Politics Discussion (India)

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Do you see the security incompetence boiling, which allows such attacks to repeatedly take place against your army, and do you want to hold the Supreme Leader accountable for that?
Uncalled for! If you want to stick to this statement, pretty sure a lot of counter-arguments can be made against Pakistan and its incapability on a number of items. It is perhaps the sanity of our armed forces that is preventing us from marching into Lahore and taking up a significant portion of the city.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Uncalled for! If you want to stick to this statement, pretty sure a lot of counter-arguments can be made against Pakistan and its incapability on a number of items. It is perhaps the sanity of our armed forces that is preventing us from marching into Lahore and taking up a significant portion of the city.
I'm the first to call out all the wrongs by our unelected security establishment, from Kargil to Mumbai to the recent attacks, so don’t assume my views please.
What’s preventing India from marching into Pakistan is the prospect of both countries getting nuked into oblivion, there's no other factors.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I'm the first to call out all the wrongs by our unelected security establishment, from Kargil to Mumbai to the recent attacks, so don’t assume my views please.
What’s preventing India from marching into Pakistan is the prospect of both countries getting nuked into oblivion, there's no other factors.
I firmly believe there's nothing wrong in entering Pakistan and destabilizing the elements responsible for POK and other terrorist activities against India. India has done this in the past with the growing concerns relating to Tamils and their attacks in India. Don't think there will be any nuclear aspect from either side here, but the fact remains that some elements need to be catered to in a proper manner by Pakistan. While Kashmir has been the bone of contention for long, subjecting the valley to extremism isn't the way forth. Sending insurgents into the valley isn't going to help the valley residents develop a soft corner. Conversely, Pakistan has always blamed India for the Balochistan debacle- but I don't think we have ever supported militant tendencies in that region.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Conversely, Pakistan has always blamed India for the Balochistan debacle- but I don't think we have ever supported militant tendencies in that region.
Oh yes, you’re innocent little babies, aren’t you.

I firmly believe there's nothing wrong in entering Pakistan and destabilizing the elements responsible for POK and other terrorist activities against India
I'll be cheering for the Indian army if they do it, but they won’t. Pakistan is a useful electioneering instrument, and without those militant elements, it wouldn’t be as effective.
Don't think there will be any nuclear aspect from either side here
If that were the case, there would have already been full-blown war in this century.
That is the only deterrent.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Pakistan is a useful electioneering instrument, and without those militant elements, it wouldn’t be as effective
Fair point! Still feel the onus should be on the Pak army and it's government to weed these out. One of the benefits that you've scored over Afghanistan and Iraq being that the economy and human rights record are better. Else, George Bush might've already made a case there.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
@Targaryen’s post pretty much sums up why the opposition has disintegrated. It’s not a coincidence either as there have been similar tactics employed by right wing parties globally over the last decade to pervert the ethos of democracy with similar ideological and cultural issues, turning politics into a “cheer for your favourite sports team with a star player at the forefront” while bankrolling all of it with money from the wealthy class who gets benefits in various other ways.
Post automatically merged:

Fair point! Still feel the onus should be on the Pak army and it's government to weed these out. One of the benefits that you've scored over Afghanistan and Iraq being that the economy and human rights record are better. Else, George Bush might've already made a case there.

Pardon me if I’m wrong but wasn’t the American support of Pakistan originally because India was a prominent member of the neutral coalition in the Cold War whilst having good ties with the Soviets?

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
We do not (when I say we, I mean the sensible ones) want to march into Pakistan, Pakistan is a country with its own people, marching into Paksitan is not helping. All I am asking and gets me thinking is, do people in Pakistan not see the reality?

Do they not see the country is struggling even after 76 years of independce?
Do they not see that the country keeps harboring terrorists that have done harm to other countries (Hafiz, Osama, etc).
Do they not see the instability that their own country faces?

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Also it was clear race between Sonia’s Congress vs Atals BJP. They had a face, unlike today where it is what we would call as Khichdi
Yeah it was Sonia's UPA against Atals BJP. Unlike now, Hindu Party (BJP) vs Muslim party (Congress). Atleast that is what the narrative is on the ground.

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
To be honest India don't need to march into Pakistan and start a war.
The Pakistan Army and ISI is damaging the country anyway by kidnapping and putting innocent people who supports Imran Khan in jail and torturing them.
India would be smart to stay away from the mess that is Pakistan.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
To be honest India don't need to march into Pakistan and start a war.
The Pakistan Army and ISI is damaging the country anyway by kidnapping and putting innocent people who supports Imran Khan in jail and torturing them.
India would be smart to stay away from the mess that is Pakistan.
To be honest India and Pakistan is a dispute of past. No matter what both countries have gone through, they have been smart and sensible. I really hope India Pakistan does not go through things as Israel Gaza or Ukraine Russia are going through.

It is not time for war politics, it is time for sensible politics which so far I am proud of both nations. Breaks my heart to see what I am seeing in Israel and Gaza, loss of innocent lives at the helm of politics

Master Khan

National Board President
PAK...
Profile Flag
Pakistan
To be honest India and Pakistan is a dispute of past. No matter what both countries have gone through, they have been smart and sensible. I really hope India Pakistan does not go through things as Israel Gaza or Ukraine Russia are going through.

It is not time for war politics, it is time for sensible politics which so far I am proud of both nations. Breaks my heart to see what I am seeing in Israel and Gaza, loss of innocent lives at the helm of politics
A war would be a disaster for both countries. With both countries having nuclear weapons that would be bad idea, To be honest that's the only thing stop these two countries from going to war.
If Palestine had Nuclear weapons then I don't think Israel would dear attack them lol.
India currently are doing really well when it comes to economy so I don't think they will want to start a war with Pakistan who is pretty much on life support now.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Replying here.. @CerealKiller

Before I reply to this, I want to make it clear.. I am in no way a BJP supporter. I do not consider myself part of any political party at all since I have not had the opportunity to actually cast my vote. I however will say this that it is a complete failure on the government to stop URI and Pathankot and now this. I however will also say that these incidence have reduced drastically since lets say 10 years ago..

I am born and brought up in Mumbai that has seen so many terror attacks up until 2011. Terror attacks in India have vanished mostly since 2014, do not tell me that is co-incidence. I know what it feels as my dad would travel daily by train and knowing a train had a bomb blast used to give me nightmere. My dad was also stuck in his office close to CST station when "armed gunman from unknown country" were firing at innocents.

This is what I meant in my post as being taking responsibilities for your actions. Please do not tell me that this is not true, Pakistan as a country is struggling and struggling big time. People of Pakistan need to rise up and do something about it. You need to take responsibilities for the actions your government takes. Why safe heaven people who know is also rotting your own country.

This applies to India as well, rise up and stand against hypocrisy. Why was there a celebration in BJP headquarters yesterday when our army officers were killed. Why has PM not spoken or given tributes to them? HE is the first to take credit, why not take responsibility now?

All both the countries want to do is bang chests for stupid reasons.

@CerealKiller -Also one last thing, if a thief robs you, you dont hold your dad accountable or family members accountable, you get better in silence which even though there has been few bumps, India has got better at. They handle themselves and the people who did this heinous crime yesterday, they will be hold accountable for that.

Again not a BJP supporter but I just have a feeling. I just wish there was a stronger opposition in India. BJP won against Congress regime because they were strong. I.N.D.I.A alliance is just a salad tossed up that will eventually rot itself as everyone in that alliance is money and power hungry.
Here's the thing you don't understand. Most Pakistanis, apart from the religious nutjobs, are smart enough to want peace with India. But no one can stand against the military establishment, not even elected Prime Ministers. Even Imran Khan, the most popular man in Pakistan, has been imprisoned and humiliated, because he stood up against them. Pakistani people who have tried to rise up have been slaughtered. This has happened in Balochistan, Khyber Pakthukhwa and this year even in Punjab https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2023_Pakistani_protests#Second_Phase_(9–12_May)
So when you lecture us to rise up, you should also know that when people have risen up, they have been killed and tortured by the fascist military in power. The common people or the cricketers don't provide safe haven to nor train any militants.
On the other hand, BJP hypocrisy is clear to see, when they wanna profit off Pakistan matches in the Modi Stadium, with singing and dancing displays to boot.
Neither the people of Pakistan, nor the cricketers of Pakistan have any responsibility for the heinous actions that have hurt relations between the two countries, the responsibility lies with an unaccountable force, and no one should be punished apart from them.

Bevab

Staff Member
They’re the same party that bans beef in one state on the basis of religion, encourages mob violence or lynchings of individuals involved in it’s market who also happen to belong to the socially unprivileged communities while also gleefully exporting it in large quantities and promoting it in a tourism based state. Likewise they appeal to their voter base with a religious bias but happily get involved with the Middle Eastern countries for economic matters.

Their identity based politics is just a sham like most other right wing political parties out there.

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
A bit surprised that all exit polls show Congress as the clear winner in all the exit polls in Telangana. I thought it would be difficult to topple BRS.

Users who are viewing this thread