IPL Players advised to skip the IPL

satyam

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
It will effect the rating outside India, maybe a touch or two in India though. But losing ALL the International players will definetly be a big blow. I think atm Modi is trying to flex his muscles and convince the Players Assosciation by coming to India. If there is a major pullout, then we can expect another relocation. But this time where to?

There will be no relocation. Outside just accounts for 5 to 10 % of the revenue

satyam added 2 Minutes and 24 Seconds later...

Of course it will, just like it has in every country.
As far as revenue is concerned world cricket needs India. India doesn't needs world cricket. India needs only team to play.

Ari

International Cricketer
Hope they don't go and then they add a 3rd test against Australia, one can dream.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
As far as revenue is concerned world cricket needs India. India doesn't needs world cricket. India needs only team to play.

So India will just play itself then? Sounds fun.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
People will come. Countries have toured India numerous times in the past and there have been no problems. The current SA series is going on and there's no issues over there. NZA came here over the summer. I went to watch Bond bowl in Chennai and after the days play the players actually walked around on the streets before heading to a restaurant to eat. No big deal.

Have you seen the security at cricket grounds? At hotels? Absolutely crazy.

Insomniac

Title Recipient
It will effect the rating outside India, maybe a touch or two in India though. But losing ALL the International players will definetly be a big blow. I think atm Modi is trying to flex his muscles and convince the Players Assosciation by coming to India. If there is a major pullout, then we can expect another relocation. But this time where to?
Pakistan.

:p

Chetan0304

Chairman of Selectors
It's quite straight, if you don't find it safe enjoy sitting home and watch other's play.

IPL WILL take place, any how, if foreign players come or not.

Modi is a legend ! :hpraise

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
^ Lalit Modi has a new fan? :eek:

On topic though, compromise is always gonna be there on the cards. Its good for all parties. Kya bolta (What do you feel) Chety?

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Modi has said that the tournament wont be relocated inspite of the players pulling out. Most likely, the pull out wont happen because Modi has given a veiled threat that the players risk their participation in future IPL's if they pull out inspite of adequate security assurances. So Modi has almost check-mated them and it would be a big surprise if the players really pull out (who would want to forsake easy big money for a few days of work).

rahuldravidfan

International Cricketer
Agreed with Sai on this. And I repeat what I said in another thread. A compromise is imminent :)

P

pcfan123

Because of the Indian general elections there was not enough security to go around

P

pcfan123

No this year there have been some threats from Shiv Sena (political group) and a threat from some Indian version of the Taliban. Threats which have been deemed credible by English security experts.

Users who are viewing this thread