DBC17 Career Mode

warpfactor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
The teams in play as a start don't match the ones I've downloaded. I started a career as Joe Root and I've got 2 Jimmy Anderson's in the team.
I don't get the game till tonight but I've seen this issue on a stream as well. The reason the lineups doesn't match exactly what is in the download is because career lineups are dynamic. So the automatic selectors will choose it's best XI which won't necessarily match what was chosen by the team's creator.

The double Jimmy issue, as a guess, maybe because you have two different versions of him in your academy? One for England and one for Lancs maybe? Have a search of all players in Academy and see if you have more than one copy. If there are were two Jimmys to select from, I'd probably choose both too!

Champagnepapi

ICC Board Member
Kings XI
Profile Flag
Canada
To really simplify it - players are generated at the club level and filter up - so if the retired player is at international level, a top domestic player would replace them. As club players move up to domestic and international, their spots get filled by newly generated players to continue the cycle.
I know I'm going on an old post, but would this mean the regen system works like Fifa? If someone like James Anderson retires there will be a regen bowler who would be really good coming through divisions?

warpfactor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I don't get the game till tonight but I've seen this issue on a stream as well. The reason the lineups doesn't match exactly what is in the download is because career lineups are dynamic. So the automatic selectors will choose it's best XI which won't necessarily match what was chosen by the team's creator.

The double Jimmy issue, as a guess, maybe because you have two different versions of him in your academy? One for England and one for Lancs maybe? Have a search of all players in Academy and see if you have more than one copy. If there are were two Jimmys to select from, I'd probably choose both too!

Now having the game I think this is what's happened. When you downloaded Lancs, a pop up will have appeared saying you already have a Jimmy Anderson and it's not 100% clear but the default selection would leave you with two versions.

warpfactor

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Now having the game I think this is what's happened. When you downloaded Lancs, a pop up will have appeared saying you already have a Jimmy Anderson and it's not 100% clear but the default selection would leave you with two versions.
Actually no. I've just proved myself wrong.

At the point where I'd just downloaded a couple of international sides and Hampshire, I started a career mode as Johnny Bairstow, mainly to see how career wicketkeeper worked, and straight away had two Andersons in the test side. Went back to the academy and confirmed that there's only one Anderson in there.

Jake777

School Cricketer
Actually no. I've just proved myself wrong.

At the point where I'd just downloaded a couple of international sides and Hampshire, I started a career mode as Johnny Bairstow, mainly to see how career wicketkeeper worked, and straight away had two Andersons in the test side. Went back to the academy and confirmed that there's only one Anderson in there.
Can confirm this.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
What happens if you decline the offer to become captain? can you still make the higher teams?

Amit Inchal

School Cricketer
Can someone tell me is it possible to increase the player attributes specially agility, cardio fitness & strength? If yes then how to do it?

cd779

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Can someone tell me is it possible to increase the player attributes specially agility, cardio fitness & strength? If yes then how to do it?
There is a glitch at the minute which prevents these increasing unless you simulate matches - it is recommended to simulate at least one match a season to update.

timefortea

School Cricketer
Is there any point going into the nets other than to practice your own real-life skill using the controller?

Does it actually improve your player at all?

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Is there any point going into the nets other than to practice your own real-life skill using the controller?

Does it actually improve your player at all?
Don't think so -- not so I have noticed -- what could be nice is in career you can have a "1 hour practice session" and the system picks a skill you are particularly bad at and you practice that for a simulated hour to improve that skill before your next game...

USACricNerd

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
West Indies
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
A quick update for you Career Mode fans....

Just got offered club team captaincy and it does indeed allow you to set your own lineups for matches, though it does so before you know about the weather and/or pitch conditions, so you can't necessarily read a dusty wicket and play an extra spinner, for example. You also have the ability to change the batting order during a match, but it appears that you need to make the change before the wicket falls.

Also, in between seasons, a player on my club team retired! Good stuff.

Zaneo

Club Captain
Playing as batting all rounder leg spin bowler when bowling doesn't even attempt to field off own bowling is this just because stats are low or glitch anyone else having trouble?

Zaneo

Club Captain
So i take it things like running between wickets stats not getting better is also a glitch?

Zaneo

Club Captain
Bugger well fingers crossed that's definitely on the up coming patch pretty decent oversight

Users who are viewing this thread