Some non likeable stuff in DBC17 career mode!

SimonC4

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Wouldnt a batsman stamina go up after resting on a 4 day match? I was at 33% at the end of the days play and then the next day I start up at 33%. You figure that would have to go up a little bit dont you? I did sleep and rest after the match.
Yes, you'd think so. Likewise, confidence should go down. Do you know if that happens? I think I started the second innings with the same confidence I finished the first innings on, even though it was a couple of days later.

Offie McOff face

School Cricketer
Wouldnt a batsman stamina go up after resting on a 4 day match? I was at 33% at the end of the days play and then the next day I start up at 33%. You figure that would have to go up a little bit dont you? I did sleep and rest after the match.

Hopefully patch 3 will have resolved that.

break1n

School Cricketer
My only gripe with it is that when you're batting because your player isn't good enough you spend most of the time building your innings with 1s and 2s to get in, yet if you simulate your batting partners only deal in dotballs and boundaries. I've had several games where I'm opening the batting and by the 8th over I've faced 10 balls and the number 5 has the same amount of deliveries faced due to them just not being able to take singles which is pretty much my only way of scoring. Batsmen seem to have a very good set aggression up until I am needed to bowl the last over and they need 10+ to win, by which they're always happy to prod the ball to the infield and sit on their bats

The_Pharoah

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Agreed, although I suspect that may have something to do with the very low stamina levels you have at the beginning which would make 40 overs pretty impossible!

yeah but thats silly if you know what i mean. Its just a lazy way of implementing lower levels of cricket. You're supposed to upskill yourself in grade cricket including your stamina and THEN get selected to the state side. Throwing us into a 20/20 game with crappy skills is just forcing us to grind. They should've given us 40/40 cricket which is still reasonably fast but allows you time to block, take ones and twos, etc and actually build an innings. I would've also liked if we had a representative game that you got selected to eg. Qld U21s or something...then QLD, etc.

Ant Popple

School Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
My "non likeable stuff" are mainly aesthetic. I'm still playing grade cricket. I'm old and crap at the game. I also really, really like this game.

In no particular order:
  • The players on my team look scary! I wish there was an option to turn off beards. I feel like I'm playing with pirates ... or they've use the same procedural generation as No Man's Sky.
  • When the umpire awards the coin toss, there's a 50-50 chance he'll point to the wrong captain.
  • Fielding AI is sketchy. Players launch into a sprint for no apparent reason.
  • When a ball is tapped back on the boundary, the fielder just stands there for a few seconds reveling in his glory (as another run is pinched.)
  • Everyone wants to return the ball to the bowler's end!
  • The score of the last ball of the over isn't shown.
All minor stuff. But if I can't raise it here then it's with the wife and kids ... and they don't care.

scampy

Club Captain
The update (for PC of 28Mb on 24/01/17) has fixed the issues in my career. I am now able to play in an Edgbaston with stands and a crowd (as opposed to none) and in whites for first class matches (as opposed to coloured kits).

Thanks Big Ant.

Skankhunt 42

Banned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Players launch into a sprint for no apparent reason
That's the most "liked" aspect for me! This thing makes me laugh! :lol I mean; seriously? You have to save a single to a ball that's coming your way and Damn! you just ran for your life completely ignoring the ball and then again came back to collect it. Also then You throw it with so much of a force (when batsman are well in crease) that it concedes a boundary as an over throw! GOD (BigAnt) help this players!

chintoo02018

Associate Cricketer
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
1 - Career Fielding Camera is not working .
2 - Stamina in HUD and Stamina see in Bowler Selection Have different .

Most Important thing why I should start career at Age 18 , Means I could only get chance in International side at 21 - 22 . Which is very late.

Brentismaximas

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand

Yea mine usually goes up overnight during a Test Match.

FollowOn

Club Captain
Its very annoying to see that most bowlers in career mode can bowl all 4 types of deliveries , another immersion breaker , I think it would be fair to have attributes sorted in such a way that most bowlers can only bowl 1 or max 2 types of deliveries , not every one is McGrath ,Wasim and Brett Lee. Perhaps a fix in the next patch?

Brentismaximas

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
New Zealand

Did you...or were you out partying all night? :cheers

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Its very annoying to see that most bowlers in career mode can bowl all 4 types of deliveries , another immersion breaker , I think it would be fair to have attributes sorted in such a way that most bowlers can only bowl 1 or max 2 types of deliveries , not every one is McGrath ,Wasim and Brett Lee. Perhaps a fix in the next patch?
what about reducing the players skill in the particular ball you dont want them to bowl, reduce it to zero so that when you attempt it, he wont bowl it well -- IE it will go straight instead of swing?

FollowOn

Club Captain
what about reducing the players skill in the particular ball you dont want them to bowl, reduce it to zero so that when you attempt it, he wont bowl it well -- IE it will go straight instead of swing?

Can't do that for career mode regen players.

The_Pharoah

International Coach
another annoying thing is seeing spinners who only really bowl a stock ball (or variation), such as Nathan Lyon, bowling wrong'uns.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread