Ponting Announces Retirement

midgetwars

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
(2 bad Tests and the vultures came out pretty quickly this summer despite being one of Australia's best ever - if Malcolm's Conn crappy writing has played a part, I'm angry...);

It's Conn and Craddock. They kept writing articles bashing Ponting about his 3 lack of scores and his weird falling wicket didn't help either.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Ricky Ponting, you will be missed on the field!

I loved to watch him bat. India have been on the receiving end on so many occasions but, I really enjoyed even when he got runs against us or for that matter anywhere. I didn't really follow much cricket prior to the 2003 world cup. And, that final was what made me a Ricky Ponting fan. What an innings that was! He could play with so much ease. I am sure one can never get tired watching him bat. It's a shame he has to go now but, somewhere it had to end. Wish him luck for the future and hopefully we will see him around cricket somewhere.

Aalay

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
2003 WC Final was one knock I still can't forget. A brilliant player, and will definitely miss watching him at International level. #Legend

Amar791849

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Last Thing Which i had never Expected to Happen Very Soon is this.. Was Stunned For a Moment when my Father Told Punter is Gonna After Perth Test.Great fan of Him Since ChildHood(2nd IDOL in Cricket). Whenever i Play Cricket : i try to hit a Shot Over Mid Wicket in Punter's Style.
I Saw him Only Once From the Stands- Practice Match Vs Board President XI,Hyderabad-2008.

PUNTER FOREVER.. !!

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Ricky Ponting is the only man to have participated in more than 100 Test Match victories for his side. An excellent batsman, fielder and a captain. People might call the NZ's yesteryears player John Ried as true allrounder of great but as a team man, Ponting was one great allrounder of the game I'd say.

Ahmad94

Staff Member
PAK...
KK
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Sad Days for cricket really. Ponting is one of the top three batsmen of the last decade. He dominated whenever he scored. I loved watching him hook the quickest bowlers like they medium pacers. This may trigger Sachin's retirement as well.

*fingers crossed*

I am glad he did this, rather than the Dravid technique. When Dravid should have finished his career in 2007 yet failed to perform and ruined his career stats slightly.

Little Punter

Club Captain
I was hoping he would play out the summer. I really wanted to watch him in the flesh at the 'G one last time. Even though I am only 16, I tried to bat like him in every way I could (with not a lot of success :p ) and I am so gutted to see him go. An absolute legend of the game. I hope he stays around and gets hired as Australia's batting coach because god knows we need someone to help with the young'ens coming through

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
it's been coming for a while I think, I know he'd picked up some form recently but once the vultures had started circling in about 2010 they were never far away. He didn't quite do enough to convince anyone that the bad form was the blip, not the other way around.

Anyway, a mammoth competitor, best batsman of the 2000s by far and opponents will be glad to see the back of him even simply in the field.

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Though not been a huge fan of Ponting, but must clearly say that he was one of the finest batsman of the generation in which he was a part of. That 2003 WC final where he massacred Indian bowlers still stays in painful memory!

Good luck Ricky!

War

Chairman of Selectors

Nice compilation uncle rob. I had forgotten about that superb individual fielding effort to run out Atapattu in Sri Lanka 2004 - that was a total fielders wicket.

Some other memorable Ponting shots & fielding that have always stuck in my mind would be:

- Pulling Tino Best for a rocket flat six in the 2003 Barbados test.

- his many shots during the first innings 50+ during the 2005 edgbaston test

- diving catch in the mumbai 2001 test

- straight sixes during the 2003 wc final

westindies2007

Panel of Selectors
One of the greatest Captain of our generation, and a very great player.

blazerix

Club Captain
:( Was very sad when I heard the news. A true legend.

Users who are viewing this thread