Post Your Desktops

Nice, Andrew :thumbs:

Does DesktopX slow down your system ? I tried most Stardock products and found it not very practical when it came to actually using it. Windowblinds was too resource hungry and WindowFX though cool at first quicky got annoying. ObjectDock is the only bit I found useful. Coupled with a few visual styles I find it the best aesthetic/ performance option currently.

That said I haven't tried latest versions of these progs so I dont know if they've improved.

Iniyan how is Aston ? I did briefly try Aston and Talisman on my old PC but again found them too resource hungry for daily use.

It doesn't seem to slow my system down too much, but I do have a fair bit of memory and not too much running in the background.

If you're using ObjectBar and Windowblinds it can help free up some resources as Windowblinds seems to use most memory skinning the start menu and task bar, which it doesn't do with Objectbar.

I do get a bit of slow down when playing some movie files and DVDs, but I just close DesktopX when watching a movie file or DVD. It has no effect with my TV image from my TV tuner though.

Yeah, no problems with me too Vineet.
I have only one program running in the background - PCTV remote. I also use 3D Studio Max and other resource consuming stuff, but I have no problems. Tell you what, I have only 256 DDR.

Man I really wish I could have a desktop like you,Vineet and Iniyan!Where do you guys get your desktops from?

i also find stardock programs memory consuming...

i onli find object dock good since itz small and doesnt take up much memory

desktop x lookd realli good with da theme i got, but it ate up cpu usage in tonness :wacko:

You could add useful stuff to the dock like a shutdown shortcut for windows to your dock Duncan

Plus if you left click and hold down the button for 2-3 sec on the my computer icon you'll get a menu to easily naigate your pc. You can even get your start menu on the dock if you so desire. :rolleyes:

A really good Icons site for your dock and desktopx is www.xicons.com. Some stuff not seen anywhere else.
I'm sure you guys know about the more famous sites though.

thnx vineet bout the mi computer navigation - relali good...

but how do u get a start button?/ can u post a screenshot?

ok thanks alot andrew, i saw another post and it said it was memory consuming, is this true?

Users who are viewing this thread