Player Discussion

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Online Cricket Games Owned
A maiden first class century, this guy will never forget :p

Isar.jpg

Even if it was against the MCC. Tamim Iqbal also hit 405 in that match with Naz scoring 105 as we made 1122/4. Looks like he'll be playing in the test series with England :p

kunal25184

Club Cricketer
End of magnificient career

The important thing was his SR throughout the career.
Nearly 70 in test and 104 in ODI's.

Will be missing such a opener as he has retired in 2018 season.

jacobfelix

International Coach
ICC06 - 2040 season , Playing as Surrey

Ow...Damn it :facepalm....A.Williams missed out on a couple of milestones.

Way back, in my 2008 season, Scott Newman had made 288 in a CC game against Essex. Over the seasons that record remained untouched. 32 seasons later, i.e in my 2040 season, my overseas player SouthAfrican opener Andrew Williams came so close to Newman's record but misses it :(.....also missing a possible triple hundred as well. :noway

99292440.jpg

Last edited:

Dondogz

Club Cricketer
Sorta related, but can someone indulge me of to how to pronounce Ryan ten Doeschate?

Chewie

BCCI President
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
ryan ten does-cha-te

----------

pronounced kinda like ten does carter

Chewie

BCCI President
Yea that's how I used to say it, but when he played over here in the HRV cup the commentators were pronouncing it like that. Took a while for me to get used to it :p

Dondogz

Club Cricketer
Watching him last night live, I think was the only person in the crowd who could say his name. Was cheering him all night!:spy

His bowling in ICC is underrated IMO.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
He's more of a batting all-rounder but I reckon he's a pretty good T20 bowler.

And I always used to pronounce it ten Doechatay or something like that but once he started playing in the Big Bash, I learnt how to pronounce it correctly.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
Wow, Tamim Iqbal! Does ████ all in ODI's for the past 2 years, averages of 23 and 26 over the last 2 seasons, only 500 odd runs and only 4 fifties in those 23 games with no centuries, scores only 9 in the first ODI against England and then against all the odds scores a double century, at a SR of about 150 as Naz also scores a century in an unbelievable total. Big turn around from the 180 all out last game. Although Iqbal's form has been really good,, this has been his best year for about 3 or 4 seasons now, his form (recent first): 215 (ODI), 9 (ODI), 12 (T20I), 53* (Test), 182 (Test), 33 (One Day), 69* (Test), 66 (Test), 405 (FC), 26 (FC)

Iqbal_200.jpg

----------

Then Shuvo takes 7/34 as we bowl them out for 142. Iqbal's double century moved him up to 6 in the ODI Batting Rankings and Naz's century put him up to 1st. Shuvo's 7fer moved him up to 9th.

Shuvo has been excellent, 65 wickets @ 26.58 in 18 Tests and 68 wickets @ 23.71 in 42 ODI's.

6ry4nj

International Coach
ryan ten does-cha-te

----------

pronounced kinda like ten does carter

Yes I always assumed Dutch, being so closely related to German, would pronounce "sch" the same way ie. "sh". But then I heard some football commentator who seemed to know what he was doing, saying "ENT-skidder" (for 'Entschede' of course), so I was inclined to change my view. Thanks for confirming it. Can you just also confirm where the emphasis is, and whether the 's' has an 's' or a 'z' sound? So:

1. Is it "DERZ-car-ter" or "derz-CAR-ter"?
2. Is it "derz-car-ter" or "der-scar-ter"?

(I've been saying "DERZ-car-ter")

Chewie

BCCI President
I think the emphasis is on the CAR. And I'd probably say it's a s sound. Might be better to find sime footage of the hrv cup or big bash on youtube where he's playing.

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
lol, just give up. Call him what you want. Although it was always the same with Edin Dzeko, I never knew how to pronounce it correctly.

6ry4nj

International Coach
Fairly sure it's ED-in JEH-ko. 'Z' is a soft 'j' sound - like the 'si' in vision - and the 'D' turns it into a standard English 'hard' 'J' (ie. as in 'joke').:D

@Chewie: Yes, der-SCAR-ter is a possible. Of course it's also possible the commentator didn't have it exactly right. In the Entschede example, I'm fairly sure it's ENT-skuh-duh not Ent-SKUH-duh or Ent-SKEH-duh. Fairly sure...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread