Tutorial: Playing career mode in other nations

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Am I right in saying that, since the SA Domestic teams have no on disc link, if I download them and start a career as above, I won't have the problem of batsmen bowling etc.

No, that is incorrect. To use them in career mode, as it stands, they still have to be 'linked' to the on-disc attributes.

It is too complicated to explain the exact details, but you would need to replicate alphabetically ordered lists where the SA domestic teams would have the same roles as the on-disc teams.

BagoZA

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
No, that is incorrect. To use them in career mode, as it stands, they still have to be 'linked' to the on-disc attributes.

It is too complicated to explain the exact details, but you would need to replicate alphabetically ordered lists where the SA domestic teams would have the same roles as the on-disc teams.

Ah, I understand, will wait for the patch before I attempt this.

Franna1017

School Cricketer
So I've done this, but the team wear the coloured clothing when playing a 4-day match... Any way to fix this so that 4-day matches are played in whites ?

_Sam_

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
England
So I've done this, but the team wear the coloured clothing when playing a 4-day match... Any way to fix this so that 4-day matches are played in whites ?

Go through the teams in CA and edit their default uniforms for the FC match type.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Only 6 teams? And I created all the 27 Indian state teams...
Would be good to see more customization possible there. Let's see what they come up with when it's patched.

not enough for india, but there are 18 teams in english county :) 2 divisions of 9 so replicates ranji top 2 tiers?

kushari

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
yeah 18 teams is pretty cool for an indian domestic structure.

@chandrakif buddy, I downloaded your created Ranji Teams and replaced them with existing English Domestic Teams. I have selected Delhi as my base team. Now when I am playing career mode Parwinder Awana who is the no 11 in Line up, is not being bowled a single over by AI, where as Unmukt Chand and Gautam Gambhir is doing lots of bowling and even taking lots of wickets.

Any idea how can I adjust the player so that I dont get these unrealistic results??

BTW, I have marked 5 Star to all 58 Teams Created by you..

dhump

Club Captain
Profile Flag
Pakistan
@chandrakif buddy, I downloaded your created Ranji Teams and replaced them with existing English Domestic Teams. I have selected Delhi as my base team. Now when I am playing career mode Parwinder Awana who is the no 11 in Line up, is not being bowled a single over by AI, where as Unmukt Chand and Gautam Gambhir is doing lots of bowling and even taking lots of wickets.

Any idea how can I adjust the player so that I dont get these unrealistic results??

Wait for the patch to come it will solve this bug.

chandrakif

School Cricketer

Thanks bro I'm glad you like the teams. Just like dhump said above, the issue is caused by the game and will be fixed soon, I can guarantee you neither Gambhir nor Unmukt Chand are good at bowling in the Delhi team.

I haven't got a chance to play yet as I might receive the game from the UK only this week end, but yeah, career mode with Delhi is where I'm headed for too.

The patch should not be up before long now

Last edited:

kushari

International Coach
Thanks bro I'm glad you like the teams. Just like dhump said above, the issue is caused by the game and will be fixed soon, I can guarantee you neither Gambhir nor Unmukt Chand are good at bowling in the Delhi team.

I haven't got a chance to play yet as I might receive the game from the UK only this week end, but yeah, career mode with Delhi is where I'm headed for too.

The patch should not be up before long now

@chandrakif Thanks a lot for your efforts in CA buddy..Not everyone is talented or have patience to make these players in CA..You have put these hard work for us to enjoy the game we love..I hope you will keep on updating the CA from time to time..

BTW, can you confirm if Manoj Tiwari is in Bengal Team or not, I think I have not seen him in Bengal Team list (Not Sure may be I overlooked it).

Once again thanks a lot for your creations in CA..

pudsy33

School Cricketer
I put Ireland in the career mode list, but when I go to make my player I can't select them :noway

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
^^ Exactly my question. I replaced Zimbabwe with Nepal, is it not possible to have a career with them? (As International base team) @MattW @BigAntStudios

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
^^ Exactly my question. I replaced Zimbabwe with Nepal, is it not possible to have a career with them? (As International base team) @MattW @BigAntStudios
Basically, just pick 'Zimbabwe' from the list as your international affiliation and it will result in you getting Nepal as the team.

The issue is that the display in that menu isn't updated to show the teams from the career team lists.

Obviously I haven't played right the way through to international selection to test this - but in the selection screen and the simulated matches at international level, you do get the other teams.

So I'll tag @HBK619 in case they haven't picked this one up.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
So if I understand correctly, if I replace Zimbabwe with Nepal in Team List in editors it will still show Zimbabwe but then Nepal is the one I will get to play for (if at all I do well in career mode :p)

Users who are viewing this thread