Matches Posted PlanetCricket's Journey to World Cup: India vs PlanetCricket

We'll bat first given the pitch, disappointing to see no spin available for me and our other bowlers though :p. Hopefully our pacers can take the wickets and we can be economical.

PlanetCricket, who had chose to bat after winning the toss, are 154 for two in just 25 overs (RR: 6.16) thanks to a responsible 59 off 49 balls from the captain Aman Kumar, who struck nine fours, many of them straight back past the bowler, and a couple of sixes.

The visitors were given a great start with an opening stand of 94 between @themusketeer Aman Kumar and @Samuels Punani, which was ended in the 12th over by Bracewell, who had Aman Kumar caught behind by Latham down the leg side having faced 40 balls and hit nine fours.

Orton @Umair2000 and Punani shared the second wicket stand of 47 off 44 balls before Punani (49) getting bowled off Bracewell again, picking up his second wicket.

f6WltXm.png

A great this is by our top order. Aman and Punani again gave us a solid start , 94 in 12 overs is more than what we asked for then Punani and Orton build onto that start. Let's see what happens next.

Orton and @sathishsky Sathish maintained the flow of runs adding 39 off 73 balls before the latter was bowled by left-arm paceman Bolt with 180 on the board in the 31st. Orton reached his first half-century in his first match when he turned Sodhi for a single to deep long leg, having struck twelve fours. He made 73 off 94 deliveries before becoming third victim of Bracewell.

Powerplay Taken

AYzPeJz.png

In New Zealand's reply Martin Guptill provided a sound start with a 85-run stand in ten overs. Latham was then caught at cover off @sathishsky Sathish Kumar off @greymatter776 Chelackal after being expensive in his first over giving away 14 runs and Williamson was caught at short cover off @EARAgAV Queen with the score at 102 for three in eleven overs.

McCullum clipped Prathik for two consecutive fours through the on-side in the 18th over. But he departed shortly after for 18 of just 9 balls, miscuing a drive to extra cover off @SamP Parkinson. Guptill and Neesham however, seem to chase the total easily, putting on 50 off 49 deliveries.

WwVRBm6.png

New Zealand vs Planet Cricket

Planet Cricket in New Zealand
Played at Basin Reserve, Wellington
19 November 2014
Toss: Planet Cricket won the toss and chose to bat
Result: New Zealand won by 5 wickets
MoM: JDS Neesham

R2Ap0sN.png

PlanetCricket captain Aman Kumar said: "When you play against a strong side with the likes of Guptill, Williamson, McCullum, it's very difficult to defend. But we've released pressure too early on them in the first 10 overs or so and let them build a foundation.

"Guptill's one of those players. If he stays in for any length of time, he's scoring big runs. Neesham batted really good under pressure as well, they exiled us big time in the middle of the innings."

PC Batting ; NZ Bowling ; NZ Batting ; PC Bowling

Run Rate Worm Chart ; Cumulative Innings Analysis ; Over by Over Analysis

Last edited:
A pretty awful outing while defending the total. Our pacers didnt impressed at all and leaked runs with economy of over 7 whereas spinners able to restrict them on not so favouring pitch.

Pretty happy with our batting performance. Both openers and debutant scored runs and lower order ended the innings on high.

Looking forward to giving tough fight in next match.

Very interested in following this League/Legion, is it ok if I play @swacker ?
Will bowl whatever you like, lazy left and right hand wrist spin off two paces, or just fast late hooping right arm seam, I think I have a few years of cricket left in me.
Thanks, will watch anyway if I can't, am interested in how Punani goes particularly.

Users who are viewing this thread