Patch idea

Ben

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi people,
I was thinking it would be a good idea if we made a BLC patch...what I mean is; instead of having all these 5kb files and everything,we should incorporate these all into 1 patch. For example: I've updated almost all the teams with a few commentary updates - but the commentary I've done is not as good as the others on this site...so if I sent my Team update ,and some of u other guys sent in the commentary and all the .TIM updates and everything else it could all be together under 1 name eg. BLC online patch v(whatever).
It's just an idea - I don't know whether it could work.

Ben

Club Cricketer
I forgot to mention this would also be good so as u could add small tweaks that arn't worth sending on their own,eg:

Late Cut direction change
Swapping a few captures around
Gameplay tweaks etc.

sukku

Club Cricketer
hi ben i can supply u with commentary files.
if u want give ur email address plz

cheers
sukku

Mike

School Cricketer
hey Ben how did u get the late cut direction to change, this would help a lot specially against spinners.

sukku

Club Cricketer
ben
can u send me all the edited stroke files u made<late cut,etc.>my email address is [email protected]
also send me any other tweaks u made...

cheers
sukku

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
Ben
I too am curious how you have made a late cut direction change. As Mike has said, this shot is useless against spinners, so please post how u did it on this site !!

MarioJ

School Cricketer
Ben I think that's a great idea. The tweaks would be great especially with the late-cut.

Mike

School Cricketer
Ben,
It seems your new stroke files are in demand - perhaps you should send them up to BLC Online for download!
Please!!

Shaliesh (old)

Club Cricketer
Ben,

It's a good idea to have commentry and team updates together. As the teams keep changing you can issue request for new commentry for those players and release both updates in one patch. That way it will be is easier to keep the game updated.

I think everyone who is working on these 2 areas should send their work to Ben and he can bundle the best stuff in one patch.

-S

Ben

Club Cricketer
Hello everyone,
So far I have updated 8 of the test teams and I will finish Pakistan and England tonight - and the fielding abilities for all teams.
As far as the late cut goes...unfortuantely I re-installed BLC recently,so I will have to change the shot again.
What I did was change it so the batsman hits it into the ground first at about level with the stumps and he doesn't get caught.
Also when u press 8 and 6-hit button(forward defensive) I added a bit more power so as u can get some quick singles if u time it right.
Unfortunately the shot tweaking is quite difficult to do and I find out by luck more than judgment.
But I would be interested in any other tweaks on the shots that anyone else wants.

[email protected]

cheers

Mike

School Cricketer
Hey as long as you figure out, thats what it matters, and this is a nice find by you Ben. You can send me the files for the shots at [email protected], I may also try to help in making more changes if I can.

Users who are viewing this thread