FOOTBALL Pes 2012

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
PES 12's off pitch (and on pitch come to that) presentation is galaxies ahead of Fifa's. You need to close this gap fast EA. ;) Does BaL have all this stuff as well?

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The Pes2011 BAL was just amazing. Compared to PES2010 BAL was just too good. Very good off-field presentation. Backroom team talks too. I wish I could play it.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It seems that the La Liga is fully licensed for this game. That is nice to hear, but I wish they do it to the BPL too.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
So, anybody else got this? Thoughts?

this is my first year switching to PES from Fifa, and I love it! Just has the passion of soccer (football for you brits ;) ). When you score a goal, you feel like celebrating :p

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
So, anybody else got this? Thoughts?

this is my first year switching to PES from Fifa, and I love it! Just has the passion of soccer (football for you brits ;) ). When you score a goal, you feel like celebrating :p

I considered getting it but the main reason I got FIFA instead is I believe FIFA has vastly superior modes and I need EPL licensing.

PES still has funner and more realistic gameplay.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
it's called an option file Don ;)

Huh?

----------

If you mean changing the teams and leagues in the option file, really can't be bothered. PES has better gameplay, but not by much, not enough to go edit everything to perfection. And I doubt you can get the real kits.

Covvy

Panel of Selectors
You can download an option file onto your ps3 made by Pes users which will give you official everything :)

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
I considered getting it but the main reason I got FIFA instead is I believe FIFA has vastly superior modes and I need EPL licensing.

PES still has funner and more realistic gameplay.

Fifa's gameplay is very realistic this year (forget those arcadey pre release videos - they were all set on amateur; the full game on Professional or above is like real football). All reviews are saying so - some people, probably kids, are bemoaning the fact that the game has a slower more realistic pace and are demanding a return to Fifa 11's engine. STFU is what I say to them! There are only two areas where PES is better: BAL and overall presentation.

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Yeah they fixed the dribbling and the defending is better than PES now. PES just feels more realistic now.

FIFA 12 is an awesome game.

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
My only current complaint with the current FIFA is that after some really good work in Fifa 10 and 11 with the lower league teams in England, it seems to have taken a step backwards.

Nearly every team in the lower leagues now spends the majority of the game passing it back and forward between their wingers with no penetration unless they're losing. I quite literally watched some crappy league 1 team pass the ball around uninterupted for 33mins of a 6min a half game (this was when trying to play as just 1 player). It's also not the only game breaker in that aspect of FIFA as I have aluded to earlier. I could play about with the slider's, but I shouldn't have to. Default settings should already be the closest thing to replicating Football.

The last two FIFA's at least did half decent jobs of replicating the poorer standard of football lower down the leagues and making it a more physical game. While this one has done an excellent job of allowing the user and top teams to play better football but at the expense of completely ruining the lower league game. Which is a shame, because it's all very well having hundreds of leagues, but not if half of them are a waste of time.

MasterBlaster76

ICC Chairman
My only current complaint with the current FIFA is that after some really good work in Fifa 10 and 11 with the lower league teams in England, it seems to have taken a step backwards.

Nearly every team in the lower leagues now spends the majority of the game passing it back and forward between their wingers with no penetration unless they're losing. I quite literally watched some crappy league 1 team pass the ball around uninterupted for 33mins of a 6min a half game (this was when trying to play as just 1 player). It's also not the only game breaker in that aspect of FIFA as I have aluded to earlier. I could play about with the slider's, but I shouldn't have to. Default settings should already be the closest thing to replicating Football.

The last two FIFA's at least did half decent jobs of replicating the poorer standard of football lower down the leagues and making it a more physical game. While this one has done an excellent job of allowing the user and top teams to play better football but at the expense of completely ruining the lower league game. Which is a shame, because it's all very well having hundreds of leagues, but not if half of them are a waste of time.

There is definitely an issue with the lower league teams who, as you've said, spend too much time passing the ball, when a cross is on. Worse, they often do it when a pass is on and the sliders seem to have little effect. On PC at least, the modders will eventually sort that out - EA's latest patch seems to have screwed the game up for a lot of people - online especially sounds worse than it already was. ;)

For anyone who hasn't played Fifa PC since the new patch was released, upon loading Origin, act fast to cancel the update you can see it downloading and make sure that you click 'clear download' as well. That will protect your game from this patch, which sounds to me like the worst patch ever released. Not good enough, EA.

If playing as one player with a lower league team, when you see a shooting opportunity, tell the idiots to shoot with the 'suggest shot' button. You shouldn't have to, but it's better than nothing, eh? :)

Users who are viewing this thread