please help..

181notout

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
seeing as im getting ignored in the Cricket 07 section i thort id post here.. ive recently bought myself a 20" Sony LCD tv that i run my PC through.. that works fine.. i play several games on my pc including Battlefield 2142, Test Drive Unlimited but unfortunatley Cricket 07 does not work...

i shall explain:

the game works fine if i use my old PC monitor however it does not work with my new screen.. the problem is that the tv says that there is "no signal" and no picture shows.

however i know the game has loaded as i can hear the EA intro and i can move blindly through the menus and can enter different menus as well. if i just try to do a quick play match by pressing the "s" key several times (through past experience that seems to just run a quick game)

when i do that, the game then crashes to desktop, but windows task manager says that the game is still running, however i cannot resurrect the minimised window as if the program is not responding... then i have to CTRL ALT DEL the game and end process etc.

and i try again and it doesnt work again..

any thoughts?? its beginning to annoy me now..

and i do apologise for the extremely poor grammar, punctuation and spelling in this post :D

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Have you connected using DVI or HDMI? Or have you used any adaptors in between?

If you have, try connecting directly with analog. Its possible that the game doesnt support HD standards. Also, Do update your graphics drivers to the latest ones.

If it still doesnt work, then if you have an nVidia graphics card, try going into NV control panel and look around for HD settings.

travder92

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Have you connected using DVI or HDMI? Or have you used any adaptors in between?

If you have, try connecting directly with analog. Its possible that the game doesnt support HD standards. Also, Do update your graphics drivers to the latest ones.

If it still doesnt work, then if you have an nVidia graphics card, try going into NV control panel and look around for HD settings.

doubt its HD support.. as thats precisely what im running.. and i can run Cricket 07 fine.

181notout whats your system specs?

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Check the resolution you are running. No signal happens when resolution or refresh rate is set out of limit.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Increase the Game resolution to atleast 1024 x 768.
Prakash had created a patch for this purpose, you can search for it in the downloads section.

If your LCD is wide-screen, i would recommend that you could try a widescreen resolution (eg 1280 x 800)

System specs would help to diagnose the problem further.. .

Cheers :)

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Yeah, give the system specifications. Also, what's the size of your previous monitor?

It would really help to know which source you use to connect to the monitor and whats your graphics card.

vaibhav mehta

Chairman of Selectors
May be you set your monitor to 800*600..First upgrade that and then see your DPI it must be normal..around 96 DPI.
your refresh rate must be around 70 HRTS..
I advice you don't do that all.Just change your XP.When you install new XP firstly attach new Monitor.

181notout

School Cricketer
doubt its HD support.. as thats precisely what im running.. and i can run Cricket 07 fine.

181notout whats your system specs?

yeah sorry for the late reply.. been away for a while..

specs:

AMD Athlon 4200+ X2 (2.2ghz / core)
2GB DDR Ram
nVidia 7600GS 512MB
500+ GB HDD space

to other questions..

no i dont use an HDMI cable.. it used VGA of all things to connect to the PC..

tried updating the drivers, it made my GFX card die and the screen would go funny, so i have rolled back the drivers..

size of previous monitor was 17" - think.. it ran @ 1024 x 768 i think.. the max res. i can get on my new monitor is 1280 x 768

lol edit 2: cannot adjust refresh rates.. tried it.. theyre set by the screen now.. and it wont do any other rate.. its at 60hz.. and ive tried the custom resolution editor and that hasnt worked either...

Last edited:

omkarjere

International Cricketer
yeah sorry for the late reply.. been away for a while..

specs:

AMD Athlon 4200+ X2 (2.2ghz / core)
2GB DDR Ram
nVidia 7600GS 512MB
500+ GB HDD space

to other questions..

no i dont use an HDMI cable.. it used VGA of all things to connect to the PC..

tried updating the drivers, it made my GFX card die and the screen would go funny, so i have rolled back the drivers..

size of previous monitor was 17" - think.. it ran @ 1024 x 768 i think.. the max res. i can get on my new monitor is 1280 x 768

lol edit 2: cannot adjust refresh rates.. tried it.. theyre set by the screen now.. and it wont do any other rate.. its at 60hz.. and ive tried the custom resolution editor and that hasnt worked either...
How do updated drivers kill your card?:idea BTW it shoudn't be a prob running it must be a prob with your new moniter/TV. bcoz I can run it on 1280 x 1024 on my 17" Moniter and that too very well.

181notout

School Cricketer
How do updated drivers kill your card?:idea BTW it shoudn't be a prob running it must be a prob with your new moniter/TV. bcoz I can run it on 1280 x 1024 on my 17" Moniter and that too very well.

i completely agree with you.. the proof is tho that when i installed the new drivers, after about 10 seconds of windows loading at desktop, the screen on both my old monitor and new one would have one MASSIVE graphics glitch where i couldnt use the screen at all..

my old monitor could cope with the max. standard res that ea set ingame, seeing as i didnt need to go any bigger, i didnt customise it.. ill try the new drivers again tho and see what happens..

wish me luck!

UPDATE: new drivers didnt help.. and made my other games crash.. so it has to be the drivers..

Last edited:

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Did you by any chance download the 9-series drivers? Which windows do you have? Or you downloaded 64 bit drivers instead of 32bit or vice versa?
You need these drivers by the way. If these dont work, then i am afraid it may be your graphics card. I dont see a possible problem with the monitor only AND that too with a particular game.

Windows XP : - http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_169.21_whql.html

Windows Vista 32bit : - http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x86_169.25_whql.html

Windows vista 64bit : - http://www.nvidia.com/object/winvista_x64_169.25_whql.html

Remember, you need to completely unistall the previous drivers. Do it from the control panel. And then download Driver sweeper from guru3d.com and use it. AND THEN install the new drivers. I dont see any reason for the drivers to not to work if you select everything right :)

Did you install the monitor drivers? Sometimes they help too!
And another thing, just to make sure, check that the cables are tightly plugged :p

181notout

School Cricketer
First of all thanks for the reply and the effort put into that post!!

maybe i didnt make this clear but my monitor isnt strictly a monitor.. it is a TV.. and it didnt come with any software.. also as mad as it may sound, i actually raised a ticket with EA!! they replied as well!! (SHOCK HORROR) and they basically told me that they never tested the game with tv screens of 20" size, which i find completely bizarre..

@ Kshitiz_Indian:

i didnt completely uninstall the drivers.. thats a good point.. i simply patched the new ones over the top of the old ones.. ill give that a try now and update here once ive given it a go...

thanks again matey!

EDIT: done what was said above and to no avial!.. its beginning to get to me.. maybe EA were right.. the didnt test it on SONY LCD TVS!!! AHHHH

Last edited:

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
But that logic is completely wrong. There isnt anything that should stop the Cricket 07 signal to go to your TV! I'll think about it again and let you know.

Btw, I think you should raise a ticket with nVidia. They are the best guys that can fix it.

181notout

School Cricketer
But that logic is completely wrong. There isnt anything that should stop the Cricket 07 signal to go to your TV! I'll think about it again and let you know.

Btw, I think you should raise a ticket with nVidia. They are the best guys that can fix it.

completely agree with you.. there shouldnt be any reason why it shouldnt work.. im coming to the conclusion that it is my GFX card.. but its expensive to upgrade and pointless in my pc as it needs an overhaul anyway.. and only for this game as well.. although i would reap the rewards in the other games too.. but there is always the possibility that a new card wouldnt fix the problem..

Users who are viewing this thread