possible refund / withdrawl of sale strategy

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
The thing that has annoyed me most about the whole thing, is the sheer level of deceit. All the crap about DLC, adding features, and it was all lies. Further, the crap about doing mocap and all that, was clearly lies when you see the "stars of the show" in action...

Because i am a pedantic tosser with nothing even close to approaching a real life, as well as knowing a fair bit of C#, i have downloaded and been playing around with unity. You can download FOR FREE better characters and animation than they have in the unity asset store. For not much more than the price of this game you can download much, much better.

I am gonna say this, in 100% seriousness. If i was 505 i would be investigating where the budget went, cuz it didn't go on this game. I smell embezzlement.

Glad to see you're enjoying Unity. It's good fun! There are some high quality coders out there and artists who have made top-shelf things that you can download for free or rightfully pay for. All of them are better than the Ashes crap.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Glad to see you're enjoying Unity. It's good fun! There are some high quality coders out there and artists who have made top-shelf things that you can download for free or rightfully pay for. All of them are better than the Ashes crap.

Still very much a newbie and getting to grips with it, but yeah, huge fun. Unfortuately however i am not yet in a position to announce the release date for Blockerdave Cricket. Hang in there...

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Licensee approval delay, Blocker?

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Still very much a newbie and getting to grips with it, but yeah, huge fun. Unfortuately however i am not yet in a position to announce the release date for Blockerdave Cricket. Hang in there...

Too late, I told retailers it's coming and they've got the pre-orders ready...

whiteninness

Panel of Selectors

Make sure you don't forget to turn everything on.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
Any way to find out how many downloaded the game from steam?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Too late, I told retailers it's coming and they've got the pre-orders ready...

i was gonna push it out anyway... but having seen your steelbox edition i've decided to wait a bit. not sure my crayons on the back of a cardboard box edition will quite cut the mustard.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
There have been worse things sold for $20... Just sayin...

Last edited:

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
Your game is already closer to being a completed project.

NoWhere Man

School Cricketer
I've sold cricket games to Brockway, Ogdenville, and North Haverbrook, and by gum it put them on the map -Mike Fegan

pickledyoda

Club Cricketer
FYI regarding refunds, I just got a reply from Steam after two days

In my original enquiry, I explicitly asked for a refund.

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

Support for this title is provided by the original developer or publisher. Please refer to the following article for more information on contacting the support team for this title:

Title: Ashes Cricket 2013
Link: http://support.steampowered.com/kb_article.php?ref=8733-UIGC-2670&tpg=1

It is recommended that you complete any applicable steps on the page linked above. If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you click the blue "Contact Support" link provided in the article to contact the support department for this title.

So, not very helpful...
This would be my first refund too - I've read that they normally let you have the first one.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
You might want to reply to them that the game has been taken from the Steam store due to its poor quality and given that is the case do you really need to follow the steps when the publisher is admitting the game is faulty.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
Have you heard any further 'official' word on consoles? Obviously Blind Freddy could see it shouldn't release on consoles...but anything new on the grapevine?

Users who are viewing this thread