PCCL Inactivity

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Look how long it took you to find out. :p

sohum added 0 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

I'll go ahead and make Insomniac's ban perma, though.

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Online Cricket Games Owned
Good stuff.

But yea, first time I've visited the PCCL forum in forever. Just when I saw the inactivity title. Don't really have the time to contribute to this anymore.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
Why would we come up with a "PCCL cash" format if we already have a virtual currency on the website.

Because it's easier that way. You can just give out what ever much you want to give out.

But if we have vC, that would be great. But I really think we should have a re-auction. That will charge up the whole thing. Captains/ Teams will fight for players, players will be active, trying to get picked. It's almost like making it a "season start", which is what we want.

new teams new fights new contest

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I don't know how PCCL used to be carried earlier. But, yeah it is getting a bit boring. Some lack of excitement and enthusiasm maybe.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Simbazz, is PCPL done? vCash infusion would help, I think. Along with things such as vBookie events, etc.

We could certainly conduct an IPL-style auction where players will be valued based on their performance in the 2010 season. Each team could elect "x" number of players that they want to protect from auctioning.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
^^ YES YES, that's what I am saying

And each team captain should receive certain amount base money, + extra money based on their position in the league.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
Simbazz, is PCPL done? vCash infusion would help, I think. Along with things such as vBookie events, etc.

We could certainly conduct an IPL-style auction where players will be valued based on their performance in the 2010 season. Each team could elect "x" number of players that they want to protect from auctioning.

I've not got the time to get as involved with cricsim at the minute as I'd like, being in the final year or Uni, there's a bit of work going on.

Sohum, the PCPL is finished as far as I'm concerned, not enough time to promote and run it anymore.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
K great, I'll start working on creating a plan involving vCash, then.

Other things I'm considering are stripping down squads to a size of 12. This would hopefully mean more activity since there would be less time spent on the bench and also more trade activity as team needs changed.

I'm also hoping that some of the automation stuff (creating threads, updating scorecards, etc.) will be done for the next release.

Pranav

ICC Board Member
K great, I'll start working on creating a plan involving vCash, then.

I'd rather suggest some sort of PCCL credits, than vCash.

Many people ended up losing big amounts of vCash in the PCPL. Also, it gives an unfair advantage to those teams that have a large amount of vCash.

Simbazz

Chairman of Selectors
I don't think Sohum means buying teams etc.

I think he means more along the lines of prizes, or maybe wages for those who are active or whatever.

McLOVIN

Chairman of Selectors
No, he is doing what IPL is doing. Dumping all the players in one basket, excluding the captains. And re drafting

McLOVIN added 3 Minutes and 27 Seconds later...

btw, I just thought of this. Next to player's prices, put their activity lvl!

McLOVIN said:
And each team captain should receive certain amount base money, + extra money based on their position in the league.

And also, to add to that ▲, count in their team thread activity lvl

Users who are viewing this thread