IPL Players advised to skip the IPL

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Cricket: Players advised to skip the IPL - Cricket - NZ Herald News

New Zealand involvement in the Indian Premier League has been thrown into serious doubt.

The Herald understands that within the next 24 hours, the players' associations of New Zealand, Australia, England and South Africa will strongly recommend their players pull out of the IPL, due to start in Mumbai on March 12.

Would be a shame for the players if they had to miss out on a big payday. Although, I really wouldn't be surprised to see some players still go over (which would show nothing but double standards IMO). What I didn't like however is this:

NZC will likely come under massive pressure from IPL commissioner Lalit Modi and the BCCI, Indian cricket's governing body, to persuade the players to travel.

Vaughan fought hard to increase the numbers of New Zealanders playing in the IPL, a number that could decrease if there were mass pull-outs, with the existing three-year contracts due to end after this tournament with no guarantee of renewal.

Yeah, just make yourself look like more of a fool.

P

pcfan123

Ofc its double standards if they go. Bombs have just gone off and there have been threats from different terrorist/political groups.

If this was any other subcontinent country or without the pay day, you can be damn sure no one would go.

khalek

Panel of Selectors
Hope most of the foreign players skip this season and it turns out to be a crap tournament.

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
The South African tour is going on. If there was concern why are they still playing?

Not read the article so do not know if the threat is only during IPL days.

P

pcfan123

I think the threat was towards the IPL or at least cricket in specific.

Isnt the Hockey WC going on? Funny how no one cares about that, not even the terrorists :laugh

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Lalit modi has said that it will be held in India. Anyway the market is Indian audience. So even if some of the foreign players pullout , it will be not a problem

If foreign players do pull out from IPL, i will prefer watching Ekta Kapoor's soaps than IPL.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
The Indian players will definitely play in the IPL, and so the IPL can definitely keep itself afloat with the revenues. In India, T20 even if its without the foreign players will manage to attract eyeballs.

P

pcfan123

That remains to be seen. If foreign players do not play I think it will drastically affect the ratings.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
The Indian players will definitely play in the IPL, and so the IPL can definitely keep itself afloat with the revenues. In India, T20 even if its without the foreign players will manage to attract eyeballs.

Of course it will, just like it has in every country.

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
It will effect the rating outside India, maybe a touch or two in India though. But losing ALL the International players will definetly be a big blow. I think atm Modi is trying to flex his muscles and convince the Players Assosciation by coming to India. If there is a major pullout, then we can expect another relocation. But this time where to?

Users who are viewing this thread