PC Comp for season 13

Which format?

• Total voters

aussie1st

Retired Administrator
What format should we go with this season?

Ladder
Last seasons format, teams can challenge a team 3 places above or below them on the ladder. They take the spot of the team above them if they win. For more information see http://www.planetcricket.org/forums...ket-battrick-ladder-rules-rankings-53168.html

World Cup Format
Like the soccer world cup, will make very uneven matches in the groups but the knockout stage will be quite entertaining

Promo/Demo Format
Groups of 4 based on team strength/ranking. After playing everyone in the group promotion/demotion occurs. After the second round of matches a final to decide the final placing for the season.
Will create very even matches but a top team will be required more often than not.

League Format
This will see teams divided into leagues of about 8 ordered in terms of strength. Teams will not need to play top side as often but this would see less competitive match ups. Also each league would be considered more personal

angryangy

ICC Chairman
I don't mind the ladder as it ran last season. People who want friendlies every week can find them, while people who aren't fussed or don't want them aren't particularly disruptive to the ladder. You could even run it from an earlier stage in the season, with the positions of Cup participants simply locked until free.

mattfb

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The ladder looks good, will be more even and fun and you dont need to have a challenge that weekend if you dont wanna. Personally I think thats the way to go.

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
With the World Cup format you would rank the best 8 teams and put 1 in each group. It is also a shorter tournament and probably could be played twice a season (depending on how long people are in the cup for).

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I liked the old Shield format, Griffo's old tournament.

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
The ladder was a flop, I propposed it people voted for it, then once it got running teams participated for 2-3 weeks then went awol screwing it up for the guys who still wanted to play.

I'd prefer to take part in a league system, but with fewer teams, promotion/demotion would then happen at the end of each season.

The next issue is who's going to run it? I'll put myself forward again, but if you guys want someone else, so be it.

FreddieFan

International Coach
I thought the ladder was a really good system, but it's vital the the ladder table is kept up to date, otherwise people don't know who they can challenge.

Maxkarter

Battrick Tournament Host
It was updated each week except for the last two weeks while I was away, however I did ask someone to keep things rolling, but quite obviously they didn't......

FreddieFan

International Coach
It was updated each week except for the last two weeks while I was away, however I did ask someone to keep things rolling, but quite obviously they didn't......

I mentioned it more as a factor to be considered for the next season than a comment on the last one.

Highlander999

ICC President
I didn't like the ladder one bit. As dear old Hoops said, the way Griffo ran the old tournie was good, although I do like the idea of a World Cup as well. Now with no moderating duties I am more then happy to help run this and keep it active and up to date.

ansariaamir_leo

International Cricketer
I didn't liked the ladder system because the people aren't sure whom you are playing... It happened to me that I challenged teams and everyone had already set their matches... So I would prefer anything that has the fixtures arranged, and we just need to arrange it...

Users who are viewing this thread