Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
What's interesting is to understand the reason why the govt. is taking such a step(if at all this is true) as they know it isn't as easy as the ordinance they brought 'against' the Supreme Court judgement regarding administrative powers of Delhi Govt.

It's not yet official that the central govt is planning on bringing a resolution for the name change. Its just that the media houses and right-wing throwing this rumour out in public to divert attention on something important. Probably the connection between Modi-Adani and latest reports of stock price manipulation and insider trading article released by OCCRP and published by The Guardian & Financial Times.

Why would there be a need for a special session after the monsoon session that got over just less than a month ago? What's so urgent that can't wait till winter session in Nov/Dec? Why can't the govt wait for 2 months for all of this as they already have a majority in both the houses and pass the bills as they like and what difference would it make 2 months in advance? News that started off as 'Early polls' moved to 'One nation one election' spin and now about 'India' to 'Bharat'. Next news will be about introduction of CAA again and probably UCC too. A sudden session in the midst of one of the biggest scam exposure WITH the proof and the govt covering it up with some nonsense diversion in the name of election, country name and other things.

Pattern shows, something that threatens the power of BJP (party in power) will lead to a bigger panic event that creates a big diversion from the actual issue. They have done this in the past and they will do it again. Look out for this and you'll find the pattern yourself.

Such a shame that the same BJP that was so adamant and coercive against Rajiv Gandhi govt. 35 yrs ago on Bofors scam and forced the govt to setup a JPC for investigating the matter is now not even considering themselves responsible to take an informed decision on Adani's case. They are hiding something and they don't want it out in public 6 months prior to election. Btw anyone who comes up with justification that supreme court has appointed an panel to investigate, just take a look at that committee. All them were associated with BJP in some capacity in the past. So no transperancy can be expected from such a panel. Even the so called independent SEBI (Securities & Exchange Board of India) chairman who investigated and found nothing fishy in Adani's case is now employed by NDTV News (owned by Adani Group) as the board director.

When the narrative is set by the ruling govt using the media, that is when things go south. Not the fault of people though, they fall for such a PR & Narrative stunts of the media who indirectly work for the govt.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
What's interesting is to understand the reason why the govt. is taking such a step(if at all this is true) as they know it isn't as easy as the ordinance they brought 'against' the Supreme Court judgement regarding administrative powers of Delhi Govt.

It's not yet official that the central govt is planning on bringing a resolution for the name change. Its just that the media houses and right-wing throwing this rumour out in public to divert attention on something important. Probably the connection between Modi-Adani and latest reports of stock price manipulation and insider trading article released by OCCRP and published by The Guardian & Financial Times.

Why would there be a need for a special session after the monsoon session that got over just less than a month ago? What's so urgent that can't wait till winter session in Nov/Dec? Why can't the govt wait for 2 months for all of this as they already have a majority in both the houses and pass the bills as they like and what difference would it make 2 months in advance? News that started off as 'Early polls' moved to 'One nation one election' spin and now about 'India' to 'Bharat'. Next news will be about introduction of CAA again and probably UCC too. A sudden session in the midst of one of the biggest scam exposure WITH the proof and the govt covering it up with some nonsense diversion in the name of election, country name and other things.

Pattern shows, something that threatens the power of BJP (party in power) will lead to a bigger panic event that creates a big diversion from the actual issue. They have done this in the past and they will do it again. Look out for this and you'll find the pattern yourself.

Such a shame that the same BJP that was so adamant and coercive against Rajiv Gandhi govt. 35 yrs ago on Bofors scam and forced the govt to setup a JPC for investigating the matter is now not even considering themselves responsible to take an informed decision on Adani's case. They are hiding something and they don't want it out in public 6 months prior to election. Btw anyone who comes up with justification that supreme court has appointed an panel to investigate, just take a look at that committee. All them were associated with BJP in some capacity in the past. So no transperancy can be expected from such a panel. Even the so called independent SEBI (Securities & Exchange Board of India) chairman who investigated and found nothing fishy in Adani's case is now employed by NDTV News (owned by Adani Group) as the board director.

When the narrative is set by the ruling govt using the media, that is when things go south. Not the fault of people though, they fall for such a PR & Narrative stunts of the media who indirectly work for the govt.
The 'dead cat' strategy is essential for most governments, particularly those with authoritarian tendencies or aspirations. It's one after another with our government. This week, before schools go back, they say 100s are at risk of falling down. That the Prime Minister was Chancellor and slashed the budgets which could have resolved the issue and a company linked to the Minister for Education's husband pocketed £1 million. That Sunak is funneling more money to companies linked to his wife.

Meanwhile, the media is hyper focussed on the Education Minister on charge swore at the end of an interview or that some other minister said in parliament that they plan life imprisonment for "lefty lawyers" who help migrants.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
The 'dead cat' strategy is essential for most governments, particularly those with authoritarian tendencies or aspirations. It's one after another with our government. This week, before schools go back, they say 100s are at risk of falling down. That the Prime Minister was Chancellor and slashed the budgets which could have resolved the issue and a company linked to the Minister for Education's husband pocketed £1 million. That Sunak is funneling more money to companies linked to his wife.

Meanwhile, the media is hyper focussed on the Education Minister on charge swore at the end of an interview or that some other minister said in parliament that they plan life imprisonment for "lefty lawyers" who help migrants.
Atleast people outside India are aware of this and they know what their govt. is doing, unlike us.

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Democracy as a concept has been perverted the moment media like Murdoch’s ones have been allowed to operate.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Well researched video by Dhruv Rathee on India vs Bharat row. For people who don't understand Hindi, please turn on the English subtitles.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Do you see the security incompetence boiling, which allows such attacks to repeatedly take place against your army, and do you want to hold the Supreme Leader accountable for that?
Replying here.. @CerealKiller

Before I reply to this, I want to make it clear.. I am in no way a BJP supporter. I do not consider myself part of any political party at all since I have not had the opportunity to actually cast my vote. I however will say this that it is a complete failure on the government to stop URI and Pathankot and now this. I however will also say that these incidence have reduced drastically since lets say 10 years ago..

I am born and brought up in Mumbai that has seen so many terror attacks up until 2011. Terror attacks in India have vanished mostly since 2014, do not tell me that is co-incidence. I know what it feels as my dad would travel daily by train and knowing a train had a bomb blast used to give me nightmere. My dad was also stuck in his office close to CST station when "armed gunman from unknown country" were firing at innocents.

This is what I meant in my post as being taking responsibilities for your actions. Please do not tell me that this is not true, Pakistan as a country is struggling and struggling big time. People of Pakistan need to rise up and do something about it. You need to take responsibilities for the actions your government takes. Why safe heaven people who know is also rotting your own country.

This applies to India as well, rise up and stand against hypocrisy. Why was there a celebration in BJP headquarters yesterday when our army officers were killed. Why has PM not spoken or given tributes to them? HE is the first to take credit, why not take responsibility now?

All both the countries want to do is bang chests for stupid reasons.

@CerealKiller -Also one last thing, if a thief robs you, you dont hold your dad accountable or family members accountable, you get better in silence which even though there has been few bumps, India has got better at. They handle themselves and the people who did this heinous crime yesterday, they will be hold accountable for that.

Again not a BJP supporter but I just have a feeling. I just wish there was a stronger opposition in India. BJP won against Congress regime because they were strong. I.N.D.I.A alliance is just a salad tossed up that will eventually rot itself as everyone in that alliance is money and power hungry.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Question: Define 'Strong' opposition?

- ED/IT Raids on Opposition (95% cases against opposition)
- Suspension of opposition party leaders in parliament.
- Expounge the speech of opposition in the parliament.
- No proper screentime for opposition leaders during their speech in parliament on the Lok Sabha TV.
- Buyout mainstream media.
- Interfere in Judicial system (Biased judgements)
- 'Operation Lotus' to split the opposition parties using CBI/IT/ED cases against politicians.
- Build a strong fake news factory and run fake news trends and hate against opposition.
- Take credit for all good things and not credibility for anything that goes south.
- Polarising the society and get them to fight in the name of religion.
- Term the people questioning the govt as anti-national and arrest them.
- Spend crores of money (earned from electrol bonds) in setting a wrong narrative against the opposition.
- No accountability on serious issues and no media covering the news in large scale, be it Manipur, OCCRP report against Adani, Train Crash in Odisha, Multiple attacks in various parts of country on army personnel and no minister has resigned from the govt. taking moral responsibility.
- A bully and hate mongering IT Cell that actually manipulate the minds of the youths on social media.

Many more....

And then ask 'Where is the opposition?' Man, there is no strong opposition or alternative because the govt. didn't let them be. I know some will say even the previous govt did the same thing. NO, if that was the case BJP & RSS and other political parties wouldn't have existed today. There was room for criticism in the past, but if you criticize the govt. today, you will be called anti-national, and will be told to go to Pakistan.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Question: Define 'Strong' opposition?

- ED/IT Raids on Opposition (95% cases against opposition)
- Suspension of opposition party leaders in parliament.
- Expounge the speech of opposition in the parliament.
- No proper screentime for opposition leaders during their speech in parliament on the Lok Sabha TV.
- Buyout mainstream media.
- Interfere in Judicial system (Biased judgements)
- 'Operation Lotus' to split the opposition parties using CBI/IT/ED cases against politicians.
- Build a strong fake news factory and run fake news trends and hate against opposition.
- Take credit for all good things and not credibility for anything that goes south.
- Polarising the society and get them to fight in the name of religion.
- Term the people questioning the govt as anti-national and arrest them.
- Spend crores of money (earned from electrol bonds) in setting a wrong narrative against the opposition.
- No accountability on serious issues and no media covering the news in large scale, be it Manipur, OCCRP report against Adani, Train Crash in Odisha, Multiple attacks in various parts of country on army personnel and no minister has resigned from the govt. taking moral responsibility.
- A bully and hate mongering IT Cell that actually manipulate the minds of the youths on social media.

Many more....

And then ask 'Where is the opposition?' Man, there is no strong opposition or alternative because the govt. didn't let them be. I know some will say even the previous govt did the same thing. NO, if that was the case BJP & RSS and other political parties wouldn't have existed today. There was room for criticism in the past, but if you criticize the govt. today, you will be called anti-national, and will be told to go to Pakistan.

That is absolutely shit show when you ask questions and you are labeled anti-national. But tell me one thing honestly, what is the opposition’s figure? Is it Mamta? Is it Rahul? Is it Sharad? Lalu? Kejriwal?

Who is it? Who are people voting for? Just like people were voting for Modi in 2014. The identity crisis is self made by opposition and most of the time there is a clear self goal.

While BJP has arm twisted a lot of opposition, half of the time they dint have to do anything.

If I was a voter, I want to vote for a figure.. I dont know who that is?

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
That is absolutely shit show when you ask questions and you are labeled anti-national. But tell me one thing honestly, what is the opposition’s figure? Is it Mamta? Is it Rahul? Is it Sharad? Lalu? Kejriwal?

Who is it? Who are people voting for? Just like people were voting for Modi in 2014. The identity crisis is self made by opposition and most of the time there is a clear self goal.

While BJP has arm twisted a lot of opposition, half of the time they dint have to do anything.

As if people voted for Manmohan Singh in 2004 against Atal Bihari Vajpayee, the incumbent PM. Then too there are no face of opposition alliance.

It was Atal Bihari Vajpayee vs ALL

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
As if people voted for Manmohan Singh in 2004 against Atal Bihari Vajpayee, the incumbent PM. Then too there are no face of opposition alliance.

True and a good point. However remember , we are in show biz, politics is now a showbiz. The current lot of people need a figure to follow. Unfortunately Modi is the biggest actor we have seen. If you understand what I am saying

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I have been following politics since the early 2000s. The BJP had first come to power in 1999 (let us discount the initial 13 day mess in 1998) and they seemed to be doing a stellar job. Especially in terms of infra and what not- these were the sort of things the Congress hadn't put their weight on. To an extent, a lot many believed that the BJP, then led by ABP and LK Advani would make an easy comeback in 2004. The anti-incumbency hit them hard not case of the work of the opposition, but cause of an overwhelming sense of over confidence. ABP calling for the elections early also played a part in their mega loss.

Now-the opposition. What we need to understand from 2004 is that the Congress' marketing was based on the brand identity of the 'Common Man'/ Aam Aadmi. They came out with communications that appealed to the masses and convinced them that the BJP had done nothing for their betterment. This was especially true in the typical Commie strong holds. From an Urban perspective, especially the power centers of Mumbai and Delhi, the BJP had performed exceedingly well in providing for the masses.

If the Congress has to come to power, they need to find their appeal. Modi wave won over people in 2014 and the slogan resonated with a lot of people. At that point in time, we needed a strong personality and not a rubber stamp (MMS) under the control of the Gandhi family. Congress, if they can get their act straight- target people where it matters- can be an option. It is difficult, but certainly not impossible.

To a large extent, the BJP knows they haven't kept their promises. They are fretting over the prospect of losing power in Maharashtra as can be clearly seen from the possibility of fielding Modi from Pune

Here' is the opportunity for the Congress!

Most of the elections in India were run on the basis of the Gandhi family- that is until both , Indira and Rajiv were assassinated. Post that, I don't think any party has publicly announced their PM face (bar Modi 2014). In the ruckus of the 1990s, Narasimha Rao emerged as a consensus. During 1996-98, India lost out on some one like Jyoti Basu (who would have made a good PM). Even, the BJP has been guilty of not naming their faces (both Loksabha and State levels). I expect this scenario to continue in 2029 when he BJP itself wont have a face to run the elections on-thought there are some names doing rounds already- Fadnavis, Scindia and Jaishankar (they need a lot of ground work)

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers

Also it was clear race between Sonia’s Congress vs Atals BJP. They had a face, unlike today where it is what we would call as Khichdi

Users who are viewing this thread