Post your questions about the game here!

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
How's this not been patched in with all the patch updates? This bug has been around since Patch 1 (or 2) and definitely should be fixed in Patch 3.

Paging @fiction, @HBK619 as I don't think expecting folks to hold off appeal for a couple of seconds is a long term solution. When you get an edge from the batsman, it's instinctive to appeal for the dismissal and majority of people will go up instantaneously.

I've not actually had this happen to me for a long time. I do tend to hold off but quite often I get caught up in the moment and instantly appeal and expect the bug to kick in but it doesn't. I play with fully automatic fielding, I wonder if it happens more often with the other fielding modes?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I've not actually had this happen to me for a long time. I do tend to hold off but quite often I get caught up in the moment and instantly appeal and expect the bug to kick in but it doesn't. I play with fully automatic fielding, I wonder if it happens more often with the other fielding modes?

Could be as most go with the semi-auto fielding option, i.e. you have control over catching and selecting which end you throw the ball to. This bug may not happen everytime but it still seems to be hanging around, which shouldn't be the case.

Markkkkk

I have waited 10 years for this!
Profile Flag
South Africa
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I think the bug is if you appeal before the keeper catches the ball because that would make sense because it isnt out yet...

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
I think the bug is if you appeal before the keeper catches the ball because that would make sense because it isnt out yet...

Yeah but we see so many times in real life the bowler go up as soon as the batsman edges it even though keeper or slip still has to complete the catch. This shouldn't be a reason for the batsman to be given not out.

BigAntStudios

@Ross
Big Ant
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It's a bug.

From memory, appealing before the batsman is out causes it (as he is not out when the appeal begins).

jaffar100

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Dear All,

FYI, I am currently having updated patch 1.20

I have few issues to address as described below...

1. I have issues with match type designer.

I have edited power plays ,stumps few rules etc .under pro 40,4day,t20,one day ,test match types.

I have started with new career these changes are not reflecting on the career.

2. I have started career under Veteran mode ,after playing for some time will my mode gets changed to Legend?
Before the patch when I was playing with PRO career mode my domestic matches were at PRO mode and international matches were at VETERAN mode. I could not see happening this now :(
Please reply ASAP to my queries...Thank You in advance.

Last edited:

sid8491

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Great minds think alike...
How can I advance and then play a defensive shot?
I press both advance and defense buttons but player hits the ball in the air aggressively for four or six (which is bad if their is some fielder).

Snake199

School Cricketer
Hi guys, in my second season I got a contract with Glamorgan (originally play for NSW) do I play a WHOLE season with them, all 16 four day games etc?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Hi guys, in my second season I got a contract with Glamorgan (originally play for NSW) do I play a WHOLE season with them, all 16 four day games etc?
Yes - but you can simulate the games you don't want to play. Though if you're on 360 or PS3 that feature is coming in the next patch, and you'll need to enter the match and forfeit to skip.

sid8491

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
is it just me or no one really plays it online..??
and I can not send request on steam as I'm on level 0.

Snake199

School Cricketer
Yes - but you can simulate the games you don't want to play. Though if you're on 360 or PS3 that feature is coming in the next patch, and you'll need to enter the match and forfeit to skip.

I didn't realise this, I've been playing every single game haha!

When is the next patch?

Users who are viewing this thread