Some non likeable stuff in DBC17 career mode!

FollowOn

Club Captain
OK guys having played the career mode for 10 hours or so , and simming it mostly here is critical review of the stuff which in my opinion are non likeable and immersion breaker, will list them so that they are easy to be analyzed and fixed , BTW having a blast with DBC17 no game breaker issues for me yet.
1)AI players development are extremely slow (like 20x slower than your player)
2)When get a chance to play in some T20 leagues or FC cricket , you are guaranteed selection no matter what skill level you are , I was like 49 ovrall when I got the chance to play FC for deers where they got players in 60s and 70s but I was an automatic selection and later offered captaincy when my skill where in late 50s.
3)Dynamic lineups and AI players development are broken and AI team always went with the same lineup seasons after seasons.
4)Lack of cum stats tab for all the players in career mode , there is stats tracking for all players involved in career mode so why not offer an option to view them outside the match?
5)Never got drop from any team yet primarily because the dynamic lineup is not working
6)A seperate attribute for inswing/outswing and legcutter/offcutter will make a huge difference in providing distinct bowlers in career mode. Also all the attributes are very close to each other making players very much similar , perhaps attributes needs to be more random.

Fissionmailed

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Would be awesome if dynamic lineups could be turned up, and you have players getting selected and dropped, at the moment one team is getting picked and that's it there are around 10 other people in squads that are never getting selected. Which is weird because because there is some sort of form system when you view your squad in the form of coloured arrows which I presume shows what kind of form your team mates are in, but this system has no effect at the moment.

Hopefully it's just a matter of a few small tweaks to get it working.

Offie McOff face

School Cricketer
Got to be a balance though. If I'm going to be stuck in the club levels for ages until I grind my player's ability overall into the 60's then it's going to annoy me immensely.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)
Got to be a balance though. If I'm going to be stuck in the club levels for ages until I grind my player's ability overall into the 60's then it's going to annoy me immensely.

That's a perfect term for it, a grind. In my first season I can barely hit the ball off the square after bowling 2 overs. All I played on DBC14 was career mode but the stamina thing on 17 is really making me want to avoid career altogether.

Marulz23

School Cricketer
The lineups in club cricket aren't an issue, for the sheer fact you are there for at least 3 seasons at the beginning of your career is enough....imagine how frustrating it would be not doing as well as you like because of the low stats and then being dropped, spending half your career at the lowest level. The lack of stats is the only real worry i have apart from some minor bugs in gameplay, think there were some major steps forward in this version of the game.

Spoobir

Thread of the Month March 2018
The lineups in club cricket aren't an issue, for the sheer fact you are there for at least 3 seasons at the beginning of your career is enough....imagine how frustrating it would be not doing as well as you like because of the low stats and then being dropped, spending half your career at the lowest level. The lack of stats is the only real worry i have apart from some minor bugs in gameplay, think there were some major steps forward in this version of the game.

I actually already have a game about playing cricket terribly at club level year after year, it's called real life. :p

scampy

Club Captain
Drop the 'selection' to easiest until you are out of club cricket, then turn it back up once you are into domestic cricket. On easiest level you are usually out of club cricket at the start of the second season.

Offie McOff face

School Cricketer
the only thing I don't like about the career mode is that its a 20/20 season. They should have made it atleast 40/40, not 20/20.

Agreed, although I suspect that may have something to do with the very low stamina levels you have at the beginning which would make 40 overs pretty impossible!

kulch

Club Captain
Stamina depletion needs to be toned down a notch and regen alot faster between sessions days and inings. Then we can play proper grade matches that aren't T20s

Englishman

School Cricketer
Once you're season is finished there should be teams from other countries wanting to sign you rather than simulating to the start the next season to much

Brentismaximas

Club Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Agreed, although I suspect that may have something to do with the very low stamina levels you have at the beginning which would make 40 overs pretty impossible!
Yes. Having the stamina of a 3 year old girl is difficult in this game. I hope to have my players stamina somewhere near grown assed man by the time I retire.

Offie McOff face

School Cricketer
Difficult balance for them to get right I guess. A normal club player would find 4 day cricket a major challenge fitness wise, and they're trying to model that, but in the process are nerfing the ability to bowl 4 overs of quick bowling early on in the game

tonicfan

School Cricketer
Wouldnt a batsman stamina go up after resting on a 4 day match? I was at 33% at the end of the days play and then the next day I start up at 33%. You figure that would have to go up a little bit dont you? I did sleep and rest after the match.

Users who are viewing this thread