possible refund / withdrawl of sale strategy

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia

Then why didn't you say this instead of referring to the whole 'should have known better' thing?

Did we know it would be this bad? No.

Did we (members of this forum who have seen what has gone on the last few months) know better regardless of just how bad it ended up being? Absolutely.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I don't think many of the purchasers are actually saying they thought it would be good, they just didn't think it would be that bat.

Good point, I don't think that quite equates to demanding a refund though and as many have said, if you're a PC.net member all the signs were there. I have yet to see anyone sign up in the past few days to complain about their purchase. Majority of people bemoaning the loss of $20 are long-standing members who have been frequenting this form... Lots of opportunities to be aware.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Good point, I don't think that quite equates to demanding a refund though and as many have said, if you're a PC.net member all the signs were there. I have yet to see anyone sign up in the past few days to complain about their purchase. Majority of people bemoaning the loss of $20 are long-standing members who have been frequenting this form... Lots of opportunities to be aware.

I see Jonathon Trott isn't a forum member yet. He came out to bat in the second innings in Brisbane looking like a man who had just played Ashes cricket 13

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
I would also add that for most it's not actually the $20, if it was they wouldn't spend so much time on it, it's the idea of being ripped off and cheated.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Mental illness isn't funny. Take that shit elsewhere.

I would also add that for most it's not actually the $20... it's the idea of being ripped off and cheated.

Well I think we all feel a bit like that, whether we brought the game or not. Especially as they came to PC.net to get our help with this turd... some guys here really put a lot of effort into that stuff, I feel for them, that was genuine outreach from a developer and we all got duped.

Langeveldt

Panel of Selectors
  4. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
What input did PC give regarding the game? I noticed the Ad boards, on the videos. I didn't play long enough to see a boundary..

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
On less contentious ground Ross, what's your take on the possible withdrawl of sale on steam? There's no "buy" button any more. (given the name of this thread, i am taking full credit and henceforth 25th November shall forever be blocker dave day)

I'll believe it when my refund comes through.

I obviously don't care if I get the refund or not, its more the point that Steam understand that a refund is due and the game is that bad.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
The thing that has annoyed me most about the whole thing, is the sheer level of deceit. All the crap about DLC, adding features, and it was all lies. Further, the crap about doing mocap and all that, was clearly lies when you see the "stars of the show" in action...

Because i am a pedantic tosser with nothing even close to approaching a real life, as well as knowing a fair bit of C#, i have downloaded and been playing around with unity. You can download FOR FREE better characters and animation than they have in the unity asset store. For not much more than the price of this game you can download much, much better.

I am gonna say this, in 100% seriousness. If i was 505 i would be investigating where the budget went, cuz it didn't go on this game. I smell embezzlement.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
He has more holidays "planned well in advance" :p

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
i have downloaded and been playing around with unity. You can download FOR FREE better characters and animation than they have in the unity asset store. For not much more than the price of this game you can download much, much better.

I'd say apply for a job down there but it sounds like you're overqualified.

Users who are viewing this thread