Phil, you are the man - & something I created

Carter

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
I like the files you've made man, especially the ODI batting configs for the CPU.

I'm a long time PSX player and I only just got the PC version last week and I was used to boring crappy ODI's but with your patch it makes it incredibly realistic!

I'm only just starting to look at the configs and other stuff with the TIM editor, so hopefully I can make some sort of contribution to this site!

First of all on my agenda will be a new scoreboard for the 'Gabba (Brisbane) obviously because I live in Brisbane. I don't like the ball too so I'll see what I can do about that.

If anyone cares, by mixing various names in the commentary files I created a perfect Lehmann (for D.S. Lehmann of course) and Martyn is under the English commentary folder (you probably know that one).

So if anyone wants me to post the Lehmann sound on this site I will, but then again maybe it's been created already.

Carter

School Cricketer
I've made the updated Australia squad with updated commentary for a few players but my floppy disk drive isn't working (i use another PC to play Shane Warne's) so I'll see what I can do.

zimrahil (old)

Club Cricketer
thanks for your comments Carter :)

Incase you are confused, I post under the name of zimrahil, but Ste uses my real name to upload my patches. This has been brought up in a previous thread, so sorry for any confusion. I may create a new user name using my real name !!

Please send me your Lehmann file to [email protected]

many thanks

Carter

School Cricketer
Alright guys I've created 4 sound files so far, and they are...

- Lehmann
- Maher (Jimmy Mahar, QLD opening batsman)
- MacGill
- Vincent

I'll zip 'em up and send them to the website guy.

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
I think you are doing a great job very quickly. We hope that you bring in some fresh ideas to which all from this site can work out.

Please send the files to [email protected]

Carter

School Cricketer
Alright guys, BLC Editor and SWed recognize the sounds alright but when it gets into the game and say, Darren Lehmann hits a single it would say "single there to" and it would crash.

However I create someone like Mark Richardson for NZ or Ryan Campbell for Australia and it recognizes the sounds fine (using SA and WI sounds respectively).

Any ideas on how to get this them to work because I am baffled. I've checked the frequency and all that jazz and I really want this to work.

I'll send it to you guys, tell me if it works ok?

Saptarshi

Club Cricketer
I think you are giving some sort of pause after the player names are over. These make the names longer and the problems start. I have also seen that BLC does not like player with long names ,since even I had a problem similar with Wickramasinghe. so I reduced the time limit by just saying "Wickramasin" and it worked correctly. Just try something like this.

Also the problem could be with the frequency but a s you say you have already checked it....

Carter

School Cricketer
I dont think thats the problem but I'll see what happens.

Carter

School Cricketer
bad news, I shortened the file from .66 to .49 and it still crashes. I'm 100% sure its not the frequency because I've checked it and checked it and its 16 bit mono.

Carter

School Cricketer
well guys I'm pretty sure its something to do with Sound Recorder which is the program I used to make the files.

I downloaded the commentary pack (the one dated 16/7/01) and all the sounds on them actually worked.

So if the guy who made these is on here, what program did you use to make the sounds and is there anything special you did to make them work?

Users who are viewing this thread