Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Hi Guys,
Lets Predict on the look , feel, Gameplay etc of the Ashes cricket 2013

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
I think there will be nothing revolutionary in this game. The gameplay will be polished up version of ic 2010. Animation and AI will be better. On line would have been fixed. Graphics will be better than before.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
This isn't a matter of prediction/expectation. The game is not and can not be based on Ashes Cricket 2009/International Cricket 2010.

Westindies

Club Captain
u mean it will be new wrt to all aspects? there wont be any trace of older versions??

i have posted this poll since chief is not revealing us anything wrt ashes cricket 13

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
I read the features list. Things mentioned here were part of previous games. Bowling marker is expected to be there. I am sure they are developing a brand new game but they seem orthodox in their approach.

vaibhavtewatia

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
It should certainly not be a patched IC10 version IMO. True, it lacks some features, but it has the basic features a game is bound to have!!
More importantly, it is learned the focus was the gameplay!!
Features can always we added in V2 as said a no. of times.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
If issues like AI and animations were to be sorted out, IC was a decent game. With a brand new engine, I expect that to happen. Their focus on gameplay also means the game will be very playable. It just will not very revolutionary like bigant cricket title.

D

Dutch

If issues like AI and animations were to be sorted out, IC was a decent game. With a brand new engine, I expect that to happen. Their focus on gameplay also means the game will be very playable. It just will not very revolutionary like bigant cricket title.

But we have no idea yet whether revolutionary is better, or whether the approach by these guys is as orthodox as we might make it. And we are perhaps getting a bit spoilt. If this had been the only game coming out we would be probably be more pleased about the improvements that have been mentioned, dynamic weather, realistic ai, changing pitch, new commentary and commentators, new graphics, mo cap, fielding system, bowling system etcetera.

I fail to understand what this poll hopes to acheive or what its meaning is. I can just as well start a poll about whether the outfield grass will be greener in this version or not.

----------

Trickstar/505 don't own the rights to the codebase used on the previous editions.

Exactly, making the first option in the poll the only logical thing to click and something we already know thus utterly redundant. It is a new game, new code, from A to Z.

zeustrojanstark

Chairman of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Codies wont be giving Chief and Co the code but the features seem to be just a patch for Ashes 09.Maybe we need to wait for the gameplay and snapshots of the game.And i second that,this thread seems to be a bit un necessary but just the creators expectation maybe.

D

Dutch

Codies wont be giving Chief and Co the code but the features seem to be just a patch for Ashes 09.Maybe we need to wait for the gameplay and snapshots of the game.And i second that,this thread seems to be a bit un necessary but just the creators expectation maybe.

I can understand a poll asking am I looking forward to this game or not or the mentioned features excite me yes or no but it has been clearly stated that the game is completely new wrt all aspects. It has to be. They cannot use one iota of code from a previous game. They dont own it. The game wont even be able to have a too strong resemblance to previous versions, that would be copyright infringement. Codies would sue 505 for copying their game.

----------

u mean it will be new wrt to all aspects? there wont be any trace of older versions??

i have posted this poll since chief is not revealing us anything wrt ashes cricket 13

There is masses revealed about this game. Perhaps not what you wanted to hear but there are many aspects that have been highlighted.

Biggs

This guy gets it
BGZ..
Profile Flag
New Zealand (Silver Fern)
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I predict I'm going to eat salad at some point today... it won't be revolutionary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread