 or 4 wickets now not the 7 to 9 before.

Offie

School Cricketer
So the key part of your message then is to hit the ball where there are no fielders.

Damn. Never thought of that one!

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
Please don't forget to be patient also.:eek: PS I was writting for people who can not score big scores, if you can make runs all good but if you are still getting all out for under a 100 or so on pro or higher.

Offie

School Cricketer
Please don't forget to be patient also.:eek: PS I was writting for people who can not score big scores, if you can make runs all good but if you are still getting all out for under a 100 or so on pro or higher.

I'm scoring 20's and 30's in career mode usually before doing something daft.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
I'm scoring 20's and 30's in career mode usually before doing something daft.

Daft should be the code name for batting in the game, i still get out easy and daft:facepalm enough but about 3 weeks ago it clicked how to bat right. My best is 155# with 8 tons plus two in a inns and a best total of 568 all out on pro.

PS The AI change the fields to much unlike real cricket and like i said above don't play the leg glance if there is more than one fielder or you will get out.

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Daft should be the code name for batting in the game, i still get out easy and daft:facepalm enough but about 3 weeks ago it clicked how to bat right. My best is 155# with 8 tons plus two in a inns and a best total of 568 all out on pro.

PS The AI change the fields to much unlike real cricket and like i said above don't play the leg glance if there is more than one fielder or you will get out.

How can you get two tons in an innings :noway Did you mean a double ton?

ellgieff

Club Captain
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That's related to timing as I now play ground shots very often and might hit in the air when slow balls are bowled so it's hard for me to play spin but I am improving....:)

Going in the air will not be a problem after patch as superhuman fielding is taken care in patch#2...:D

Intentionally going in the air might not be a problem.

Being utterly unable to pick the slower ball from the quicks and therefore spooning catches up to mid-on/mid-off will still be an issue - as will minor variations in the pace of the spinners producing the same thing.

It's going to be particularly interesting with the caught and bowled chances (that I often feel the bowler shouldn't get close to) depending on how they fix the "super fielding".

The only thing I've considered super about the fielders is their speed in the outfield. If that's fixed, and your suggestion (drop less catches) is also implemented, I think we'll wind up in the same place that we are now: feeling ripped off by some of the dismissals that occur.

The_Pharoah

International Coach

This. Plus the fact that the AI, esp in the longer forms of the game, should be bowling line and length just outside off. Instead if you look at the pitch map after each over, it looks like it was bowled by a 10 year old.

With premeditating, I'm now getting scores of 30+ each match, particularly in the short forms of the game. It still bugs me that the AI puts 6 fielders on the legside and continually bowls legside....all I do is leave it = wide!

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The only thing I've considered super about the fielders is their speed in the outfield. If that's fixed, and your suggestion (drop less catches) is also implemented, I think we'll wind up in the same place that we are now: feeling ripped off by some of the dismissals that occur.

Not really. If you hit the ball straight down an outfielder's throat, you expect to get out and there shouldn't be any reason to feel ripped off about the dismissal.

79cricket

Panel of Selectors
How can you get two tons in an innings :noway Did you mean a double ton?

No i have not made a double ton yet but soon i feel i will, in the 568 i made 121# and 115 plus three 50s. I will say scoring a ton is still hard but if you let a new batsmen face the bowler you are having trouble with and for me it's always spin then just milk the fast men at the other side.

----------

This. Plus the fact that the AI, esp in the longer forms of the game, should be bowling line and length just outside off. Instead if you look at the pitch map after each over, it looks like it was bowled by a 10 year old.

With premeditating, I'm now getting scores of 30+ each match, particularly in the short forms of the game. It still bugs me that the AI puts 6 fielders on the legside and continually bowls legside....all I do is leave it = wide!

Yes the AI do bowl on the legside way to much but that should be fixed real soon but they do not keep them there for long if you block/leave or score on the onside.

PS I did have one or two games where the AI would not change there legside field to a attacking fields, i was shocked as the my runrate dropped fast from 5 to 3 in about 20 overs or so. I was going to report the bug but i was enjoying the challenge.:D

This is what i would love in patch two, the AI bowl to a set field when slips fail at the start of your inns.:thumbs

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Yes the AI do bowl on the legside way to much but that should be fixed real soon but they do not keep them there for long if you block/leave or score on the onside.

PS I did have one or two games where the AI would not change there legside field to a attacking fields, i was shocked as the my runrate dropped fast from 5 to 3 in about 20 overs or so. I was going to report the bug but i was enjoying the challenge.:D

This is what i would love in patch two, the AI bowl to a set field when slips fail at the start of your inns.:thumbs

I'm not against the AI setting 'traps' and sticking to it...like you, I enjoy the challenge. however they shouldn't be doing this in T20/T40 where all I have to do is let it go through for a wide. OR if they do, not so much. Instead, most of the time there's like 2-3 fielders on the offside and the rest on the onside. Not hard to rev sweep or step out and drive to cover.

What they should be doing is making it extremely difficult for us with line/length as IRL. Every now and then, the AI sets a really good field and bowls to it eg. mid on/off, cover, point, gully, slip, sq leg, fine leg, etc and I don't have much of an option but to block. THAT is what I'm talking about. Then next over they slot in two silly fielders (ie. silly midon/off) and leave huge gaps for me to exploit. Wickets come from building up pressure.

rishabh96

International Coach
Profile Flag
India
I guess its too late to post this but now I only want one thing in this game ie. customization of lineups in career mode. I started my career as bowling all rounder who comes to bat at 3 down for Tasmania. Then I got offer from Melbourne Stars and I was so excited but my excitement finished when I played my first match with Stars. Their lineup was horrible and I couldn't do anything and then we lost the Big Bash. I said to myself. Okay no problem, I can play for India in some time and that would be amazing. Later after some matches. I saw that I am selected for Indian Cricket Team. It was like dream coming true that I will play under MS Dhoni. I was so excited but my excitement ended when I saw lineups. Yes I replaced MS Dhoni in the lineup and Amit Mishra became the captain. :(

This is so irritating. I know it's impossible to fix this in patch 2 but I expect that they fix in near future or atleast they add vice captain so that if we replace captain then vice captain becomes the captain. I mean for one match it was Mishra who became captain, then Dhawan and then Raina.

I hope they fix this very soon. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread