Playstation 3 Discussion

What is the most important aspect of Playstation 3?

• Total voters
Playstation 3 is three times faster than the Xbox 360?

Some interesting next-gen gossip has been sent my way by a reliable source. As we approach E3, the specs for both the Xbox 360 and PS3 are becoming more known among the developers, spurring some major chest thumping and ?My CPU is bigger than your CPU? talk.

The consensus among these learned types is that the two systems have comparable GPUs despite using different companies (ATI and NVidia), but that the CPUs are a completely different story.

Word from the geek is that the PS3?s CPU is about three times faster than the Xbox 360?s CPU. While this seems like a clear cut victory for Sony, it does little to end the constant debate about which system will be able to provide better games. The problem with Sony?s super-fast CPU is that not all of its power may actually be usable in games. Bottom line: There could be a lot of extraneous horsepower under the PS3?s hood that?s mainly for show, not actual gaming.

Last edited:
PS3 Without Controllers?

Recently, Phil Harrison, vice president for SCEE spoke with the Australian Financial Review. He told them that Sony is currently investigating motion sensing technology, hoping to implement it into the new PS3 console. The EyeToy, a motion-sensing digital camera, has been used as an early test for this technology.

Harrison stated, ?EyeToy was a signpost for things in the future. If you can attach very high-resolution, low-cost video cameras you can deduce some quite interesting things about their users. We'll be able to extrapolate eye movement and gestural recognition, more complicated finger movement, and the logical next step of that is to deduce from a person's facial expression and demeanor what their emotion state is.?

He later discussed more possibilities for the motion sensing, such as menus that could be controlled by moving your hand. He compared it to the computers in Minority Report. Because the technology is only in the beginning spaces, it may not be seen in the PS3. There may not be enough time for Sony to have motion-sensing part of the PS3, but Harrison wants it.

Personally, I think this is the best idea so far. It would be so amazing to be able to play games without any controllers. Maybe gamers could actually move their legs to walk, and fight each other by moving. I can?t wait until I hear more information on this technology.

:) So It could be for PS3 or for PS4 (Don't Know Yet)

There has to be a controller somewhere. Every game as a Motion Sensor can't be good all the time.

Price Update:
PS3:$300

PSX:$700-900

PS3: Regular gaming system

PSX: Total home entertainment system with PS3 - which can work as a HD DVD recorder and HD set top digital cable box.

Graphic Update:
Madden NFL 2006 Screenshots for Playstation 3

Attachments

• NFL.jpg
    NFL.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 74
So I think more people will be buying the PS3,not the PSX.

What about everyone here?

It depends if you want the HD recoder and the Cable Box - With the Cable Box and HD Recorder you can record from TV or VCR and turn it into DVD. You can also copy DVD to DVD. If you want all that then you should buy PSX and if you don't then you should buy a regular Playstation 3

Oh cool am Thanks. Well I'm going to buy PSX so I can record some shows from tv and then copy DVD to DVD. ThAT'S COOL THANKS FOR UPDATE

i'll stick with the normal PS3.....dont need to record all that fancy stuff

OK, far more important than pretty renders done on a PC

Specs:

It will support Blu-ray (obviously), DVD+R/W, CD-R/RW
Backwards compatible with the PlayStation 2 and original Playstation
One 3.2GHz Cell processor--total system performance rated at 2.18 teraflops (uh, that's actually about twice what Microsoft is claiming the Xbox 360 will do); it will have 256MB system RAM 3.2GHz, and 256MB GDDR VRAM at 700MHz
The nVidia graphics will be called the RSX ("Reality Synthesizer"), and will trump the Xbox 360 with 1080p (yes, that's a p) graphics support.
There will be a 2.5-inch hard drive (i.e. laptop hard drive) attachmenta first for a Sony launch (no, we don't count the PSX and/or the FF add-on)
Memory Stick Duo slot, and very surprisingly, an SD and CF slots
Bluetooth support with up to seven wireless controllers
Six USB system ports

8389731317563729.JPG

e32005ps3official2005051605324.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread