Player Database - Live download and conversion tool

Oli Norwell

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
(taken from www.cricketcoachgame.com)

In what must be a first for cricket management simulations, Rockingham Software have today launched a system whereby users can download the latest official player database direct from Rockingham Software's official database server.

Users can download the latest player database via the interactive section of the site. The database is provided as a comma separated text file, to allow users to easily manipulate the file and potentially write database editors.

Also released is a utility to convert the downloaded text file into a binary file suitable for use in the latest release of Cricket Coach 2007. This will allow users to edit players and then create a database file for use in their version of Cricket Coach 2007.

A online public database editor is currently being prepared, and should be available soon. This unique editor will allow the community to build a combined player database. The best additions to this database would then be incorporated into the official editor.

Hooper

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Good news, but it still won't make me play the game anymore - just to easy...

KBC

Panel of Selectors
Awesome!, Simply Awesome!, Will check it Right Now.

stubby555

School Cricketer
Can anybody tell me please whether the database builder tool is compatible with the latest patch? If so, maybe somebody could tell me what I am doing wrong as I am unable to convert any changes I make into a file the game can utilise.

What format does the file need to be saved in once edited? I have tried csv, xls & txt but they all produces files of around 789mb once converted rather than the 3000mb I am anticipating.

Also, do I need to rename the database builder tool to be able to locate the file in question?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

white rose

School Cricketer
Hi Stubby,

I've also had the same problem as you with the file size, I cannot get it to go anywhere near 3000mb!!

I have not tried using the converter on the newly patched CC 2007, but I will have a try over the weekend and get back to you.

I had problems when the database was loaded into the game of having lots of fake names! Have you found this??

White Rose

stubby555

School Cricketer
White Rose, thanks for the reply

There was a typo in my last post in that the file size should have read 3,000kb or 3mb & not 3,000mb!! Anyhow, as you have found, when the file size is not correct the game does seem to generate a whole host of fake names.

When I convert the file downloaded straight from the Cricket Coach website (i.e. having made no changes) the conversion progress is fine, yet when I then attempt to resave the file, the problems occur. I am wondering, therefore, whether I am saving in the wrong format.

Could somebody suggest how the file should be saved please to rectify this?

Thanks.

white rose

School Cricketer
Re. 3000 mb!!! We both knew what we meant :p

About the file format, I emailed Oli Norwell about this, and he generated a file for me through his database builder which was a CSV delimited file, but was the required file size. Unfortunately, the fake names were still there :noway

Users who are viewing this thread