" Piracy "

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
That's what Bollywood Stars are on TV and shows saying same and the law is very much strict this days for culprits who sell piracy.

it's shocking they are so much alerting. i was really very much shocked to see the Slumdog Millionaire DVD in market so bad :( it's very difficlut to get rid out of thhis crime . no-one should buy pirated cd's Dvd's :(

Last edited:

MacWorld

Club Cricketer
*JOKE* I agree, i dont buy pirate DVD's If you know what i mean.*JOKE*

I do agree with the above but i do know that its want customers want and companys havent delivered yet. They should provide movies earlier and even for free with ads etc... to make the money back.

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
But the Piracy software and Movies sales has decreased at least in our area we complaint about him to the local police and Mumbai police are really strict against Piracy.

Last edited:

Sureshot

Executive member
Then use Open Office. I'll let this thread stay on, but remember our strict rules on piracy.

Personal opinion to come...

I despise piracy, with a passion too. It's stealing, thievery, what ever you want to call it. I shall never support it and will always do my bit to combat the thieves. Idiots miss the delicious irony when they say, "They are my favourite band and i have all their albums from this great torrent". So, you love the band, yet you steal from them? Well done, good on you.

Someone goes in to a shop, steals a bottle of vodka. Someone clicks on a link, steals an album. Same thing. Both thieves.

Last edited:

mukund_nadkarni

Club Cricketer
Don't use MSOffice either, but sometimes really don't have any choice! Anyways I think I should use Open Office now as that is free.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Then use Open Office. I'll let this thread stay on, but remember our strict rules on piracy.

Personal opinion to come...

I despise piracy, with a passion too. It's stealing, thievery, what ever you want to call it. I shall never support it and will always do my bit to combat the thieves. Idiots miss the delicious irony when they say, "They are my favourite band and i have all their albums from this great torrent". So, you love the band, yet you steal from them? Well done, good on you.

Someone goes in to a shop, steals a bottle of vodka. Someone clicks on a link, steals an album. Same thing. Both thieves.
Yeah but I was talking about Windows. Nevertheless I still am against piracy, but seeing my own example I see that I shall be able to readily pay for my Windows when I grow up, but atm its so overpriced it gets a bit difficult.

mukund_nadkarni

Club Cricketer
I really don't understand why my post was deleted!
Where can I check the forum rules? I'm going through the FAQ.

EDIT :Ok I got it

2) No Warez or Illegal Software: This includes, but is not restricted to, linking to pirated software, posting content with the intent to encourage such behaviour, and suggesting means through which such software may be obtained.

Guess that makes arguing in favour of piracy quite impossible.

Last edited:

mukund_nadkarni

Club Cricketer
If I was as rich as Bill Gates, I'd buy every DVD under the sun. I'd also let my favourite band know in no uncertain terms how much I love them by buying their DVDs a hundred times over. And of course I'd hope they would love me for that as well.

Leggie

Chairman of Selectors
There are some legal torrents you know. Those are the only ones I have and will ever download :cool:

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Actually, it's very different, although the law says it's the same. To start with, vodka is very much a physical quantity that is tangible. That's how it was with CD's. I'd agree with you if you said this in the age of CD's. That said, the law agrees with you and until we take a good, hard look at the law and its flaws, piracy is illegal.

Software piracy, one can argue, is as much because of the software developers as it is because of the cheap consumers. Vendors have not estimated the supply-demand curve correctly, which is why they charge exorbitant prices. If you look at it, the cost of manufacturing software after development is minimal, especially with physical media being phased out. Why is software expensive? Because of heavy advertisement.

Developers have to get paid, but I think businesses underestimate the extra revenue they would gain from on-the-fence buyers. For example, if you were relatively technologically savvy and were looking for a new OS, would you rather get Linux (for free) or Windows 7 (for something like $300)? Most people would choose Linux unless they got an educational discount or something. However, in the case that Windows 7 was available for about $150 (about $20 more than OS X Leopard is right now) a lot of the fence sitters would be seriously considering 7.

Just my 2 cents, but I think in the next decade, we will be seeing some radical change to the way the music industry works, and maybe price cuts from the software industry as well following the recession.

Sureshot

Executive member
Actually, it's very different, although the law says it's the same. To start with, vodka is very much a physical quantity that is tangible. That's how it was with CD's. I'd agree with you if you said this in the age of CD's. That said, the law agrees with you and until we take a good, hard look at the law and its flaws, piracy is illegal.

It's all about ownership. The shopkeeper owns the vodka as much as the software company owns the game/software. Interestingly, there was a music website I saw that was giving music away for free, except they had adverts that you had to watch, etc to pay for it, I can see them being successful.

You've brought up price, this is an issue I've never thought could vindicate piracy. If you can't afford something then you don't get it, simple. Most people pirate because they can and because it's free, not to do with price.

mukund_nadkarni

Club Cricketer
You've brought up price, this is an issue I've never thought could vindicate piracy. If you can't afford something then you don't get it, simple. Most people pirate because they can and because it's free, not to do with price.

I really doubt that. If a person had enough money why would he waste time and money downloading stuff. Also what is the true worth of any software, money wise, if a software can be copied and sold at the fraction of the price at which the software maker sells it?
And people who can't afford shouldn't be deprived of anything simply because they don't have the money. If it's possible for them to have it they should. Knowledge and tools should be available to everyone. Equal opportunities?

Users who are viewing this thread