Post your questions about the game here!

I would second this. Almost all of us tend to read something in ross's post all the time. Gotta stop doing that if you do not want to feel frustrated. Ross has already mentioned nothing has changed so far, their plans have not changed. BUT if things change he will let us know instantly. So let's have some patience. If we do not hear anything this month, we will know things have changed.

Big Ant must at least have an idea of what they are leaning towards. I cant believe that they have no clue about what they will probably do.

They are leaning towards 2013, this has been said. But things MAY change due to that other game being released and poisoning the market. It has also been said that IF things change we will know.

Big Ant must at least have an idea of what they are leaning towards. I cant believe that they have no clue about what they will probably do.

You don't know whether he has got a plan or not in his mind....Please don't judge him from his posts ...He has come here and shared the info about the game individually..So let us wait...We all love this game would like it to release ASAP and so does Ross...As we all want cricket games coming for years to come we have to be patient and support him instead of just telling what we feel instead of knowing Ross' views...:cheers

Ultimately the buyers from retail decide what they will buy and in what quantity, lets see how they think things are after this debacle - they do not like being burned like this, there will be a backlash.

It seems no one is actually letting 505 understand the state of their game, there is a lot of feedback on the Ashes FB pages but I doubt they read any of those, best to go to the source - 505 FaceBook and Twitter to get the message across clearly.

Ultimately the buyers from retail decide what they will buy and in what quantity, lets see how they think things are after this debacle - they do not like being burned like this, there will be a backlash.

It seems no one is actually letting 505 understand the state of their game, there is a lot of feedback on the Ashes FB pages but I doubt they read any of those, best to go to the source - 505 FaceBook and Twitter to get the message across clearly.

Ross---Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Gameplay with -BARS video has very good and crystal clear pitch wear and the ground looks awesome with greenery ,while in play session videos it doesn't look the same , is this because of video quality recorded , can u give us different pitch wear available in the game.

Ross---Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Gameplay with -BARS video has very good and crystal clear pitch wear and the ground looks awesome with greenery ,while in play session videos it doesn't look the same , is this because of video quality recorded , can u give us different pitch wear available in the game.

That's the difference between a phone recording and professional equipment.

What, the same game you haven't even played yet. :facepalm

And also read between the lines people, this game is not gonna release this year now, accept it and move on, ashes 13 has seen to that.

Everybody has their own opinion, mine is that obviously Ashes have thrown a dead sheep in the well and that is massively unfortunate from a business perspective but that doesn't change the fact that the best time to release this game is during the current ashes series because after that cricket gets mothballed in the UK for 6 months. This coupled with next gen releases and Christmas to me suggests a December release would shift most units, even if partially discounted.

As regards retailers and their opinion of cricket games PA (post Ashes), quite frankly I don't think time will heal, what will heal is the release of a good cricket game which it seems we have waiting in the wings.

And also read between the lines people, this game is not gonna release this year now, accept it and move on, ashes 13 has seen to that.

Unfortunately, this guy gets it.

EDIT:

As an aside, I would give a nice hot muffin to be a fly on the wall at Trickstar tomorrow morning, and a even hotter one to be at Big Ant Studios... ;)

Last edited:

It would be worth sending feedback to both Cricket Australia and the ECB as well. If they get enough negatives from customers and the media then they would surely look to pull the plug on sales of Ashes 13.

I cannot see that they would put their brand integrity at risk by continuing to be associated with, and effectively endorsing, such a damaged product.

this game is not gonna release this year now

Even if it doesn't, I'd take it on a positive not.
BigAnt has fixed many bugs on CA as they were reported, and I hope they do the same with player movements in the game to make it more natural (I think most of the bugs we noted from were an earlier build). So hopefully we'll see a much more polished game as it comes out.

I'm looking forward to a Jan-Feb release at the worst.

is it worth changing your usual approach and sending out review copies of DBC? you've got to get word out that this is nothing like ashes.

is it worth changing your usual approach and sending out review copies of DBC? you've got to get word out that this is nothing like ashes.

Sadly the vast majority of people do not read reviews, a very small percentage read forums such as this.

Ashes may get the worst Metacritic of all time, and in my opinion that would be more than deserved. People should log in there and vote as they feel appropriate.

Ashes Cricket 2013 for PC Reviews - Metacritic

PS: I should add, with reference to your post, nothing is like Ashes 2013, the official video game, thankfully it is unique.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread